Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 705324 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #3840 on: October 06, 2017, 08:33:29 pm »

https://garfield.com/comic/1990/05/30
This is terrible like "terrifying", or possibly "terrific" in that it made it past the censors.  And people say Garfield is mundane.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: October 06, 2017, 09:39:27 pm »

I don't get it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: October 06, 2017, 09:44:11 pm »

She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: October 06, 2017, 09:47:03 pm »

The joke is that it's asking for your birthday, and won't go further without it, claiming that it's there to give "...the best Garfield.com experience EVER!", obviously. Which is a laughable reason.

Or at least that's what I take from that link.

(Or that it gives Year values back to 1908, but then complains if you provide anything earlier than 1917...)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:49:20 pm by Starver »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: October 06, 2017, 09:51:28 pm »

I'd laugh and agree that it's ridiculous to age-gate a syndicated cartoon from the 90's, but somehow it's almost appropriate.
She/they

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: October 06, 2017, 10:39:34 pm »

How do academics communicate over long distance?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... this one worked. I visibly winced at the punchline. Good job.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: October 07, 2017, 12:41:08 am »

The joke is that it's asking for your birthday, and won't go further without it, claiming that it's there to give "...the best Garfield.com experience EVER!", obviously. Which is a laughable reason.

(Or that it gives Year values back to 1908, but then complains if you provide anything earlier than 1917...)
To be fair, the fact that you and I both used the lowest year possible on the age gate form is honestly far more amusing than the actual cartoon.

Still, seeing semen jokes in a Garfield strip are certainly worth my thirty seconds of lifetime spent.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: October 07, 2017, 01:47:14 am »

To be fair, the fact that you and I both used the lowest year possible on the age gate form is honestly far more amusing than the actual cartoon.
Wait, it wasn't just me? Yall also tried 1908?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3848 on: October 07, 2017, 01:53:31 am »

The best part is that it's not even age gated. I put in today's date and it didn't even blink.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: October 07, 2017, 05:45:07 am »

Makes you wonder what's really going on. Must be illuminati molemen lizardpeople from mars datamining birthdays from Garfield strips.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:01 pm »

Not sure. The only [drug] I take is manufactured in Israel.
Is it for hasidic reflux?
i believe this belongs here
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: October 18, 2017, 03:11:58 pm »

I've been rereading the couple Spider Robinson books I have, and that means...
"A fella named Lonega wondered out loud why theater people are always saying, 'Break a leg,' and without batting an eye, Doc says, 'Well, you can't make a Hamlet without breaking legs.' Hey, I couldn't let him get away with that one, could I? I came up with a better one."

The Doc shuddered. "'Better'? Hah! I remember it yet." He turns to us. "He gives us this five-minute setup about this bizarre compulsion he's been having, to build replicas of Assyrian stepped pyramids, and then burn 'em to the ground. And then he waits...until somebody's just about to change the subject...and he says-"

Long-Drink finished it for him. "I gotta quit smokin' ziggurats before it kills me."

As one, we moaned.

"So of course I take a closer look at him," the Doc said, "and I see he's wearing this hand-painted polka-dot necktie - this was back when men wore neckties in a bar - and I say, 'Nice tie, buddy. More in Seurat than in Ingres.' And we were off and running. As I recall it, his next atrocity was something about a new method of erosion control for beaches-"

"You wait for a real hot day, so the winds'll be violent," Long-Drink interrupted again. "Then you just spread out fishing nets. This results in the formation of-"

"The Doc, and Mike Callahan, chorused the punchline with him. "-A BAKIN' LATTICE AND TORNADO SAND RIDGE!"

And, of course, the puns continue from there. :3

"...until you perpetrated that Byzantine horror about the Middle-Eastern manure salesman.

Long-Drink shook his head. "I don't remember it."

The room held its breath.

"Would that I could forget it.  Let's see...you started with that true story about the guy in the Civil War who got a testicle shot off, and impregnated a lady fifty yards away...only you specified that he was a German named Josef, and that the shot was fired by Scarlett O'Hara, and that the resulting child was named for his father. Then, as I recall the atrocity, you alleged that the child grew to manhood, moved to the Middle East, and used a series of methodical burglaries to finance his vast manure empire-"

"Ah, yes," Long-Drink said reminiscently.  "The Haifa-lootin', routine Teuton, son of a gun from Tara's owner, big-time Cow-Pie Joe..."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:16:37 pm by Culise »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3852 on: October 18, 2017, 03:13:56 pm »

What's purple and commutes? An abelian grape.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: October 18, 2017, 06:44:07 pm »

What's purple and a registered sex offender?

A grope.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: October 18, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »

What's blue and purple and didn't run fast enough?

A Peeping Tom after eyeing an Amazon.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 316