Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49663 times)

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2012, 07:23:23 am »

You failed as leader when you chose to pick the damn embark spot on the edge of the map.  :P We're sitting ducks here!

Damnit! Enough with the edge of the map thing! XD I KNOW!
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2012, 07:32:03 am »

the first siege will wipe us out

pish-posh!
The Blackdiamond! Anything that comes through those doors, or around the corner of the wall will be Swiss cheese!

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2012, 07:35:08 am »

Crossbows are deadly, and no mistake.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2012, 07:36:49 am »

the first siege will wipe us out

pish-posh!
The Blackdiamond! Anything that comes through those doors, or around the corner of the wall will be Swiss cheese!

Unless it's a bronze colossus, an inorganic titan, or an ambush squad of lashers de-cloaking within melee range.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2012, 07:42:37 am »

an ambush squad of lashers de-cloaking within melee range.

Just what I wanted to reply. Curtain wall is definitely going up.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2012, 09:26:42 am »

You failed as leader when you chose to pick the damn embark spot on the edge of the map.  :P We're sitting ducks here!

Damnit! Enough with the edge of the map thing! XD I KNOW!

As if we couldn't just build towards the center of the map.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:04 pm »

Rigoth stared into the oaken mug of dark, stout dwarven ale, the fortress behind him, drinking and eating contentedly. He knew what was going on in the underbelly of the fort, the massive, complex cavern that he called home. He could hear the masons working, the armor smiths tinkering, and he could hear himself thinking, examining his mind. He had seen something he wish he shouldn't have, and someone knew that he had seen it. In the midst of the great hall of Hammerscar, he alone was the one in the corner, the sad, the fearful. The image was seared into his mind, one of spurting blood, one of screams and agony- and one of his friend, whom he had only known in what seemed now like a passing dream. He gulped down the strong brew and leaned back in the microcline chair.

"Rigoth, wake up."
     "Whu-wha-what?"
     "Wake up, it's time to go."
     "Where?"
     "Out. The engravers will be here any minute. Now leave."
Rigoth took leave from the dining hall, his legs moving lazily forwards and backwards in his drunken stupor. Stumbling to the staircase, he took a tumble and landed ass-first a flight down, shaken but miraculously unharmed. Three men he saw in the distance, and he was starting to sober up. Striding forward, he was going to find his way to the bed in this sprawling underground complex.
"Aye, what did he say about the humans?" one of the men, a burly, well-built dwarf in leather said.
"'e said that the men are our allies, n' that they deserve our respect," a shorter, armored dwarf replied.
"That so? Well, let's show him what WE think about that."
In a second, the third dwarf, a trader, was hunched over the brawler's fist as the blow cracked ribs. A second blow from from the sargeant's willow crossbow smashed the traders head against the wall, blood spurting out of the dwarfs mouth from the smack to the jaw. The brawler dragged the half-dead dwarf up against the wall and wailed on him, landing punch after punch, spraying the engraved wall with blood. At the end, the trader, unconscious and nearly dead, was left to die there.
Rigoth ran to him, ripped off a portion of the mans shirt, and wrapped it around his forehead. The two men had left already, presumably off to combat practice. Rigoth took the unconscious dwarf and led him to the bedroom, and laid him down to rest.
At the staircase, a militia guardsmen saw Rigoth take the man with him. Rigoth saw him too.

Risgoth woke up in the bar a few minutes later, the empty mug still in front of him, the hall fully engraved. He could still smell the blood.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2012, 10:43:04 pm »

Scroll 8

I awoke from my slumber well rested. I decided for the good of Hammerscar I would allow a true noble to rule, I would allow Pan to rule. We each have our strengths; I was bred to stalk and ambush, while Pan was bred for nobility life. He should be able to lead the Hammer, while we, the Blackdiamond deliver the scar. I offered one of our comrades to follow and protect Pan, and his first instinct is to spout his royalty words at me. Spitting like an angered cobra about freedom and puppetry. This is why I left leadership, to get away from childish games. I could see Pan the cobra flare out, and knew he'd soon try to wield his fangs. Obviously, comrades, while a large yak could stomp a cobra into the ground, a bite could still be fatal if it lands correctly.

So I did what I had to, I did what the fort needed. It was fight or flight, and so I quickly reminded him of the power we have. I reminded him we are the protection of the fortress, and it would be unfair and unwise to threaten us. My last verbal arrow I would shoot landed true and Pan soon broke. I was done with words and antics. Anything more would come through my actions.

Shortly after the meeting in the Hall I went for a hunt. Nothing clears a mind like the thrill of the hunt. One of Tirion's cage traps actually worked and we caught a filty snatcher sneaking about outside our walls. The Blackdiamond practice on a live target that day!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:39 am »

Nav the Smith's journal

New overseer was chosen, some minor noble named Pan. Just the dwarf we need to repair our relationship with the humans. Bash the elves! But the humans make good allies. Can't go around killing'em. We need that trade to get iron and steel.

I fear Pan is not the one in control. Brewster has gotten too powerful, I will be overseer in a few years, and I sure as hell don't wanna be his puppet. I came to Hammerscar looking for a place where true dwarven honour exists, but this isn't honour. This is savagery! Brewster is hardly more that a bandit chief.

I will forge some special arrows for the Blackdiamond, made of lead more than copper. I will create weak-points in their armour when I repair it. I can weaken the Blackdiamond, it was unwise of Brewster to make an enemy of the blacksmith.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2012, 06:36:56 am »

Tirion's Personal Log

Entry 13

Was thinking about future. Considered asking for Overseer nomination. Good idea overall, opportunity to improve fortress infrastructure, defense. Might also stabilize domestic political landscape, Blackdiamonds unlikely to move against only individual with even more pointy/sharp things at disposal. Theoretical, of course, line of succession getting pretty long. Still, fortress survival ensured by Pan, might live to see results of patience.

OOC: yes, I'd like to take a turn please, if the fortress lives that long.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:18 am »

it was unwise of Brewster to make an enemy of the blacksmith.

OOC: Confused to your RP where Brewster made you an enemy. Easy to understand Pan and now Rigoth... but not Nav the Smith. Sorry, if you could RP that out.

Edit: Guess it's cause not being able to trade iron/steel. I think I get it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:02:48 am by Brewster »

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2012, 07:39:45 am »

Scroll 9

Life went easier when I relinquished my leadership title. My mind was free and clear again. Then I had a thought, the same thought Grimnir once had, a tower! A tower that would show the true strength of Hammerscar and it's resolve. Shortly I sent word to Pan requesting the start of an archer's tower for now, but later through the years it shall rise and be a honored monument through the lands.

I shared my support of Grimnir's ideas and he nodded. I often find these days the air is thick with animosity. Towards what? Towards me? Towards us? I hear whispers from my comrades that many in the fortress were disturbed and disagreed with the slaying of the human merchants. The order was not given for bloodshed! The order was given because whom could have helped us in the Goblin Wars? The humans, and did they? No. They sat on their thrones and let my parents die in that war! The humans could have helped, they could have sent their armies and we wouldn't have lost so many. I wouldn't have been sent to live with my uncle and the hill dwarfs. The order was given as slap in the face to the Crown, We will not follow tradition and the ways of the Crown. We do not follow their command and rules anymore, and I wanted to stir the pot with them. Cause them anguish and pain as I did when the Captain of the Guards himself, came and told me both my parents were dead.

Comrades! Remember, never let your emotions rule you, or you will make a mistake.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2012, 07:49:28 am »

Hammerscar should have a Hall of Speakers. There's a lot of speeches. Grimnir has had three, at least. And Brewster some, too.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2012, 07:54:55 am »

I'll keep all of the above in mind. Archer tower, hall of speakers, and moving to the center of the map.

Update coming in a few hours. I'll DF and RP it to clear my head after hours of university applications.

And jeez, someone go support the poor guy. All Brewster wants is to be loved  :( I was hoping that there would be civilians who condone his actions as necessities and a strict adherence of Grimnir's vision. A well intentioned extremist. But others can view it as a personal lust for vengeance or power. Both are hinted at in Brewster's Scroll 9, I should think. The military should most certainly support him, I would have assumed. (like Gavakis, Nav, Nix)

Oh, is Gavakis into serious RP here? He commands the recruit squad of 10 men. No match for the other two squads (Grimnir and Brewster), but power nonetheless.

And Zombi... who is that trader who got beat up? Not me I hope...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 08:20:53 am by Pan »

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2012, 07:54:37 pm »

I'll keep all of the above in mind. Archer tower, hall of speakers, and moving to the center of the map.
And Zombi... who is that trader who got beat up? Not me I hope...
No. Just some random trader, nobody would touch the overseer, not even the Blackdiamonds.
Might send some message though.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35