Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: RL Zombie Apocolypse  (Read 7568 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: RL Zombie Apocolypse
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2012, 12:05:20 pm »

Wait, did we just establish Australia as a safe place to be?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:32 pm »

On the one hand we have zombies.
On the other we have vast temerature variations, dingos, s*p*iders, snakes, and any manner of disease; all of which would love to feast upon your organs.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:12:37 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 12:10:08 pm »

I'll take living with zombies over living in Australia, thanks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 02:44:19 pm »

I'd pick a fight with Charon over living in Australia, thanks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 02:46:29 pm »

Zombies are also doomed to failure by the single fact that their sole method of reproduction is also their main source of food is also their most dangerous predator.
Where else did i read that...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »

No, seriously...dust is like 90% dead skin flakes. AAAAAAHHHH ZOMBIE DUST
Which doesn't explain why a spaceship intended to nuke the sun is covered by almost a solid inch of dust in every compartment when it only had a crew of about 7 people, and all but one of them had been dead for several years, and the survivor was both insane and without skin.

Goddamn, Sunshine was an awful movie.

Wait, did we just establish Australia as a safe place to be?
They do have their own nuclear survival plan.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2012, 06:28:13 pm »

If I may inject srs bsniss in this conversation for a second.....

Seriously, get yo mind out of the gutter! Zombies are not going to be slow, shambling, undead corpses. How the hell is the realistic. Though, since zombies never existed, for all we know they may fly and shoot lasers out of there ass. But zombies are going to be Runners. The most realistic version of a zombie apocalypse I have ever seen was Zombieland. The most likely thing that will happen, is we get mutated rabies or some other diesese, that causes them to go insane, and get a bad case of the nommies. THEY WILL BE ABLE TO RUN(in the most likely scenario) AND THEY WILL BE ALIVE. Thats right, alive. That means that not only headshots, but bodyshots will work to kill or stop them. And, after 2 months to 1 year they will all starve to death anyways. SO the zombie apocalypse would happen, but it would not last forever, or will the dead be slow shambling corpses.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2012, 06:30:07 pm »

Those aren't real zombies, those are just crazy people.  Zombies are undead.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2012, 06:30:30 pm »

Seriously, get yo mind out of the gutter! Zombies are not going to be slow, shambling, undead corpses. How the hell is the realistic. Though, since zombies never existed, for all we know they may fly and shoot lasers out of there ass. But zombies are going to be Runners. The most realistic version of a zombie apocalypse I have ever seen was Zombieland. The most likely thing that will happen, is we get mutated rabies or some other diesese, that causes them to go insane, and get a bad case of the nommies. THEY WILL BE ABLE TO RUN(in the most likely scenario) AND THEY WILL BE ALIVE. Thats right, alive. That means that not only headshots, but bodyshots will work to kill or stop them. And, after 2 months to 1 year they will all starve to death anyways. SO the zombie apocalypse would happen, but it would not last forever, or will the dead be slow shambling corpses.

Not that I do not agree to some degree with you (that even 'dead' zombies may be capable of more than shambling under the correct conditions) but Zombieland?  Where they kill Bill Murrey and smoke pot and ride rides to escape zombies?  Really?

And ragers are not quite zombies... they are like living zombies who by all rights should be doing other survival things.  They are essentially cannibals.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:32:10 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2012, 06:31:47 pm »

Not that I do not agree to some degree with you (that even 'dead' zombies may be capable of more than shambling under the correct conditions) but Zombieland?  Where they kill Bill Murrey and smoke pot and ride rides to escape zombies?  Really?

The movies was shit, but the zombies were the most realistic I have seen

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2012, 06:38:22 pm »

A WEREZOMBIE!
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2012, 06:45:17 pm »

A WEREZOMBIE!
But... they'd all be werezombies?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2012, 11:55:10 am »

I'd assume that the zombies would lack an immune system, else the virus, bacteria, toxin or parasite would come under attack often by the body's own defences, causing the zombie to either be damaged, or it would de-zombify itself over time.
It's perfectly possible for the virus/ parasite to hijack the immunesystem, or just not be detected by it. The immune system isn't perfect. (Though both options were the immune system is still active allow for vaccinations).

But yeah, it's unlikely zombies are ever going to work. It's much easier to just make a mostly passive infection, and having the panicking human handle the spreading it thing.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2012, 12:06:46 pm »

Again, the only REALISTIC sort of zombie is the classic Romero zombie.

There is no disease. No parasite. There is simply the fact that the dead have arisen.

They do not want to eat you. You are not food because they do not need food. They just want to kill you, directly or indirectly, and then you will become one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8