Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: The Chosen Path - Game thread, This inn smells.  (Read 4555 times)

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Chosen Path - Game thread, This inn smells.
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:13:22 am »

The Chosen Path

Welcome to the world of Archaea. A young and untamed world where monsters and beasts rule large swaths of land. It's lands are rich with natural resources and wonders. And the young civilizations of Archaea are hard at work to conquer these untamed wilds for their own intentions, may they be good or bad.

You are a citizen of one of these civilizations, a small country called Analdor. Analdor like most countries of the north is only a few decades old and it's currently focusing most of it's resources on strengthening it's military in order to reinforce the borders, especially towards the Wildlands to the north. The people of Analdor are a kind and robust people and they take great pride in their work of shaping and taming the land. They are also a wildy varied people thanks to the many races and backgrounds it consists out of.

You live far to the north near it's northern borders in a village called Bentham. Where the harvests are bountiful and the livestock grow big and fat thanks the fertile grounds surrounding the village. But it's not without it's dangers.. there is a reason why some people consider living so far north a death sentence. This is because behind the northern borders are the wild-lands, a place where monsters and beasts dwell in thick forests, craggy mountains and it's many caves leading deep underground.
While the village itself is quite safe thanks to the sturdy stockade and the village's militia the fields surrounding the village are vast and once in a while a farmer is found dead, the body mutilated beyond recognition. Despite these dangers you call this place home and are thus currently enjoying a drink at the Thirsty Kobold inn.

The village inn is quite simple, it has a large common room with simple furniture where you will mostly find the locals enjoying their alcoholic drinks in the evening. The most noticeable thing about the room are the stuffed monster heads on one of the walls. Most likely old keepsakes from the innkeepers monster hunting days. There are also stairs leading up to the second floor where all the rooms are, mostly used by traders. And a door behind the counter leading to the back of the inn.
The inn is quite empty at the moment since it's in the middle of the day and most of the village is hard at work, besides you and your friends there is only a group of monster hunters in one of the corners enjoying their various drinks.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:09:05 am by Zarule »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Chosen Path - Game thread, This inn smells.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:24:20 am »

Kyra took another sip from her honeywine drink as she nodded to the waitress after paying her owe. Around her were four others, dressed in the usual country garb - another woman, a metallic man and two fur-folk. An Apothecarist, a Blacksmith, a Hunter and an Artisan of the Cloth, respectively.

"A lonely day we've got here," she said to nobody in particular, until her gaze met the one beside her. "'Tis rare to see a Monster Hunter in these places. Do you think they're aiming for the Wildlands up North?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:30:22 am »

"Beats me. I hope they don't get massacred by the beasts who live there."
Delys shrugs and adds, "I won't mind if they get injured, though. More business for me!" She winks and sips her cup.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:33:09 am »

"And it just has to be the season where nothing much to do is done. The crops are in limbo, the weather isn't doing kindly...Say, there's no law against having anyone move out of this area, is there?"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:43:25 am »

"What's wrong with the weather? My plants are liking it just fine. Not too much sun. Eh... I suppose you can move somewhere else, so long as it's in our proud country, whose name i forgot again. They really aren't interested in a backwater like our's."

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:18:57 am »

"Analdor the name of the county you airhead, it a wonder your house doesn't catch fire more often." muttered the artisan, a Jorougumo called Jacob Gewebe "I wonder if the hunters are after my mother, it not that far from Newtown and a number of bodies have turn up near the caves."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 09:25:18 am »

Delys raises an eyebrow, and very deliberately turns aside, facing away from the rude man. Spider. Thing.  She says into the air as if a passing thought , "It's rather a wonder that eight legged creatures don't trip over their feet. I guess their brains are preoccupied with coordinating their legs, and unavailable for use in, say, manners."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 09:37:38 am »

"Sorry." The man choked out clearly unused to apologizing "working with Clair make one manners take a nosedive" Jacob's eyes flick to said co-worker/apprentice in the corner who was once again turning the air blue because one of the hunters try to cope a feel.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 10:19:52 am »

The innkeeper pipes up in the background "Oi! Keep your hands to yourself, Allard!" He gives the hunter a hard stare "Or I will have a talk with Lydia about your manners."
The hunter, who you assume is Allard, quickly turns pale and quietly returns to his spot in the corner.

"And you!" He points to Clair "You keep that kind of language outside of my establishment or I will have your head on my wall." He then turns his back and resumes his chores leaving a peeved Clair next to Jacob.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:35:03 am »

"You should brighten up and avoid bad influences on your mood, but I see your point." Caern says with a hearty smile, his voice thick and rough but still sounding well-mannered and friendly. He takes his mug filled with an indistinct beverage and drinks from it, apparently unfazed by the contents.

The man checks his thick leather apron for a while for recent signs of damage, his chair creaking slightly as the young man shifts his weight around.

He smiles once more as Clair is dumped near them. "Hello."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 10:41:09 am »

After a quick dope slap to Clair, Jacob turn to Kyra "I agree it rather slow around here at this time of year."

Clair blinked before turning to Caern "Hey metal man"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:46:07 am by scapheap »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:47:49 am »

"I'd better probably ask the Hunters if they need anything...can't pass up a chance of opportunity. Checking their companions." Kyra said, referring to any pack or mount animals they had brought with them.

"I'd be surprised if we'd all head along one path together one day - all of us out from this solitary land. Think about it, I've heard folktales about one true place where we could all have our dreams come true. And they're not just those dreams which go *fluff* in the morning...but those dreams which bind you to fate itself."

She lowered her glass before standing up, "I'll be chatting with them. Try to see if something new could pass the time."

Chat up those Monster Hunters for information - their supplies, any animals, their objectives...why they are here and if they're entertaining companions to aid them - especially any rumors about.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 11:02:06 am »

Yawn and then follow Kyra over to the monster hunters and ask them if any of them happen to be bowmen.

"I wonder if any of them would care to make a little bet."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 11:04:33 am »

Clair blinked before turning to Caern "Hey metal man"

"Caern Ilman, pleased to meet you." the half-golem says with a friendly smile before realizing Kyra is going to talk to the monster hunters.

He downs the contents of his mug with one swig and raises to his full height. "I'll follow you. Some of them may show the wrong kind of interest, and I don't like rude people." he says with a smile, his long-sleeved shirt and the leather gloves he usually wears hiding the nature of his limbs.

Follow Kyra and help her gather information. If any of the hunter tries to get frisky with her, solve the matters diplomatically, mainly by intervention of the innkeeper and possibly a finger-crushing friendly hand-shake.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:08:14 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 11:17:25 am »

Jacob notice half the table has left for the hunters. decide to follow them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:51:22 pm by scapheap »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4