Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49713 times)

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #210 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:03 pm »

Perfectly fine with being a vampire. I only fear that i'll end up being killed via unfriendly fire.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2012, 05:42:38 am »

No issue. I have plans for you, Oddmask. Anyway, writing a journal or whatever on Pan's visit to your cell can help me solidify your character more to your liking. This is encouraged for everyone.  :)

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2012, 08:32:58 am »

Scroll 10

Damn Pan; Armok cast your fury upon him and his. I'm first to admit my weaknesses and I am not skilled in oratory. What does he do? Completes a Hall of Speakers. As I've stated comrades, we must flow as a brook and be able to change with obstacles. So I've hired a professor, seemingly skilled in speech though he comes from our farmers, to work and train with me so I might wield my tongue as well as I do my crossbow. The weeks pass and the days get warmer, I slowly train my words. My professor says my hunting skills must have improved my wit as I am quick on my feet. We do mock-debates and as a fox he teaches me to coyly skirt an answer.

What puzzels me is that Elfenhass ("Elf-hatred") is fine, but Humenhass ("Human-hatred") is appalling to some. I slowly find myself appalled to those who are not against the Crown, elfs, and humans! I pulled another dwarf into our Halls and have him as an aide. I've developed quite the entourage. I have him post scrolls through the halls. The scrolls speak of freedom in Hammerscar, loyalty of dwarfs, with pictures of goblins and elfs killing dwarfs and humans sitting idly by on a hill. I didn't start this political war, I wanted a life of hunting and ease, away from the Crown in Mountainhome, but it's begun, and I intend to win! I can already see the waterwheels churning inside citizens ale-soaked brains.

I send another missive to Pan, requesting a garbage room to be set-up post haste. A 3x3 room with a draw bridge to smash our trash. A single door exit and a lever outside the door to activate the drawbridge. A hole in the roof for us to drop our trash. I inform him of the clutter the Blackdiamond patrol have noticed and the benefits to the fortress. While I'd like to say my intentions are good, I know my ever-improving words will not win a battle 'accidents' do occur and I need a location in-case any traitor needs dealt with.

Comrades, what I write you here, please do not look down upon. I do for the good of the fortress, I do to clean the traitors from Hammerscar, I do for our safety and eventual freedom from the Crown. I do for you, and the Blackdiamond.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2012, 08:59:56 am »

You're walking to get a swig of dwarven wine and you see a poster on the wall.
"Hammerscar - Safety to all Citizens!"
The picture has an archer with the Blackdiamond coat of arms shooting a goblin through the skull.

You get a small sense of safety and the Blackdiamond earns a little of your honor.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2012, 02:06:53 pm »

Journal of Oddmask, date unknown

I've been locked in here for a while now. Ever since I killed whatshisname.. I forgot. Anyways, when he died it made a bunch of people upset with me. After being found out by Brewster he locked me in here. I thought i'd be beaten to death with a large object but it seems that is not the case. Instead they've decided to take advantage of my immortality and lock me up forever. At least I don't have to watch everyone get annihilated by angry goblins, elves and humans. Who knows, maybe they'll find me and end up freeing me.

Next entry: Unknown Date

Something interesting happened to me today. Someone actually came for a visit! He didn't seem terrified of all of me. Then again I am behind bars. He asked about my mask and how I came up with the name. Well I wasn't going anywhere so I told him the story. Before I became a vampire I was just your average holy warrior of Armok. The fortress I was in at the time built a massive temple dedicated to worshiping him. One of the dwarves went crazy and made a mask. It had the shape of a bat and was made out of black bronze. They put it in the temple. I was facinated by such a mask. It was like it called out to me. I took the mask when no one was around. However when I put it on something odd began to happen. I felt stronger, faster, more bloodthirsty. Especially more bloodthirsty.

The mask was cursed, or blessed by Armok I think. It caused me to thirst for his favorite thing. Blood. Might've just been some crazy magic too. I don't really know. But continuing on. I told pan the mask caused me to kill a dwarf and drain him of blood. But since I stole the mask everyone branded me a heretic and exiled me from the fortress. From there I drifted from fortress to fortress sating my bloodlust. I tried to take the mask off but it was impossible. Whenever I tried to resist the urge to feed a voice echoed in my head. It told me to feed so I could become more powerful. If I further resisted i'd get jolts of pain throughout my body. The mask was odd like that. And thats how I finished telling my story to Pan. I wonder if he wanted to see what was behind the mask? Huh. I would too. I don't even know what I look like anymore. I can't remember. And I can't take the mask off. Maybe if I die someone would be able to see my face? Even I could! My soul could.

On another note I wonder if I am going to be free soon? Time will tell. Regardless I have decided for fun that if this "Pan" comes to talk to me again I will be all mysterious and silent-like. I hope it creeps him out at least. The mask likes fear.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:09:28 pm by Masked_Hunter1825 »

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2012, 09:54:24 pm »

lieutenant Alfred's journal, Month Felsite, year unknown

It seems that the elves aren't as smart as you would think, another caravan arrived today, ignoring the massacre that took their bretheren's lives, I saw the caravan while I was at the farms, moments after they entered, a Blackdiamond fired at them repeatedly, he didn't miss a single shot, I watched as the Elves fell to the ground in pain, it was gruesome, They died because they're Elves, everyone hates Elves but that doesn't mean they must be killed, least it wasn't the Humans again, I hope they're as understanding (foolish) as the Elves I must seek out Lord Pan quickly.

Second Entry Month Hematite, Year Unknown

I finally managed to find Lord Pan without his "Bodyguard" he was wearing a Pig Tail cloak as if he was trying to disguise himself, it didn't work, we talked for a good amount of time before we were interrupted so I told him that we would to talk again some day, I sneaked back to the Farms with a grin, I made a new friend.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2012, 02:37:25 am »

Damn Pan; Armok cast your fury upon him and his. I'm first to admit my weaknesses and I am not skilled in oratory. What does he do? Completes a Hall of Speakers.

Actually that's Grimnir's orders, so take it up with him and kiss my sweet ass, Brewster!  ;D (saying this OOC since I'll need to be more respectful IC  :( ) And I'll dwarf your little entourage in their professions.

edit: Oh wait... AW suggested it out of character  :( I guess it is Pan's fault, then. Oh well.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:38:27 am by Pan »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2012, 09:21:06 am »

You're hauling a whip vine plant indoors and you see a poster on the wall.
"Hammerscar - The Future"
The picture has Kacothbobet the relic crown. Above it is the Blackdiamond coat of arms. Below it is picture of the blueprints for a tower Grimnir proposed in the first year of founding.

You think about the old Mountainhome and the new Hammerscar. You're proud of the accomplishments and your part in that. You're excited for the future of Hammerscar and grow more loyal to Hammerscar. You associate some of that with the Blackdiamond.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2012, 09:29:20 am »

Received a pretty nasty armbar today at bjj class. Typing with left arm at the moment. Sorry if my update will be delayed slightly while i sleep it off.. I was gonna upload it today, too...   :'(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:58:22 am by Pan »

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2012, 09:33:10 am »

received a pretty nasty armbar today at bjj class. typing with left arm atm. sorry if my update will be delayed slightly while i sleep it off.. i was gonna upload it toady...   :'(
Poor Pan...
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2012, 09:50:09 am »

If I could do any art, I'd be drawing Brewster's propaganda. Also, we need to build a big Robot called Hammerscar Prime. With magma.

"FREEDOM IS THE SOVEREIGN RIGHT OF ALL HAMMERSCAR!"
"EMBRACE HAMMERSCAR OR DIE!"
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2012, 10:24:29 am »

If I could do any art, I'd be drawing Brewster's propaganda. Also, we need to build a big Robot called Hammerscar Prime. With magma.

Fallout much?

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2012, 10:49:48 am »

Fallout much?

That's an EVIL and BASELESS accusation!
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2012, 11:11:11 am »

Well, if we ever build an orbital magma cannon, it could be shaped as a statue of a dwarf.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2012, 11:23:03 am »

Fallout much?

That's an EVIL and BASELESS accusation!
Riiight You got those quote from Liberty Prime
"Freedom is the sovereign right of every American."
"Embrace democracy, or you will be eradicated."
Those are the REAL quotes.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35