Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Faith Betrayed  (Read 39270 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination IC - Planet Fall
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2012, 11:09:36 am »

Lemanov stares briefly at the Hack Shotgun with the corner of his eye before returning his gaze to the Stub Automatic the stallkeeper had in his hands. The pistol was definitely a fine weapon, but he was not exactly interested in carrying different types of ammunition, aside from not being too enthusiastic about having it as a side weapon.

Shotguns had always attracted his attention for being simple, reliable and easy to maintain as well as efficient and prone to hit efficiently at short ranges while retaining some stopping power at medium ranges - a good all-around weapon, sharing his favor with the longlas he had fired during trainings and the bolter weaponry he coveted so much but was away from his grasp as a rookie.

His eyes gleamed once as his finger ran across the surface of the shotgun...Not of the best craftmanship, but it would would prove its worth in the hands of someone used to its tricks. Decision made: it would be his.

Sell Stub Automatic and ammo, buy Hack Shotgun (Common).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:10:17 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2012, 11:41:29 am »

With a thoughtful 'Hmm', Bernant pondered Allion's words.
"A hat, you say? Yes, well. It would be ideal, of course, but it wouldn't do to go spending all our funds on such frivolities. I'm just glad to have something approaching a decent suit! Why, I feel like a new man already."

>Follow Allion around til we head back to the Seer.

>Put my pistol in the concealed holster I bought, which is presumably concealed somewhere on my person.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 19, 2012, 05:27:33 pm »

Purchase the remaining 2 common recaf.
The energetic merchant seems excited to see you as you buy two more packets of recaf for 10 Thrones.

awww I didn't get to spend any money? well If i can: buy a silencer for my pistol.
You purchase a silencer for 50 Thrones from one of the shadier looking merchants and attach it to your stub automatic.

Sell Stub Automatic and ammo, buy Hack Shotgun (Common).
You move the hack shotgun in front of you and the merchant begins laughing about how you are a clever man. He hands you your 1 Throne profit and puts the stub automatic in the hack shotgun's place.

>Put my pistol in the concealed holster I bought, which is presumably concealed somewhere on my person.

Bernant pulls the leg of his trousers up and stuffs his autopistol into the concealed holster.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:20 pm »

Lemanov gives the man a smirk and a nod. "Thank you very much for the business, Sir."

He perks up and stretches before walking around and looking for the rest of the team, already ready to depart. His funds had taken a bit of a shaking, but they had been well-used, as far as he was concerned. One could wonder why he had been sent so ill-equipped for such a task, but his Order believed in thriving against all odds.

In short, if he was not able to get his own funds and make a name for himself almost from scratch, then he did not deserve being part of House Selescan. If he managed to get help from an Adeptus Arbites precint, that would be fine and well, but he was mostly left on his own, unless his Inquisitor spoke well of him to his House.

The word of an Inquisitor was still strong, and if good news from his achievements came to the heads of his House - if ever - he could be gifted with a piece of equipment...One could dream with honored weaponry to best serve the Emperor, as far as he knew, and as long as it did not cloud his main objetive. Spread His Truth wherever he went.

Ready to go when the rest of the team is.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:55 pm »

Argia looks over the goods in the market before setteling on a flak greatcoat, the stub automatic, 30 ammo for het autopistol and the rest of the money goes to buying ammo for the stub. She then sells her flak coat.
buy flak greatcoat, stub auto, 30 auto pistol ammo and any money left for stub ammo. Sell flak coat and put the greatcoat on.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 19, 2012, 07:20:13 pm »

>Go with the party to the market

>Buy a Backpack (Common), Iron Collar, 2 laspistol charge packs, and both Frag Grenades

>Unload and clean the stub auto and try to embellish any existing designs on it (or, if it has none, etch the sigil of the Omnissiah into it), then sell it and it's ammo

>Inquire into the possibility of getting my Mechanicus robe reinforced

>All the while, keep an eye out for any useful scrap or machines in distress
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2012, 08:03:04 pm »

>Buy a Backpack (Common), Iron Collar, 2 laspistol charge packs, and both Frag Grenades

>Unload and clean the stub auto and try to embellish any existing designs on it (or, if it has none, etch the sigil of the Omnissiah into it), then sell it and it's ammo

>Inquire into the possibility of getting my Mechanicus robe reinforced

>All the while, keep an eye out for any useful scrap or machines in distress

You spend one hour etching the sign of the Omnissiah onto the side of the gun while the others are shopping. You make your purchases, causing the merchant to swallow noticeably when you mention wanting an iron collar, and when it is time to pay you offer your stub automatic. The merchant only has to look at the engraving and assumes that the weapon is somehow superior, causing you to gain 10 Thrones in profit. When you inquire, the nervous merchant informs you that he could possibly add minor reinforcement into the robe ((becomes Good armour, 1 AP versus the first attack in any round)) for 150 Thrones.

Argia looks over the goods in the market before settling on a flak greatcoat, the stub automatic, 30 ammo for her autopistol and the rest of the money goes to buying ammo for the stub. She then sells her flak coat.
buy flak greatcoat, stub auto, 30 auto pistol ammo and any money left for stub ammo. Sell flak coat and put the greatcoat on.
You make your purchases, paying 444 Thrones. Despite the greatcoat being a good fit and in good condition, you feel the weight of your possessions weighing you down.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:20:16 pm by NobodyPro »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2012, 08:04:55 pm »

Locate Mira, follow her, admire my new shield.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2012, 09:20:26 pm »

"Come on Bernarnt, lets see what we can find out about the situation on Iocanthos."
>Look for the nearest bar. Listen to the gossip.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 19, 2012, 09:29:35 pm »

"Ah, a capital idea! I'm sure we can find some classy establishment. I only hope the Seer doesn't mind us using his credit..."

>Follow along with Allion, still, and observe the bar and those inside it.

>Ask for a drinks menu.
Booze is Life for Yoink

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 19, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

Quote from: Gamerlord and Yoink
Allion: "Come on Bernant, lets see what we can find out about the situation on Iocanthos."
>Look for the nearest bar. Listen to the gossip.
Bernant: "Ah, a capital idea! I'm sure we can find some classy establishment. I only hope the Seer doesn't mind us using his credit..."
>Follow along with Allion, still, and observe the bar and those inside it.
>Ask for a drinks menu.

The two of you locate a 'bar' though it is more of a wagon with tables, chairs and canvas walls set up around it. There are many patrons within including a group of Ashleen in the corner. Aside from their dyed faces, nothing sets them apart from the others. You take a seat at one of the tables and Bernant asks for a drinks menu. The bartender points to the board behind him.
Quote from: The drinks menu, written in poor Low Gothic
Spitbrew - 10
Rotgut - 10
Amasec - 50
Dreamjuice - 75
You note that you can only buy bottles. Luckily, Bernant has glasses.

As you read, a heavy-set merchant and the energetic recaf salesman take a seat at the table behind you. You listed in.

"...some bother with the Ashleen recently, a few killings and robberies but nothing we haven't seen before."
The heavy merchant takes a swig of his drink and lowers his voice, only Bernant hears what comes next, "There's trouble in the wastes up north, I hear. War clans on the move no-doubt, though they're all muttering about evil spirits and painting their faces... but they're killing each other over something. Safer here in the shadow of the aquila."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 19, 2012, 10:41:40 pm »

"I'll take two bottles of amasec. Do you want anything Bernant?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 19, 2012, 11:04:45 pm »

((Frak, I tried to post earlier and the forums failed. >:())

"Cheery place, isn't it," Bernant murmured idly to his companion as he perused the menu.
'Spitbrew? Rotgut? Neither of those sound terribly delible, but the others are comparitively expensive... Blast.'
He turned towards Allion with a shrug, observing the group of Ashleen patrons from the corner of his eye as he did so.

"Amasec? I suppose... It's a tad pricey, though. Not a terribly grand selection, I'm afraid. Which sounds less deadly to you: Spitbrew or rotgut? There are a couple of other options but they would put rather a large dent in our funds. 'That which does not kill, only serves to make one stronger' or so it's said, but somehow I'm unsure whether these particular brews would stop short of killing us."

>Make light-hearted comments about the drink selection whilst subtly observing those Ashleen fellows.

>Have a glass of whatever's on offer, sip cautiously at it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:49 am »

"I'll take two bottles of amasec. Do you want anything Bernant?"
>Make light-hearted comments about the drink selection whilst subtly observing those Ashleen fellows.

>Have a glass of whatever's on offer, sip cautiously at it.
The bartender brings over two bottles of amasec but Allion realises he only has the thrones for one. (-50 Thrones)

Bernant dips into the Seers Fund and reluctantly buys a bottle of Spitbrew. He pulls a telescopic glass from his pocket and pours himself a drink. It's a poor brew, but not the worst you've had.

Seers Fund is at 75 Thrones.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2012, 01:00:51 am »

-snip, 504 double post-
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:07:03 pm by NobodyPro »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41