Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: RL Zombie Apocolypse  (Read 7589 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
RL Zombie Apocolypse
« on: November 14, 2012, 01:49:14 pm »

What? How?  Where?  Prepare? Flame war?

If I survived, is ther a stanard set of codes, rules to live by?

What about communication?  HAM frequency?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: RL Zombie Apocolypse
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 01:49:46 pm »

Die

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »

I'd just do whatever I do, and read the inevitable thread that pops up here. Because let's face it, no zombie apocalypse is going to get big enough to pose a real thread to humanity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 01:52:48 pm »

BOAT

BOATBOATBOATBOAT

BOAT

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:53:05 pm »

THEN. ZOMBIE WHALES.

You saw what happened to the guy in the boat in RE4 right!?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:53:11 pm »

I'd just do whatever I do, and read the inevitable thread that pops up here. Because let's face it, no zombie apocalypse is going to get big enough to pose a real thread to humanity.
I dunno....reality TV shows no signs of abating. And unfortunately, they haven't yet made it legal to use shotguns on people who have been zombitized.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 01:54:25 pm »

To repost:

If there's actually a zombie apocalypse, I imagine the cities would empty out pretty fast as people follow the same (flawed) logic, and rush out onto the highways where they get nommed while attempting to escape to the country, achieving not an escape from the crowds that followed them but only from the security forces that could protect them... a countryside which is now full of roaming zombies that had the same idea. If you're already far enough out you might be fine, like in a small town. But then you'll be cut off from information, and you'll likely be ill prepared for the threat.

And the idea of zombies being poisonous if kind of stupid. If the virus was so powerful it could survive a good cooking, everything the zombies ever touched would be infectious. You'd literally have no chance, ever, unless you were immune... and then you could eat the zombies anyway.

But anyway, the most important first task in any zombie apocalypse is getting someone relatively secure, which the city has in abundance, which can be reached without traveling on the now clogged roads.

Then, you need to capture some frickin' zombies, and have enough people to act as lab rats (drawing the short straw) to figure out exactly what's going on and what rules you are operating under. Because if you don't understand what sort of zombie apocalypse you're in, you're dead. It's that simple. And a (smallish) city is most likely to offer the pockets of security and numbers that are likely to result in that knowledge while leaving you alive.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 01:56:50 pm »

Glyph, you are talking America here. Who says the outbreak will be there?
Europe differs alot.
I can only talk about Flanders, wich is basically one big city, but we should keep the location of outbreak in consideration.
LIKE A BOAT. WHAT IF BOAT?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 01:59:18 pm »

Europe differs alot.
I can only talk about Flanders, wich is basically one big city, but we should keep the location of outbreak in consideration.
Sink the boat? preferably out in the deep ocean. Sure, zombies can't drown but lots of little fishies will nibble on them in the meantime and...uhh... hmm. Zombie fish?
Also, saltwater tends to do bad things to unprotected flesh over time. So we'd at least have that.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 02:01:07 pm »

Then we'll have animated skeletons. Huzzah!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 02:02:57 pm »

To make it a reasonable threat, let's just imagine they word like DF zombies and the while world is a terrifying biome, and every bit of everything instantly re-animates upon death?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 02:06:26 pm »

assuming ofc that it doesn't come with all the bugs like DF has, such as zombies never burning to ash ect ect.  Then in that case most large cities would be insanely dangerous, due simply to the massive graveyards in them.  On the other hand you'd only be able to survive if very well fortified with the ability to produce food within your walls... so maybe a large outdoor stadium or something?  Turn the sports field into a large farm and just drop burning logs or something on the hordes once they start to build up.  You'd need a place that was made of concrete and steel ofc though...
Nom nom nom

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 02:07:24 pm »

To make it a reasonable threat, let's just imagine they word like DF zombies and the while world is a terrifying biome, and every bit of everything instantly re-animates upon death?
Then I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

No, seriously...dust is like 90% dead skin flakes. AAAAAAHHHH ZOMBIE DUST

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 02:08:14 pm »

Europe differs alot.
Like all supernatural disasters, zombies have a 95% procent of striking the USA. I suspect it has something to do with the all those alien ships crashing.

If it's on a boat, there's a good chance it'll be over before everyone notices. Zombies aren't exactly the best at staying on board of a ship.

And the idea of zombies being poisonous if kind of stupid. If the virus was so powerful it could survive a good cooking, everything the zombies ever touched would be infectious. You'd literally have no chance, ever, unless you were immune... and then you could eat the zombies anyway.
Actually it's not. The whole thing about zombies suggests them to be a parasite rather than a virus. For one, virusses have no reason to keep their prey alive, and parasites that manipulate humans have already been found (There's a fairly large chance you're actually infected with a few of them).

Also, virusses that are that deadly have been found (and created) and have been Quarantined without problems.

If we take it as a parasite that prefers to stay in the blood (like malaria) it'd quite fit with the whole Zombie mechanics. The deadliness will be determined by the existence of carriers, the time it takes for the virus to incubate and the initial spread.

Death by instant squishy insect mass. Or dust.

I prefer staying on the real track. When we're working with magic, science no longer applies.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 02:09:25 pm »

If every single part of everything dead was coming back to life, we'd be ripped apart by ourselves.  I mean at any point in time there is a lot of dead matter in and on the human body.
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8