Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44

Author Topic: BYOR 11 - Day 6: Game Over. Mafia Wins  (Read 104724 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 2: Take Me To Your Leader
« Reply #375 on: December 06, 2012, 04:45:03 pm »

Very well, then.

MrCelt.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 2: Take Me To Your Leader
« Reply #376 on: December 06, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »

Webadict startled as he left his daydream. He looked quickly down and to the left to find a kid that had probably just poked him only a few seconds ago.

"Mr. Webadict," the child began, "Whatcha doin?"

Webadict looked ahead at nothing in particular. "I'm making sure you kids don't get hurt." He looked down at his watch. Only a few more minutes to go.

"Oh... That sounds boring." The kid ran off. Webadict raised an eyebrow, but spotted a kid that had fallen down not far away. He blew his whistle.

Two children, Tylui and MrCelt, were lying down on the blacktop. It seems as though they just knocked themselves out by running into each other.

"MrCelt, you gonna keep playing?" asked Toaster, as he stood spinning a football, with a few others behind him.

"Kids, I don't think h-"

"Whatever. Let's just play without him." The kids ran off.

Webadict grabbed his walkie-talkie and called up the nurse.

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Dariush -
Deathsword -
Hapah -
Jack A T -
MrCelt - Toaster,
Shakerag -
Toaster -
ToonyMan -
Tylui -
zombie urist -

Not Voting -

1 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

MrCelt has been lynched!

MrCelt was The 99% (mafia).

It is now Night.

MrCelt - The 99%

Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and all other killing roles are dead.

(Auto) The 99%: You appear Town to inspections. Tracks used against you show you targeting the user.
(Mafiakill) Redistribution [target]: If the target is not Town, this action fails. The target is recruited to the mafia. You swap roles. You die.
(Night) Occupy [target]: You block the target.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Night 2: Discredited
« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »

Just a little update, I have everything to start the Day except time. I'll be able to update this by Wednesday. Sorry folks. Just need to make sure I get stuff done for finals.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2012, 10:33:18 pm »

That works for me too since mine end Wednesday.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 13, 2012, 04:07:03 pm »

After the kid was carted off, Webadict took a sit on a nearby bench. He wiped the sweat off his brow, only to notice a kid staring directly at him. The kid was sitting in the sandbox only a few feet from where he was, but he wasn't doing anything. Webadict tried not to let this bother him, but he couldn't help it.

"Hey, kid. Something wrong?"

The kid began playing with the sand some more. Webadict closed his eyes, but quickly opened one to check on the kid again. The kid was staring again.

Webadict got off the bench and walked over to him.

"What's wrong?"

"...Sand..." said the kid softly.

Webadict raised an eyebrow.

"...Not... enough... sand..." the kid managed to sputter out.

Webadict took a look around the box to find that the kid had managed to spell out DARIUSI with most of the sand. He was basically sitting on concrete. Impressive really, for a little kid. Webadict didn't even notice that the kid had run off.

Dariush has been killed!

Dariush was a Spacechem Engineer (town).

Voting System has been changed to Duel!

Players vote for whom they wish to duel. The two or more highest voted players duel. One player is chosen at random to win the duel.

Vote Count
------------------------
Bookthras -
Deathsword -
Hapah -
Jack A T -
Shakerag -
Toaster -
ToonyMan -
Tylui -
zombie urist -

Not Voting - Bookthras, Deathsword, Hapah, Jack A T, Shakerag, Toaster, ToonyMan, Tylui, zombie urist,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Dariush - Spacechem Engineer

Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead. (Mafia, Cult, SK, Lyncher, Assassin and respective Allies and Brothers)

(Auto) Particle Collection: You have an infinite collection of these particles: Protectium (Chemical Symbol - P), Blockogen (Chemical Symbol - B), and Inspecton (Chemical Symbol - I). You may combine two particles/molecules per Phase. This is a free action. Created molecules are stored and can also be combined. In order to use actions, you must have the adequate molecule.
(Night) P2 [target]: You protect the target.
(Night) I3 [target]: You track the target.
(Night) PB2I [target]: You block the target.
(1-Shot) PB3I2 [target]: You kill the target. You regain I2.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:39:48 pm by webadict »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 11 - Day 3: No More Finals
« Reply #380 on: December 13, 2012, 04:20:30 pm »

MOD: Can we get Dariush's role info?

Also Bookthras, was Mr. Celt town too?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 13, 2012, 04:28:28 pm »

Tylui:  Are you even playing any more?

WUBA:  Do we vote for one or two people?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 13, 2012, 04:39:04 pm »

Tylui:  Are you even playing any more?

WUBA:  Do we vote for one or two people?
1 person.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 13, 2012, 04:59:15 pm »

Last final today. Post later tonight.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 13, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »

ToonyMan:
Bookthras, was Mr. Celt town too?

Heh. Why would you say something like that? Did I say he was town? Even remotely implied it? This is just one more instance of you putting words in my mouth I didn't say, like you did several times D2.

Seriously, can you not see the difference between this:
(Auto) Dust For Prints: You learn the number of non-Town players that target you at Night.
(Night) Investigate [target]: You learn whether the target is non-Town or Town.
(1-Shot) Conspire: No one can die during this Phase.
and this?:
(Auto) The 99%: You appear Town to inspections. Tracks used against you show you targeting the user.
(Mafiakill) Redistribution [target]: If the target is not Town, this action fails. The target is recruited to the mafia. You swap roles. You die.
(Night) Occupy [target]: You block the target.
Do both seem equally likely to be scum to you?

This tunneling based on lies of yours is getting increasingly scummy. I wouldn't mind to see you jump into that duel thing. But before we decide that, let's hear from others first.

Jack AT: I think you are MrCelt's buddy. You were careful not to antagonise them, and your pokes at him read more like coaching than suspicion. Then you went out of your way to avoid electing Dariush explicitly because he'd lynch MrCelt. Then "forgot to post" and failed to give even an opinion about Toaster's proposal to lynch him, even though discussion was precisely what you said you wanted from him. Some quotes as background:

Spoiler: Jack on MrCelt (click to show/hide)

On top of that, he has been terse and avoided the spotlight quite successfully, while giving some pearls of activelurking like this:
Ugh.  I wish more people would post.
Followed by:
Fuck, forgot to post anything yesterday.

Questions for you: What is your opinion of ToonyMan's tunneling on me? What alignment do you think Leafsnail actually had? Has Shakerag answered all your questions?

I'd also like to hear more from Deathsword, Tylui, Shakerag and Zombie: please give your top scumpicks with reasons, and ask the others a question.

Wuba: please clarify: if at end of day one player has 4 votes, and three others two votes (none with three votes), is then the duel between all four players, lynchee decided at random? If one player is hammered with five votes and no other player is voted (all others have zero votes), is the lynch decided randomly amongst all players?

...if so, I expect plenty of opportunities for the scum to fuck with the lynch today.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 13, 2012, 05:50:30 pm »

Wuba: please clarify: if at end of day one player has 4 votes, and three others two votes (none with three votes), is then the duel between all four players, lynchee decided at random? If one player is hammered with five votes and no other player is voted (all others have zero votes), is the lynch decided randomly amongst all players?

...if so, I expect plenty of opportunities for the scum to fuck with the lynch today.
Correct. All four people duel it out.

Incorrect. No lynch is performed in the second example.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 13, 2012, 07:45:33 pm »

MOD: Can we get Dariush's role info?
I guess not then, huh?

If my impression is correct then is there only one survivor?  Or only one dead?

Yes.  They're both labeled as part of the mafia faction and the OP has them in red.  I have no reason to doubt their scumitude beyond your deceit.  They even behaved like scum (something you admitted yourself).

This tunneling based on lies of yours is getting increasingly scummy. I wouldn't mind to see you jump into that duel thing. But before we decide that, let's hear from others first.
I don't mind if you're the dueler, no reason to skitter away.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2012, 07:54:01 pm »

Ah I see the role, never mind the first question.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 13, 2012, 08:38:25 pm »

If my impression is correct then is there only one survivor?  Or only one dead?
Somebody better prepare some body bags.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2012, 09:30:57 pm »

ToonyMan:
Yes.  They're both labeled as part of the mafia faction and the OP has them in red.  I have no reason to doubt their scumitude beyond your deceit.  They even behaved like scum (something you admitted yourself).
Right. They're both painted red because they both flipped mafia. If a death-miller existed, do you think he'd be painted green on the OP when he flipped? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? How do you think an actual death-miller would be coloured?

Sure, Leaf behaved scummily D1, but his flip details give reason to doubt his actual alignment was mafia. You are free to disagree, but when you base that disagreement on lies, faulty logic, and wilful ignorance of facts (like, say, implications of the lack of other kills N1), it reads more like an argument a scum would present to defend a bullshit case.

I don't mind if you're the dueler, no reason to skitter away.
Right, but you didn't answer my concerns about your case being based on lies or my questions:
- What prompted your question implying I thought MrCelt was town?
- When did I say I wanted to lynch Leafsnail D2?
- When did I ignore Leaf flipped mafia?
- Is your opinion that the fact Leafsnail didn't claim death-miller D1 means he couldn't be one?

Additional questions: please give your other scum picks with reasons; how do you think the lynch mechanics will impact the day's votes; and state your opinions on scummitude of Shakerag, Toaster and Hapah.

Wuba:
Wuba: please clarify: if at end of day one player has 4 votes, and three others two votes (none with three votes), is then the duel between all four players, lynchee decided at random?
Somebody better prepare some body bags.
Amusing, but please be clear: if one player has four votes and three players have two votes, please state which players duel, how many survive, how many die, and how is the outcome determined?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44