Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Star Type

G-type main-sequence star, yellow stars (Like the Sun, lifetime of ~10 bil. years)
- 3 (23.1%)
K-type main-sequence star, orange stars (Cooler than the Sun, more stable, slightly less massive, lifetime of ~20 bil. years)
- 4 (30.8%)
F-type main-sequence star, yellow-white stars (Slightly hotter than the Sun, less stable, more massive, lifetime of ~3 bil. years, very !!FUN!!)
- 5 (38.5%)
Other classes (Please specify)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Create a Planet  (Read 64170 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Planet
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2012, 09:51:42 pm »

Actions
>Insert dormant Multi-cellular capable DNA into all organisms on planet.
>Send down metal-laden astroids onto an uninhabited area of the planet.
>after a 100-year constant bombardment of the area, construct palace at the location of greatest concentration.  (Uplift land above sea-level if there is none on the planet after bombardment)
Each of those is bigger than anything we've done, and you're doing three at once.
And throwing down lots of asteroids isn't very protective...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2012, 09:56:04 pm »

I'm pretty sure that everything dies due the high concentration of metal ions in the water.  :P

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »

Actions
>after a 100-year constant bombardment of the area, construct palace at the location of greatest concentration.  (Uplift land above sea-level if there is none on the planet after bombardment)
1)Each of those is bigger than anything we've done, and you're doing three at once.
2)And throwing down lots of asteroids isn't very protective...

1)The actions will not be done all at once, they will be done in sequence.
2)The sphere of metal demands that all ores in the system must be upon the planet.

I'm pretty sure that everything dies due the high concentration of metal ions in the water.  :P

The strong survive.  Or it just restarts, only with a better atmosphere and more metals.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2012, 10:12:21 pm »

1. It's still more than we've done in a turn.
2. Cutting off your leg so your arm can be a bit stronger?
3. B.S.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sporemaniac777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2012, 03:03:09 am »

The old Tree of Life, so you guys don't miss out on anything:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

take imagebanana.com.

Thanks, I used it to upload the tree of life from last one and the new one aswell. Although the site is in german, that's no problem.

Ignisterra is the other moon. The firey world.

The surface colonies start to develop basic photosynthesis. Meanwhile, some of those in the depths become larger, with more complex internal passages. Also, some of all of the swimming, sponge-like colonies (which I will term poripinnans), large and small, will develop more complex internal passages and such, allowing them to "jet" around. This grants swift, voluntary motility.

Pardon my stupidity, I'll fix the name of the moon. I'm not very good at latin, sorry  :P
Ahh, photosynthesis, The scourge of anaerobic organisms. I think we're heading for a mass extinction here... You create the first algae-like organisms, they start using up a lot of the CO2 and they produce a waste product, oxygen. The oxygen levels are starting to rise.

Can another person join this game?  If possible, details below of what I would prefer.  (mostly chose this due to the lack

Of course, there's no limit for the players in this game.

Why are you assuming my dragons are evil? I was planning to be ALL dragons.
Seriously, why does everyone assume I'm evil?

Referenced the post, and who says spheres cannot overlap anyway?:

Why are you assuming my dragons are evil? I was planning to be ALL dragons.
Seriously, why does everyone assume I'm evil?

Pisskop: Andriofaust, God of water, rain, ice and snow. (neutral to chaotic neutral)
Rhyme: Izrador God of Death, Cold and Darkness. (probably lawful neutral to lawful evil)
GreatWyrmGold: Azeroth, God of Flames and Creator of Dragons and Trolls. (chaotic neutral to chaotic evil)
Angle: Litekkio, god of change and trickery. (chaotic evil)
Dragor 23: Logos, god of logic. (lawful neutral)
Hubris Incalculable: Tishka, God of Air and wind. (neutral to chaotic neutral)

GUNINANRUNIN: God of Abandonment and Multi-Coloured Ribbons (chaotic neutral?)
micelus: Calliv, god of Randomness. (definitively chaotic neutral)
kopout: Atrirs, lord of false life. (no idea)
Xantalos: Adon, god of curiosity, coincidence, and advancement. (lawful neutral maybe? closest to good yet)

So I shall claim Halimeda, goddess of compassion, peace and healing (neutral good). (partly because I like this kind of god(dess), and partly to counterbalance this band of chaotic neutral gods. Seriously, half of you are Chaotic Neutral. Not that I have anything against it, but I like varety, that's all.)

The spheres are just to bring in a slight roleplay element, there's no problem if they overlap. You may or may not stick to your spheres when it comes to actions, that's your choice. You might aswell change them if you want to, in the middle of the game.

Then I shall have Draken The God of the Scales, arrive to assist.
Domains: Order, Balance, Chaos, Protection(over lapping with others here)

As for Actions I shall first break some of the carbon Dioxide into its base components of Carbon and Dioxide using sets of three dioxide i shall then craft sets of two tri-oxide (or O-zone) and create a protective barrier of O-zone around the Primary planet.

Then for Ignisterra I bring some of the nitrogen from Genesis and form an atmosphere for it.

Then I shall go to the First and still un-nammed moon and start my palace, and I shall name the Moon.
"Tranquility"

Dioxide molecule? I don't think that's ever used when it comes to normal basic mollecules. Dioxide would be a regular oxygen mollecule and trioxide would be ozone. There's no natural process here that would allow splitting CO2 into oxygen and carbon, except for photosynthesis. Some of the oxygen created by the algae is binding into molleclues of three oxygen atoms. You create a thin ozone layer which should increase along with the oxygen level. For now, the planet more or less protected from most of the radiation from the two suns. Hnnghh... I don't think terraforming would be very appropriate for the current state of the world... Once we get a civilization capable of it, we can terraform stuff (I'm looking forward to it actually). For now let's leave other bodies in the solar system as they are. And we have names for both of the moons! Yay!

Is there even a molecule called "Dioxide" ?
It should be a normal Oxygen molecule.

Also, looking how small supply of carbon dioxide we have, that is unwise to do.

I shall say, more volcanism! We always need more magma and more carbon dioxide. At least, we should get 10% carbon dioxide.

It will be hard to keep high, stable levels of CO2 with photosynthesis going on, but alright, you raise them a bit.

I will increase volcanic activity, increasing the supply of CO2 until we have aerobic organisms and also producing more black smokers and islands.

Glad, Dragor?

You raise the CO2 levels a bit, making Dragor happy! You raise a few volcanic isles aswell. Aerobic organisms are already developing.

Also, radiation is an important part of evolution. Mutation and damage to DNA and RNA is always a way of progressing!

Then increase useful radiation by 500% to produce more, viable lifeforms.

Well, not all of the radiation is blocked by the ozone, only the deadly kind, allowing for complex life to develop. You increase the useful radiation, causing more mutations.

Actions

I disagreed with that interpretation and dragons is an awfully narrow domain.

I'll remove it then.  Besides, any species still falls under the sphere of life.

Spoiler: Edit (click to show/hide)

Dormant multi-cellular DNA? I don't think it makes much sense... From where would you get the DNA from? The cells tend to cluster together ald eventually form a single organism over the generations. The metal-bombarded are was lifted up by volcanic activity. You now have a very metal-rich island, full of iron, platinum, iridium and other quite rare metals. You also increase the metal concentration in the seas and life adapts.

Also, radiation is an important part of evolution. Mutation and damage to DNA and RNA is always a way of progressing!

Then increase useful radiation by 500% to produce more, viable lifeforms.

Don't overdo it.

No, overdoing it was my original idea of 1000%.  Besides, we need more competition on the planet, which also helps evolution.

Guess why I made virii.

At this stage, virii may be toxic to further evolution.  Keep their numbers in check, or I may need to do something to continue evolution of higher intelligent beings.  Wait...

Additional Action
Manipulate an organism to have it evolve into a virus-eating, colonial-based multi-cellular organism.

You create the first macro-phages.

Planet: Genesis
Mass: 0.95 Earth masses
Diameter: 11858 km
SMA: 2.4 AU
Atmosphere: Nitrogen (91%), Carbon Dioxide (7%), Oxygen (1%), Other gases (Argon, water vapor etc.) (0.8%), Sulfur dioxide (0.2%), 1.0 ATM
Axis: 28°
Water covering: 60% of the surface, quite unstable climate
Geology: Active, Earth-like
Moons:
Tranquility:
                       Mass: 0.012 Earth masses
                       Diameter: 3446 km
                       SMA: 403 000 km
                       Orbital inclination: 28°
                       Atmosphere: None
                       Geology: Dead
Ignisterra:
                       Mass: 0.007 Earth masses
                       Diameter: 3177 km
                       SMA: 151 000 km
                       Orbital inclination: 87°
                       Atmosphere: None
                       Geology: Volatile, Io-like

Life on this planet was already adapted to the high acidity of the oceans, changing it would only result in extinctions. Life adapted quite easily to the high metal concentration aswell. Some surface drifting colonies of cells from the black smokers evolved into mobile sponge-like organisms.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:19 am »

1. Fiddle with organisms to give them greater oxygen resistance.
2. A few of the poripinnans will develop specialized tissues.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 03, 2012, 07:55:55 am »

The prehistoric oceans were very acidic. The acidity will go down as Carbon levels drop.

However, in order to get a decent athmosphere, and have our creatures do anything usefull at all, we need Co2 to be at least 20%. Most of that is currently hiding in the sea or rocks, So I shall scare it into the air.

> More Volcanism

The Earth tremored, and deep in the oceans black smokers spewed acidic, black smoke. The oxygen molecules hadn't reached this deep into the ocean yet, at least not in large quantities. However, it wouldn't be long. As the Carbon levels began to stagnate and drop, and volcanic ash clouded the sun,  the temperature began to fall. Ice crept over the land and sea, sealing of the organisms in giant underground lakes. Caves collapsed, locking up even more, shielding them from change.

As more and more water become locked up in the ice, sea levels might start to drop. On top of that, the increased albedo might lower temperatures even further.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 03, 2012, 01:06:17 pm »

Dormant multi-cellular DNA?

I meant the ability to specialize the way true mulch-cellular organisms can.  It would be more proto-DNA (double helix of RNA, which should exist at this time)

Actions
>Manipulate an organism to float, through the usage of gas-filled cavities that deflate and inflate, on water currents (for now).  The gas cavities work on the same principle as a submarine, pulling the gas into the upper chambers and filling the bladders with water to sink and expelling the water by pumping the gas into the chambers.
>Manipulate some macrophages to breakdown the cells within the water, but not the cells of the organism that holds them, into digestible materials.  Have them able to attach to the inside of the stomach.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:15:38 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 03, 2012, 06:15:22 pm »

I think that's a bit more complex than we can have at the moment. The most complex organisms around are basically modified sponges.
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 03, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »

I think that's a bit more complex than we can have at the moment. The most complex organisms around are basically modified sponges.

There are Eukaryotes, so this is entirely possible.  Besides, this organism is the first muti-cellular creature with specialized sections (the heart) and a circulatory system on the planet.  Also, what is wrong with more complex organisms?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:35 pm »

Let me remove the understatement.

That is significantly more complex than any critter around so far. It has nothing to draw from for any of its defining traits. We're gods, but we don't create stuff from nowhere.
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2012, 07:14:16 pm »

1)It has nothing to draw from for any of its defining traits.
2)We're gods, but we don't create stuff from nowhere.
1)All inventions began as ideas that were acted upon.
2)I am intervening in the evolution of a species that already exists, I hardly call that 'nowhere.'

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2012, 07:20:19 pm »

Oh boy this looks cool. And Sciency.

Illemine, Goddess of Parasitism and Strength. Unless those are taken.

So what are we arguing about?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26:12 pm »

1)Illemine, Goddess of Parasitism and Strength. Unless those are taken.

So what are we arguing about?

1)There are some poisonous prokaryotes that you can begin work on that fit into your domain

2)The current organism that I have posted.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2012, 07:42:21 pm »

And the viruses, but those seem fairly self-explanaotory.

Now, Poisonous organisms tend to be quite common, and are the primary cause of several diseases. This is because it is not the micro-organism itself that is deadly, but the poison it produces in great quantities and it's otherwise hard-to-noticenesss and relatively benign nature. the creatures then feast on the decaying matter.

If Zanzetkuken makes his organism, fashion a prokaryote to produce a chemical toxic to it. Poison works by undermining integrity of tissue wall between stomach and heart. Then eat it when it dies.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28