Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49707 times)

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2012, 02:12:46 pm »

The Skyfire brigade's coat of arms will probably be a picture of a flying dragon breathing fire down at something not pictured in the coat of arms.
Lt_Alfred, You sir earn ten points for coming up with this. The brigade's coat of arm should be this.

@Pan, like I said before, take your time. There's no need to work yourself to death for us.

@AustralianWinter The story is going to be great, but... How in the name of Armok are we going to do this?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 16, 2012, 02:26:50 pm »

The Skyfire brigade's coat of arms will probably be a picture of a flying dragon breathing fire down at something not pictured in the coat of arms.
What's the symbol of our civilization anyways? and do you know the name of our king?

And Pan, what do you think about my suggestion? the one about Alfred recruiting 4 loyalists and starting his own brigade of loyalist soldier, the name would be The swords of (King's name) if you approve of this obviously, you haven't finished your 1 year yet right?

Kings
1  1 the dwarf Kol Chamberflesh (Queen) became a necromancer and ran off. Still alive!
2  38 the dwarf Shem Toolgift (Queen) dead of old age
3  186 the dwarf Lorbam Enjoynets (Queen) dead of old age
4  214 the dwarf Fath Uniontrumpets, dead of old age
5  219 the dwarf Tulon Tradebears, dead of old age
6  231 the dwarf Olin Phrasedhall

Also, the world map, just to show that yes we are in the ass end of nowhere compared to the Mountainhomes. Grimnir was wise to choose this place so far away from their influence, traders and migrants may be let through the lands separating us from the mountainhomes, but a real army is out of the question.

Pan, if you're interested name an image host that's available in China. But it's not that hard to get this and more in Legends Viewer 1.13
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:37:39 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 16, 2012, 02:39:24 pm »

The goblins are not extinct, are they?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 16, 2012, 02:53:45 pm »

The goblins are not extinct, are they?

They aren't. And they are the same group, the Jaundiced Seduction, we fought a blitzkrieg against in worldgen. They are on the almost-island thingy between Hammerscar and the rest of the Syrups of Mortality's mountain halls, easily stopping anyone they want to move between the two.

The humans who came are from a civ on the northern shores of the big lake in the north. They had no wars with anyone, that honor goes to another, even bigger human civ in the southwest, who fought with the same goblins and no less than 3 elven civs.

About these allies: we share a road network with them, they outnumber us 4 to 1, and their lawgiver is a pretty epic vampire:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The elves live east of the northern humans, and had only one war, with yet another human civ even further north. Interestingly, Oddmask had spent some time as a member of that human civ.

Not a clue about kobolds. And who cares, they are vermin.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:00:43 pm by Tirion »
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 16, 2012, 02:59:10 pm »

It's a hell of a god thing we have you Tirion. I have no skill in traversing Legends Mode at all.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 16, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »

The human civ leader really is epic, I thank you Tirion for doing all that work for us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 16, 2012, 04:15:50 pm »

I would like to be Dwarfed in this game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 16, 2012, 06:23:01 pm »

Zanzetkuken - it is noted.

Also, the Sect of Clocks sounds way cool.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 16, 2012, 10:27:43 pm »

Another reason why we shouldn't be pissing that civ off!

No worries, Tirion, I can use a proxy. But that means sometimes, with the proxy off, I might miss stuff, like for this - didn't even realise the image was there till you mentioned it and I turned the proxy on.

I personally use Imgur. It's convenient as heck, multiple uploads, drag and drop, copy and paste from clipboards, and available behind this Great Firewall of China.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:42 pm »

No worries, Tirion, I can use a proxy. But that means sometimes, with the proxy off, I might miss stuff, like for this - didn't even realise the image was there till you mentioned it and I turned the proxy on.

I personally use Imgur. It's convenient as heck, multiple uploads, drag and drop, copy and paste from clipboards, and available behind this Great Firewall of China.

... China? Woah.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:23 pm »

Yep. Imageshack, Youtube and certain human rights aren't what to look for around here. But lovely country, though.  ;D

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:41 pm »

... China? Woah.

Not to be rude, but where did you think he was?

Argh darn... you use image shack  :( Images un-viewable for me here in China.

Edit: So how's the economy in China, Pan?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 16, 2012, 10:38:22 pm »

Yeah, that was actually a bit offensive of me. My apologies; it wasn't my intention to offend anyone. Sorry about that. I was just a bit surprised, apparantly. The media in Denmark doesn't really talk a lot about how things are in China, so I'm probably just ill-informed about how many people from China play Dwarf Fortress. (:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:42:01 pm by AustralianWinter »

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 17, 2012, 12:30:38 am »

Do you think we can import some Giant Platypi?

BronzeAge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 17, 2012, 12:49:54 am »

I personally use Imgur. It's convenient as heck, multiple uploads, drag and drop, copy and paste from clipboards, and available behind this Great Firewall of Hammerscar.
How possible would a giant wall of burning coal be without becoming as wasteful as the mountainhomes? Also, I'm a bit new to the game, how possible is that in general?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35