Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49683 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #315 on: December 16, 2012, 09:48:13 am »

Don't fret. Update is still coming. Been working on it in short bursts between work periods. Now I'm editing.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:07 am »

You plod to the hall of speakers for an on-going discussion about 'Is wine or beer better and why?' and you see a poster on the wall.
"What's the Crown Done For You Lately?"
It pictures peasant dwarfs scrounging around muddy fields and poop pastures, covered in filth while working. Snow beats down on the poor dwarfs.
The picture below it is the nobles prancing about with golden goblets and tables filled with roasts. You notice that one noble looks similar to Pan, but not exactly, so you shrug it off.
You get a since of anger, that life's not fair and it should be, and the Crown has not helped you lately in the least!

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 16, 2012, 11:47:09 am »

You were waddling over to the dining hall to get nice meal when you see a poster on the wall.
"Who would you rather be ruled by? a homicidal maniac? or a noble king?"
On the poster is an image of Brewster ordering the Blackdiamonds to shoot Humans traders carrying goods destined for the Hammerscar people.
On the next Picture you can see Brewster and his BlackDiamonds siting on top of the chests filled with the treasures of Hammerscar, holding it for themselves and not sharing anything with the people of Hammerscar.
You lose your trust in the BlackDiamonds and in Brewster and you feel the urge for a change in the political scene of Hammerscar.

(Please tell me I didn't screw it up and wasn't completely out of context)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 16, 2012, 11:50:29 am »

You did nothing wrong at all Alfred. Well, not in real life. Someone might be pretty angry about the poster, but that's their fictional problems, not ours. (:

If I could draw, I'd try to capture all these damn posters.

The Voting is over: The Revolutionaries NARROWLY defeats the Loyalists with one single little vote.

Results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 11:53:12 am by AustralianWinter »
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 16, 2012, 11:59:39 am »

You did nothing wrong at all Alfred. Well, not in real life. Someone might be pretty angry about the poster, but that's their fictional problems, not ours. (:

If I could draw, I'd try to capture all these damn posters.

The Voting is over: The Revolutionaries NARROWLY defeats the Loyalists with one single little vote.

Results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
CURSES!!!!
Well, atleast we beat the Radicals by a long shot. :3

Edit: So when can I begin my RP? I have a speech ready...
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 16, 2012, 12:01:06 pm »

Doesn't matter. Loyalists are more or less allied with the revolutionaries. Maybe not in the far future, and we both got separate intentions. But for now, it's all about overthrowing the Blackdiamond.

As for the civilians, they are sheep. Anyone not named, are basically just part of the mob that can be swayed easily with a speech, poster, or recent event. Winning them to your side has it's benefits.

Anyway, still editing. Oh, Brewster, rather curious: what is the Blackdiamond coat of arms? And Skyfire, does Skyfire Brigade have one? Or Grimnir's squad?

I'll have the next entry up in an hour or so. Gotta address everything. =\

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 16, 2012, 12:03:21 pm »

Grimnir's Squad would have a Hammer and an Axe crossed - a bit like the Hammer and Sicle, I imagine. Also, could his Squad be named "The Thousand Cuts"? That could be pretty cool.

Also, I'm sorry I haven't made that story thread - I'm still tied up in schoolwork.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2012, 12:19:02 pm »

So long as you're not hurrying me as well. Honestly, there's so much stuff to address, in addition to advancing the plot. If I work fast, it'll just be uninteresting and rushed. And yes, I'll rename your squad.

Also, would you mind editing and moving your latest update after mine? It would be more appropriate, I feel.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2012, 12:20:00 pm »

So long as you're not hurrying me as well. Honestly, there's so much stuff to address, in addition to advancing the plot. If I work fast, it'll just be uninteresting and rushed. And yes, I'll rename your squad.

Also, would you mind editing and moving your latest update after mine? It would be more appropriate, I feel.

Are you thinking about Grimnir's outburst towards Shinn?

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2012, 12:20:43 pm »

The Skyfire brigade's coat of arms will probably be a picture of a flying dragon breathing fire down at something not pictured in the coat of arms.
What's the symbol of our civilization anyways? and do you know the name of our king?

And Pan, what do you think about my suggestion? the one about Alfred recruiting 4 loyalists and starting his own brigade of loyalist soldier, the name would be The swords of (King's name) if you approve of this obviously, you haven't finished your 1 year yet right?

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »

I lost track of the faction/dwarfing list, so I'll be updating it when Pan uploads his save - I'll probably do it along with the story thread.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2012, 12:28:26 pm »

And Pan, what do you think about my suggestion? the one about Alfred recruiting 4 loyalists and starting his own brigade of loyalist soldier, the name would be The swords of (King's name) if you approve of this obviously, you haven't finished your 1 year yet right?

Sorry... I have a tendency to notice a post, leave a reply for later, then forget. This leads me to accidentally ignore people. Anyway, I thought Alfred was undercover? You want him to come out of undercover and make this squad? Or secretly recruit these men? All able-bodied and skilled dwarves are already in the military, so undercover, Alfred wouldn't be able to get too powerful of a squad.

Mhm.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2012, 12:36:21 pm »

Was thinking that some of those new migrants were friends of Lt Alfred and served under his command in some old war and now they were sent so they would help him empower the loyalists, so undercover squad that everyone think is neutral but is actually loyalist.

Sorry if this didn't make sense earlier, I forget to write some very important details every now and then.

EDIT: had to correct some mistakes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 12:38:11 pm by Lt_Alfred »

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2012, 12:37:05 pm »

Sorry... I have a tendency to notice a post, leave a reply for later, then forget. This leads me to accidentally ignore people. Anyway, I thought Alfred was undercover? You want him to come out of undercover and make this squad? Or secretly recruit these men? All able-bodied and skilled dwarves are already in the military, so undercover, Alfred wouldn't be able to get too powerful of a squad.

Mhm.

Will do.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2012, 01:34:26 pm »

2500 words atm. I'll finish it tmrw. Sorry folks. Burned out today.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35