Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 500774 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2640 on: October 24, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »

Shame this mod isn't being updated anymore. May it rest in peace, at least for now.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: October 24, 2013, 04:29:46 pm »

Well, if anyone is interested in reviving it, I have a script that can generate stonesense sprites for ponies (and just ponies), based on Eltrion's work on MLF mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.msg4709717#msg4709717 I had very limited success in getting stonesense to work, though.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: October 24, 2013, 04:41:51 pm »

Well, if anyone is interested in reviving it, I have a script that can generate stonesense sprites for ponies (and just ponies), based on Eltrion's work on MLF mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=117374.msg4709717#msg4709717 I had very limited success in getting stonesense to work, though.
Considering I don't know SHIT about modding, and no one else seems to want to step up...

ANSWER THE CALL, MAKLAK.
ACCEPT THOU DESTINY.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: October 24, 2013, 04:57:15 pm »

I might make small patches, but I have nowhere near the level of skill or dedication Lycaeon had. I won't have that much time in near future too.

Oh, and I've just loaded stonesense for my old save from 0.30b. It spat out a bunch of errors and some ponies work, but a lot of them glitch. Some have foal bodies, but adult hair and eyes. The unicorn horns are the colour of their manes, not bodies. Finally some ponies only have bodies, without hair and eyes. I've only spent a few minutes at it, but I see no patterns to those glitches and don't know what I did wrong. I can look up the castes in Dwarf Therapists and look at the xml, but it looks like a failure now.

Besides, even if ponies work, the number of creatures that would need sprites and xml config is staggering, so removing stonsesense altogether was probably a smart move.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Destyvirago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: October 27, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »

A shame this mod is not being worked on, as regular DF is just too plain now. I still play it and love it. I dream of somebody with modding skills reviving this mod once season 4 starts, or maybe Lycaeon will come back. But for the moment I'll have to make do with the latest version.
Say, Maklak, I have seen you post on the other MLP mod treads. Would you recommend any of those for someone that loves this mod?

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: October 28, 2013, 12:50:31 am »

> Say, Maklak, I have seen you post on the other MLP mod treads. Would you recommend any of those for someone that loves this mod?

My knowledge of other mods is limited, I haven't really read their RAWs and I think this mod is the best (only there's too much to learn at first, even for DF veterans).

The Nikodeng's old pony mod is still playable and there were at least 2 community games with it, so it can be fun.

My Little Fortress is what I'm focusing on now. It isn't half as big as FoE and has some bugs, but is the spiritual successor to Nikodeng's old pony mod and has cutie marks and that has to count for something.

Vadiku's mod is nicknamed "pony hell" and I don't touch it. If you like Fortress Defence, it might be for you, otherwise it may be too hard. I don't know.

On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: October 28, 2013, 10:14:36 am »

I don't know about Defense. If I was asked, I'd probably list Masterwork as a source of inspiration, as well as some concepts (like the tiered tissue material system).

I don't really think that Rampage Ed. is THAT hard. Maybe this reputation stems from the fact that it started life as an addon that had ZERG in it, as I've felt that the original was kind of easy (as the ponies had an advantage with their 250K size and strength boost).
...And it's been almost two years since I've started. Man. Time flies.

Also, I wish Lycaeon was back.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: October 28, 2013, 04:31:52 pm »

I will make Fallout mod for the new DF version ASAP, so someone could just make a modmod with ponies for that. It probably would be faster.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TigerHunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: November 02, 2013, 01:07:11 pm »

I don't know anything about MLP, but some things are so weird you just have to try them.

Posters above me, what sort of updates does this mod need? I've been wanting to get into modding and have a surfeit of spare time, if I like this enough I might be willing to do some work on it.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: November 02, 2013, 01:21:15 pm »

> Posters above me, what sort of updates does this mod need? I've been wanting to get into modding and have a surfeit of spare time, if I like this enough I might be willing to do some work on it.

Well, firstly just play it and see if you like it. Secondly read raw/objects/*.txt to get a general feel of how this mod works. You can also try some of the manuals linked in the first post, if you're not up to reading the whole thread. Once you do that, you can consider working on this mod, but in my opinion you'd need to be one of the top modders of bay12 to do as good a job as Lycaeon did.

If you read the last 20 or so pages of this thread, you'll bump into a few suggestions, some of them by me (which includes a poorly tested patch for a shotgun battle saddle). There is also a rather vague post by Lycaeon, describing his plans, which included things like magical energy weapons, crop overhaul, producing healing potions and med-x, chemical plant and some other stuff. I think there were also supposed to be some tweaks to the expedition system.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Zioko345

• Bay Watcher
  • no
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: November 05, 2013, 09:15:06 pm »

What's this? I'm alive? AUGH.
I've been inactive due to reasons. Reasons being stuff. Science-y stuff. Anywho, I returned to see Lycaeon's exit post of sorts. All I can say is that I'm quite saddened by this development. I doubt this mod will end up dying though, as it's simply too superb. I may mess around with a few things, though I really need to train my [MODDING]. It's degenerated to a point of being rusty.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: November 06, 2013, 01:51:18 am »

> Posters above me, what sort of updates does this mod need? I've been wanting to get into modding and have a surfeit of spare time, if I like this enough I might be willing to do some work on it.

Well, firstly just play it and see if you like it. Secondly read raw/objects/*.txt to get a general feel of how this mod works. You can also try some of the manuals linked in the first post, if you're not up to reading the whole thread. Once you do that, you can consider working on this mod, but in my opinion you'd need to be one of the top modders of bay12 to do as good a job as Lycaeon did.

...Not doing it. Would require too much consultation from my brother and I'm too busy. Not doing it.

(I'm giving myself reasons not to do it; I've never even read the story and I don't watch the show, but this mod is dangling in front of me)

I think it may be a good idea to set up a github for this mod, however. Turn it full-open-source style, with all that comes with that. However, I'm not gonna.

If anyone needs help with it, I'm always watching.

always.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: November 07, 2013, 03:41:10 pm »

> Not doing it.
I'm not asking anyone to do it. I have some understanding of how much time, effort and dedication a project of this magnitude requires and it is not my place to impose such an ordeal on anyone. It took me a lot of work just to post feedback and write a few manuals.

> I've never even read the story
The story is quite long and in my opinion the first 6 chapters are great, the next 12 very good and the rest of it is so-so to good. Anyway, the first two or so chapters were animated by Urimas, who also made some MLP sprites for his game. You might want to take a look. I was pretty impressed when I found them. http://urimas.deviantart.com/gallery/31390019

If you want to form an opinion on MLP, I recommend watching the first two episodes. They should be on youtube somewhere, will take an hour of your time and will give you a general understanding of ponies and what the hype is all about.

> I think it may be a good idea to set up a github for this mod, however.
Git works with several maintainers who want to collaborate. With zero maintainers there is no point. Under Lycaeon "tarballs" worked well enough for small submissions, such as the cryo pods, so I don't really see a benefit, even if someone were to step up. (But then I've only ever used SVN and not git or mercurial.)

BTW, Putman, if you're willing to help, please take a look at my shotgun patch. As far as I've tested it, the battle-saddles sometimes jammed (the pony failed to use the interactions), the shots that hit their marks did very little damage and the pellets stayed on the ground instead of evaporating. Maybe you could turn it into something usable? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118893.msg4218316;topicseen#msg4218316 (Or just search this thread for "shotgun".) I'm not just talking about this mod either; working shotguns (or shotgun under-barrels for assault rifles) could benefit several "modern" mods.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: November 07, 2013, 03:48:54 pm »

If you want to form an opinion on MLP, I recommend watching the first two episodes. They should be on youtube somewhere, will take an hour of your time and will give you a general understanding of ponies and what the hype is all about.

I've heard the opposite advice for the most part. I've already watched a couple episodes, don't you worry. Its quality is about what I'd expect from the people running it; I'd watch it if it happened to be on and I watched TV and it was the right channel or nothing good was on (ridiculously common anyway).

Anyway, depending on how itemsyndrome was set up, it could be that the pony went 200 ticks without being able to use the interaction at all. Pellets stayed on the ground because that's just what globs sometimes do, which is very annoying. Shots doing little damage is due to the fact that they have a density half that of water, making them pretty light and without the velocity to make up for it.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: November 12, 2013, 03:39:30 pm »

Still playing...

Does anyone have the raws from the version before the item Syndrome update? I would greatly appreciate if someone could upload those somewhere. Thank you in advance.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 210