Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The Chosen Path - Game thread, This inn smells.  (Read 4549 times)

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Chosen Path - Game thread, This inn smells.
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 02:09:57 pm »

As the group approaches the four hunters they seem to be getting slightly nervous, probably thinking retribution for Allards groping. The fact that the group has a Jorougumo and man with metal limbs is certainly not helping.

The oldest looking hunter speaks up "Can I help you with something?"

Kyra speaks up first asking why they are here in bentham. At which the hunters seem to relax a little

"I can see why you would ask that, we don't tend to be this far south. We are simply passing through bentham, we are returning to our base up north from a mission in Argyll Forest, A chimera was spotted in Argyll forest and we got hired to eliminate it. We still don't know how it got there, there weren't any reports from the northern border about a beast breaking through.." He seems to get slightly lost in thought at the last few words.

"Oh, where are my manners. Please, take a seat. All of you."

You all take a seat at their table except Caern who is keeping an eye out for any further misbehavior from the hunters... And the fact that there isn't enough room at the table to begin with, it's a small inn.

"Well, most of you" He says to Caern.

"My name is Louden, The guy with the beard next to me is Pierce, the big guy is Samuel and you have met Allard" He says with a squinted eye towards Allard. You all introduce yourselves in return, or at least I hope you all have the manners to introduce yourselves.

Tyr then asks if any of them are bowmen.

"I am quite good with the bow if I do say so myself" Allard says quite haughty. "I once shot a ogre in the eye from half a mile away" At which the bearded Pierce responds with a smile "You mean the time you shat your pants when it threw a boulder right back at you?" "That was a big boulder" Allard responds with slightly red ears.

Kyra then asks if they brought any animal "Companions" as Kyra puts it.

When that question is asked they seem to get slightly nervous again. This time Pierce responds "Well.. we did have this pack yak but we kind of ended up using it as bait to lure the chimera out of it's lair. It did not survive the encounter. What a odd question to ask though, do you have a interest in beasts? We could tell you quite a lot about some of the more.. lethal ones."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:28:49 pm by Zarule »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »

Look at Allard curiously.
"Care to go for a hunt while this lot discuss animals? I'm getting slightly bored watching and my string finger is itching. I'd like to see how good you are with a smaller target then an ogre as well and if your as good at sneaking as you are at shooting, what kind of bow do you use if I might ask?"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:36:11 pm by mesor »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 02:50:21 pm »

"May I ask what a chimera is? I am unfamiliar with them" Jacob asked with a interested look.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 02:53:52 pm »

Look at Allard curiously.
"Care to go for a hunt while this lot discuss animals? I'm getting slightly bored watching and my string finger is itching. I'd like to see how good you are with a smaller target then an ogre as well and if your as good at sneaking as you are at shooting, what kind of bow do you use if I might ask?"

"Hmm.. sure, I got some time to kill" He grabs his gear and walk outside with you. "And I mostly use my recurve bow made out of Fire-oak but I occasionally use a crossbow should the creature we are hunting have a particular tough exterior." He tell you as he strokes his prized bow "What did you have in mind to hunt? You know the area better then me, although I don't imagine a lot of game in these farmlands."

"May I ask what a chimera is? I am unfamiliar with them" Jacob asked with a interested look.

The old hunter answers your question "The chimera is quite a interesting creature. It's body and front head is that of a big lion, it has the head of goat on it's back while its tail takes the form of a giant snake. A very dangerous beast to fight without proper preparation and training." He takes a swig of his ale "It has a lot of ways to kill you, Razor sharp claws, a bite that could take your head off, venomous bites but worse of it all is the goat head. It can cast some foul magic."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:14:51 pm by Zarule »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43:24 pm »

Lead my new friend towards the forest.
"I have a nice hunt in mind.
I'm the only real hunter in the village and over the last few months a pack of wolves has been trying to steal our livestock.
I must have killed 20-25 of them by now but the last few of them are proving a bit more difficult.
If my last count was accurate I have 3 more to kill including the pack leader, but they have stopped coming into the village and without another hunter to back me up I could not risk coming out here after them it would be to easy for 3 wolves to corner me so I've been waiting until somebody suitable skilled showed up to give me a hand. So think you can handle a few wolves?
"

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 04:10:05 pm »

Lead my new friend towards the forest.
"I have a nice hunt in mind.
I'm the only real hunter in the village and over the last few months a pack of wolves has been trying to steal our livestock.
I must have killed 20-25 of them by now but the last few of them are proving a bit more difficult.
If my last count was accurate I have 3 more to kill including the pack leader, but they have stopped coming into the village and without another hunter to back me up I could not risk coming out here after them it would be to easy for 3 wolves to corner me so I've been waiting until somebody suitable skilled showed up to give me a hand. So think you can handle a few wolves?
"

"25 wolves, But you can't handle 3 of them? How did you kill those others then? It's not like wolves hunt alone." He starts to laugh lightly "You story smells a bit fishy there, friend."

"Either way, they are probably ranging from Argyll forest and that is a good 20 miles away. Unless we happen to come across the wolves out in the farms I think we will have to choose other prey to hunt, perhaps something a bit more common in these fields." He says as you exit the village.

He looks up into the sky "How about those crows?" He points out a small flock in the sky.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 04:15:31 pm »

" I did not hunt them at all, they came in to the village and I picked them off one by one over the last several months, killing a wolf from a concealed position on terrain of my own choosing is very different from hunting them in the forest that they know a hell of a lot better then I do, but they stopped coming after I got two on the last attempted raid, I just don't like leaving them in the woods nearby.

Ok but if we're going to hunt something so common maybe we should make it a little more interesting, say whoever gets more kills can claim any one prize they choose from the other?
"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:18:35 pm by mesor »

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 04:36:48 pm »

" I did not hunt them at all, they came in to the village and I picked them off one by one over the last several months, killing a wolf from a concealed position on terrain of my own choosing is very different from hunting them in the forest that they know a hell of a lot better then I do, but they stopped coming after I got two on the last attempted raid, I just don't like leaving them in the woods nearby.

Ok but if we're going to hunt something so common maybe we should make it a little more interesting, say whoever gets more kills can claim any one prize they choose from the other?
"

Allard has quite a big grin on his face as you give your response, considering the village has a stockade and militia. "All right man, I'll take your word for it."

"A bet sounds like fun but how about we just bet 5 crowns? I can't really lose any of my gear, much to important for my work." He is once again stroking his bow, almost petting it. "If you can accept those terms then I am all game for it. How about we meet here again in half an hour? One with the most crows wins. I am sure the farmers will appreciate having less crows in their fields."

((If you accept his terms we will do the rest using PM's))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »

I accept, but don't put much stock in the militia, they have some weapons but very little desire to risk life and limb sadly.

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 05:45:06 pm »

Meet up with the hunter

As you are returning to the meeting spot with the spoils of a successful hunt you see a man limping with a arrow in his knee leg. Could be the arrow that you shot into the distance by accident.
[2] He notices you and the bow over your shoulder and yells "Hey! You! Were you just shooting off arrows you bastard?!" He seems quite angry and is limping as fast as he can towards you.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:46 pm »

Smile politely
"Yes I was, I was cutting down the number of crows around the village, but I'm sure I didn't hit you."

(( That last move was so worth getting a 2 here lol.

Head for higher ground again, leave the crows outside the high ground to attract crows, kill as many as I can

[6][C4] You find a large flock of crows perching on a nearby rooftop! [6][C5+1]The world grows quiet around you and you can only see your prey. You draw 3 arrows from your quiver and the world around you seems to slow down. You fire off the arrows in quick succession and the arrows fly true and fast right into 3 separate crows.

6 Crows
No more turns.

((Well.. That is one hell of way to end it.))

))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:02:34 pm by mesor »

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 06:04:30 pm »

Smile politely
"Yes sir but all of my arrows are accounted for, I was just thinning out the number of crows around the village a little, but I was not the only one."

[5] Oddly enough he seems to believe you. "Must have been that bastard I saw earlier out in the fields, I will have his head for this!" He angrily limps away, probably heading to village physician.

You head to the meeting spot and already see Allard waiting for you, holding 5 dead crows. With a grin you present him your crows, 6 of them.

Allard whistles "That is one more then me, well done." He notices the condition of some of the birds. "Did you try to eat some of them?" He says jokingly making spot of your heritage.

"Well, you earned your coin." He admits grudgingly. "I did not expect to be beaten by a hunter from a village like this." He hands you five 5 crowns.

"I will be heading back to the inn, Hope you will pay for a round of drinks." He says with a laugh as he walks back.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »

Laugh and clap him on the shoulder while returning to the pub, buy us both a drink.
"Well I wish I could say I'm shocked but the better man won, and no I didn't try to eat one, I needed blood to attract more of them so I had to make them bleed a little :). Good job you didn't take my bet or your bow would be going home with me tonight, would your company happen to need any more people? This village is a bit small for me, I could use a job much more exciting then keeping animals from our live stock."

(( Yes!!! Stupid villager..... whew that was close. ))

Zarule

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 04:45:37 am »

As Tyr and Allard leave the inn to do their hunting the old man addresses the rest of the group.

"Do you have any more questions?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 06:27:22 am »

"Is there anything you could think of for us four to aid you in?" Kyra looked at the rest of her friends - minus that Hunter. "We all share the same idea here, right?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4