Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Why can the omnipotent manage to be incompotent?

The infighting is causing too much trouble.
- 10 (30.3%)
People won't let me do as I please!
- 6 (18.2%)
NPC's are OP, and are ruining my plans.
- 2 (6.1%)
The GM is a bastard, under-powering my actions
- 7 (21.2%)
I have no opinion on this matter.
- 8 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31

Author Topic: THE RETURN OF YOU ALWAYS ROLL FIVE: LONG NAMES. Y'ALL COMPENSATIN FOR SOMETHING?  (Read 68632 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: THE RETURN OF YOU ALWAYS ROLL FIVE. 101% QUOTE PYRAMID FREE
« Reply #375 on: December 31, 2012, 06:06:59 pm »

Because that decides the definition of a species. If we take, say, a several Deinonychus antirrhopus and a few housecats, then by your definition only the housecats would be a species, since only they could possibly procreate due to not being dead. If you say that the Deinonychus antirrhopus are a species, then you can't summon a species, since in that case a species is a taxonomical concept and thus not actually summonable due to the non-physical nature of concepts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2012, 06:10:22 pm »

Because that decides the definition of a species. If we take, say, a several Deinonychus antirrhopus and a few housecats, then by your definition only the housecats would be a species, since only they could possibly procreate due to not being dead. If you say that the Deinonychus antirrhopus are a species, then you can't summon a species, since in that case a species is a taxonomical concept and thus not actually summonable due to the non-physical nature of concepts.
That's one definition of a species, but most include provisions for extinct species.
Of course, species defined in the past have a little problem called evolution. Just look at any anthropological debate--individuals don't all fit neatly into Australopithecus or Homo, or into species within those genuses, because there aren't strong differences. If there were, there would be an individual Australopithecus who gave birth to a whole separate genus, which is ludicrous. TL;DR: Classical concepts of taxonomy don't work well on evolutionary timescales.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 31, 2012, 06:12:50 pm »

On the other hand, going by the first definition, by summoning a few Deinonychus you would make them a species due to them being a group of individual animals able to produce fertile offspring. So by summoning a few of them, you would make a species. So you can summon a species either way.

On the third, stunted, mutated hand, misko27 was quoting a textbook example of Insane Troll Logic back there.

On the fourth hand, which is actually a lobster claw, you totally can summon a location due to it being an object. So the argument was pointless from the very beginning and is only a matter of choosing your words.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 31, 2012, 06:20:33 pm »

On the third, stunted, mutated hand, misko27 was quoting a textbook example of Insane Troll Logic back there.
POINT TO GRYFFINDOR. Wait, this isn't hogwarts, Other job, Uhh- I mean point to Baldman.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 31, 2012, 06:30:11 pm »

SCP 682. Your argument is invalid.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 31, 2012, 08:11:49 pm »

On the fourth hand, which is actually a lobster claw, you totally can summon a location due to it being an object. So the argument was pointless from the very beginning and is only a matter of choosing your words.
Um, locations aren't objects. Chicago, for instance, would be Chicago even if its skyscrapers were leveled and replaced with wood huts, far more than the rubble would be.

SCP 682. Your argument is invalid.
You're not the first to say that...well, not EXACTLY that...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 01, 2013, 02:09:01 pm »

>SEND SHIPS TO COMBAT THE PHALLI AND BESIEGE THEIR HOMEWORLD.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 02, 2013, 12:27:39 am »

>Annihilate the Phallic Barbarians from existence.
Nope.avi. Stop him. Protect empire.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 02, 2013, 12:30:49 am »

"Oh now you show up?" Is what I'm imagining they're saying.

AS IT TURNS OUT, LAST DAY BEFORE SCHOOL IS NOT DAY I SPEND WRITING TURN.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 02, 2013, 06:09:41 am »

>CONTINUE WORKING TO TRACK DOWN SEEDS/SAPLINGS OF PLUMP CAPS, MOON BERRIES, SHEEP TAILS AND MOUSE WEED.
IF SUCCESSFUL, GROW THEM IN THOSE GIANT FUTURISTIC PLANTER-THINGS I BUILT EARLIER.

>MAKE TIME TO TAKE WIFE (AND HER BODYGUARD MR NORRIS) ON SUPER-HAPPY ICE CREAM DATE WITH THE ARESIA AND THEIR WIVES, TO CHEER THEM UP. CONVINCE THEM STUFF ISN'T SO BAD.
INVITE LUIGI AND DAISY, TOO. OH AND MR TINKLES. AND THE DONKEY. AND MY ADVISORS. YOU KNOW WHAT?

>DO THAT, BUT ALSO ANNOUNCE A NATIONWIDE ICECREAM APPRECIATION DAY. MAKE IT AN ANNUAL EVENT.
I MAY NOT BE THE BEST RULER, BUT WHEN THERE'S A PARTY GOIN' DOWN I INVITE ALL MY LOYAL CITIZENS!

>SOURCE SPACE COWS FROM ACROSS GALAXY AND HOUSE THEM IN COMFORTABLE, FREE-RANGE WORK BUILDINGS TO PROVIDE MILK FOR THE ICE-CREAM, MAKING SURE TO PAY THEM FAIRLY IN CURRENCY OR GRASS, WHICHEVER THEY PREFER.
ANIMALS ARE PEOPLE TOO, MOTHERFUCKER.

>ONCE THAT'S DONE, GO ON A SERIOUS DIET. GO JOGGING AND SHIT, TOO. OPEN A BUNCH OF FREE MUNCIPAL GYMS ACROSS THE SUN TO KEEP MY PEOPLE HEALTHY AND HAPPY. AT LEAST A SAUNA'S EASY TO TAKE CARE OF...

>THEN, HAVE THE ARESIA, STANDARD MILITARY AND THE GHOST SQUAD (BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK NOT? HAVE THEY EARNED A VACATION SOMEHOW WHEN I WASN'T WATCHING THEM FAIL MISERABLY AT EVERYTHING?!) TO ARREST THAT GANG CAUSING TROUBLE ON SUN. ANY WHO RESIST ARE LAWFULLY KILLED ON THE SPOT.

>SIEZE THE GANG'S ASSETS AND WEAPONS, AND IF NECESSARY AUCTION THEM OFF TO COVER COSTS OF OBTAINING AFORMENTIONED PLANTS WITHOUT DAMAGING SUN'S ECONOMY

>ONCE GANG IMPRISONED, GIVE FAIR TRIAL AND SENTENCE TO BEING LAUNCHED AT EARTH IN SPECIALIZED, ONE-USE AUTOMATED SPACECRAFT. LIKE THE LAST GANG OF TERRORISTS. SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM NOW.

((Happy New Year, Misko! Sorry ya have to go back to school already. :-\ Eek.))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:11:25 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 24, 2013, 02:18:05 am »

"Oh now you show up?" Is what I'm imagining they're saying.

AS IT TURNS OUT, LAST DAY BEFORE SCHOOL IS NOT DAY I SPEND WRITING TURN.
Please be kind of like Rick Astley.
Never give us up, never let us down, etc.

Please?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:03 am »

FANTASTIC RETURN WITH CYBERMOUSE EMPIRE! TAKE OVER PLUTO! COVER IT IN CHEESE! NAME IT CHEEZIA!!!!!!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:51 pm »

My last Final is tommorrow, actually. Meant to put this up. Global history. Thereofer the next update it tommorrow, sometime after about noon-ish. Oh wait, my internet stops working until like 5-7 ish. So whenever my internet starts working it will be up.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 25, 2013, 08:16:12 pm »

Destroy phalli with dual-wielding ban hammers husk vampire zombie werewolf fully adamantine-clad superdorf skills.
(5vs6)(lol) THEY THROW A CHEESE WHEEL AT YOUR FACE, JAMMING THE BRAIN THROUGH THE SKULL,
Let the Specesia develop.
Use Your Eternal Reward on the Sniper.
Infiltrate his team's base.

(5)THEY DEVELOP GREEN APPENDAGES WITH TENTACLE LIKE-FINGERS. AND GO INTO THE BRONZE AGE. (5vs5)(The die hate the PC's taking advantage of them not being able to fuck you over, appearantly) EVER HEARD OF A RAZOR-BACK? THE GOOD NEWS IS YOUR FAILSTAB TOOK PLACE IN THE ENEMY BASE. IS GOOD TIME TO RUN COWARD.
(5vs5)(Mother of god...)THEY QUICKLY CONVERT TO COMMUNISIM. IN REGULAR MINIMALIST RTD, YOU ANNHILATE PHALLIC BARABARIANS. IN SOVIET REPUBLIC OF PENIS LAND, BARBARIANS ANNIHILATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!
SUMMON Godzilla and Cthulhu.
Have them take out phallic.
Also get human race from any sci fi series.
And SCP 682. For lols.
(5) CTHULU AND GODZILLA SUMMON. THEY LOOK AT EACH OTHER, PAUSE BRIEFLY, AND TACKLE THE SHIT OUT OF EACH OTHER. (4vs3) THEY PAUSE BRIEFLY FROM THEIR EPIC FIGHT TO ANNIHILATE ONE OF THE PHALLIC HELD-WORLDS. THEY THEN CONTINUE. (5) YOU GET THE HUMAN RACE OF HUMANS.(5) HE TAKES ONE LOOK AROUND AND THINKS TO HIMSELF "This is the craziest shit I ever saw."

I'm not a robot, though. And that logic makes no sense...
Ah, I see, you're just being stupid.
(5vs1000) GWG BEATS THE GM AT A GAME OF LOGIC. BEIGN FREE FROM THE LAWS OF LOGIC, GWG SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTS.

Wait. I'm fighting myself who also always rolls five and thus immune to all attacks.

... FUCK.

Roll a six for my next action.

Eliminate past-Corai by sending him back in time!

(5) YOU WILL ROLL SIX.
(5vs5) YOU ROLL SIX, BUT IT TURNS INTO 5.(SUGGESTION. YOU BOTH ALWAYS ROLL 5. PERHAPS FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN ROLL SIX? PERHAPS THE SNIPER?)
>SEND SHIPS TO COMBAT THE PHALLI AND BESIEGE THEIR HOMEWORLD.
(5vs4) RAIDER-BARBARIANS HAVE NO HOMEWORLD! YOU SIEGE A RANDOM PLANET INSTEAD.

(5) EVERYONE HATES YOU RIGHT NOW FOR SOME REASON. DON'T WORRY. NEXT TURN THEY'll ALL BE SIEGING THE MOON AND BLOWING UP SATURN FOR SOME INEXPLICABLE REASON.

>CONTINUE WORKING TO TRACK DOWN SEEDS/SAPLINGS OF PLUMP CAPS, MOON BERRIES, SHEEP TAILS AND MOUSE WEED.
IF SUCCESSFUL, GROW THEM IN THOSE GIANT FUTURISTIC PLANTER-THINGS I BUILT EARLIER.

>MAKE TIME TO TAKE WIFE (AND HER BODYGUARD MR NORRIS) ON SUPER-HAPPY ICE CREAM DATE WITH THE ARESIA AND THEIR WIVES, TO CHEER THEM UP. CONVINCE THEM STUFF ISN'T SO BAD.
INVITE LUIGI AND DAISY, TOO. OH AND MR TINKLES. AND THE DONKEY. AND MY ADVISORS. YOU KNOW WHAT?

>DO THAT, BUT ALSO ANNOUNCE A NATIONWIDE ICECREAM APPRECIATION DAY. MAKE IT AN ANNUAL EVENT.
I MAY NOT BE THE BEST RULER, BUT WHEN THERE'S A PARTY GOIN' DOWN I INVITE ALL MY LOYAL CITIZENS!

>SOURCE SPACE COWS FROM ACROSS GALAXY AND HOUSE THEM IN COMFORTABLE, FREE-RANGE WORK BUILDINGS TO PROVIDE MILK FOR THE ICE-CREAM, MAKING SURE TO PAY THEM FAIRLY IN CURRENCY OR GRASS, WHICHEVER THEY PREFER.
ANIMALS ARE PEOPLE TOO, MOTHERFUCKER.

>ONCE THAT'S DONE, GO ON A SERIOUS DIET. GO JOGGING AND SHIT, TOO. OPEN A BUNCH OF FREE MUNCIPAL GYMS ACROSS THE SUN TO KEEP MY PEOPLE HEALTHY AND HAPPY. AT LEAST A SAUNA'S EASY TO TAKE CARE OF...

>THEN, HAVE THE ARESIA, STANDARD MILITARY AND THE GHOST SQUAD (BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK NOT? HAVE THEY EARNED A VACATION SOMEHOW WHEN I WASN'T WATCHING THEM FAIL MISERABLY AT EVERYTHING?!) TO ARREST THAT GANG CAUSING TROUBLE ON SUN. ANY WHO RESIST ARE LAWFULLY KILLED ON THE SPOT.

>SIEZE THE GANG'S ASSETS AND WEAPONS, AND IF NECESSARY AUCTION THEM OFF TO COVER COSTS OF OBTAINING AFORMENTIONED PLANTS WITHOUT DAMAGING SUN'S ECONOMY

>ONCE GANG IMPRISONED, GIVE FAIR TRIAL AND SENTENCE TO BEING LAUNCHED AT EARTH IN SPECIALIZED, ONE-USE AUTOMATED SPACECRAFT. LIKE THE LAST GANG OF TERRORISTS. SOMEONE ELSE'S PROBLEM NOW.

((Happy New Year, Misko! Sorry ya have to go back to school already. :-\ Eek.))
(5) FUTURISTIC BOOZE FOR EVERYONE. (5) ICE-CREAM IS MADE FORM FUTURISTIC PLANTS. EVERYONE VERY HAPPY. YOU ESPECIALLY SINCE THE PLANTS ARE SO VALUABLE.(5) SURE. YOU ARE GRANTED AN A+ BY THE MMAACD (Maggie Moo's Alliance Against Cow Discrimination). (5) FAT BURNED OFF ALL ACROSS SUN. (1+2+1vs4)(...) IN THEIR DEFENSE, IT WAS A REALLY TOUGH GANG. LIKE THE LCS ACTUALLY.

FANTASTIC RETURN WITH CYBERMOUSE EMPIRE! TAKE OVER PLUTO! COVER IT IN CHEESE! NAME IT CHEEZIA!!!!!!
(5) WERE YOU HERE EARLIER? OH WHO CARES. CHEEZY NAME PLANET MICE EMPIRE FOR YOU.

(1+1) ARESIA HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT TO DO.

(1) THE GHOST DIVISION DOENS'T EITHER.

(1) THE PHALLI ARE FREAKED OUT BY EVERYONE HATING ON THEM, SO THEY PRETEND TO BE STRICKEN BY PLAGUE. THEY PRETEND BY RELEASING A PLAGUE. EVERYONE BELIEVES THEM AS THEY CHOKE. DEATHTOLL IN MILLIONS.

(3+1) LUIGI MANAGES TO BE COMPETENT AT JOB, WITH DAISY'S HELP.

(5) FLEET ESTABLISHES IRON-CLAD CONTROL OVER SECTOR, AND PUSHES DEEP INTO PHALLIC TERRITORY WHIEL THEY ARE DISTRACTED.

(2) THE GANG TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE POLICE'S FAIL BY DOING NOTHING USEFUL.

(4) GWG IS COVERED IN JARATE. (1+1) HOWEVER. THERE AREN'T ANY PYRO'S NEARBY, SO HE ISN'T QUITE SCREWED YET.

(46) KURTULMAK GET'S BORED. HE PASSES OUT OF REALITY TO OBSERVE WHAT EVIL OR CHAOS HE CAN CREATE. HE ZEROS IN ON THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 25, 2013, 08:26:07 pm »

Destroy phalli with dual-wielding ban hammers husk vampire zombie werewolf fully adamantine-clad superdorf skills.
Can't be killed, bro.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31