Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 227030 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #720 on: December 03, 2012, 04:20:12 am »

So... With all that rumors we may expect that elves will form hunting parties soon. Should be ready

It's not that easy to drop loot and we'll move slower\be less stealthy. As for sending in future we may try but that may run the chest, or we may send it out of our reach.  And let's not mess with past and resulting paradoxes

IMO

1) Equip buckler
2) Drop shovel ( to reduce encumbrance)
3) Obliviously grab the spear
4) Take 10 steel maces
5) take 15 platinum ingots
6) Send the chest in future for a few days
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 03, 2012, 07:31:16 am »

Change "obliviously" to "obviously" and Ukranian's plan has my full support.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 03, 2012, 10:30:14 am »

platinum is quite heavy - if we can't carry as much leave it behind. we can always come back once we have more followers to carry it - sending it into the future by at least a week, and burning the earth might deter treasureseekers and the occasional doomed person.
Also TELL the trees what "happened" - the monster that was summoned from the cursed chest hid it.
threaten them with fire if they told anything else.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 03, 2012, 01:20:21 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You set aside the spear, a buckler, 10 steel maces, and 15 Platinum Bars. Gwendolyn, wearing nothing but a loincloth and two sheathed weapons across her back, grabs a mace in each hand as well. You then focus on the box itself, and throw it as far forward in time as you can. It vanishes in a flash of green light, and you suspect that it wont be back for at least a few days. 1d20 = 10 + 4(Skill) + 1(Perk) + 1(Tattoos) = 16

Turning your attention to the trees you tell them that you, the monster from the chest, have hidden said chest and will burn them all down if they tell anyone. You are unsure if it works or not, but you swear you hear a few stifled giggles in your head. 1d20 = 13 - 3(Untrained Skill) = 10

Gwendolyn laughs at you and explains that only the young and naive take tree rumors seriously in these woods. "Only trust Evergreens. They are credible. This isn't an evergreen forest."

It takes a bit of time to figure out how to carry everything. The Ingots go in your pockets. You can feel your garment strain under their weight. Gwendolyn finds some vines and helps strap the maces that wont fit on your belt onto you back. You leave the shovel behind, and equip the buckler.

You are stronger than the average mortal by far, but all the metal is still enough to weight you down a bit and makes a whole bunch of noise. You clank slowly though the woods, trying your best to remain alert with all the metal on you. From what you can make out of what the trees are saying, they seem to be discussion the latest fashion in Oakworshiped with Gwendolyn, not navigation. A voice in your head informs you that such distraction is a recipe for disaster. It quickly proves to be correct.

Entering a clearing you spot 3 unicorns, not 100 feet away; dove white horses with glistening horns, one male, one female, and a colt. Unicorns don't tolerate mortal intrusion upon their turf, much less visits from evil creatures. You gulp and try your best to remain hidden. Sadly the loud clanking of the maces have already given your position away.

The colt begins to slowly back away and the two adults prepare to charge...

Navigation Roll: 1d20 = 2 + 2(Gwendolyn's Navigation Skill) - 2(You are somewhat encumbered) = 2
Your Stealth Roll: 1d20 = 5 + 4(Skill) + 3(Camoflauge) - 2(Somewhat Encumbered) - 2(Noisy Clanking Metal) = 8
Gwendolyn's Stealth Roll: 1d20 = 6 + 2(Skill) - 2(Freakishly Tall) = 6

"Oh Unicrapbaskets..."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:23:37 pm by Weirdsound »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 03, 2012, 04:57:16 pm »

Let's play to our strengths here.  Command Gwen to take on the female while you send the male's front legs forward in time (hopefully interrupting his charge both fatally and hilariously), then turn on the female and repeat with her head or hindquarters if it hasn't killed your consort yet.  Torment the colt as seems appropriate.

If it turns out the first unicorn has the same immunity to magic your kind (eventually) has, stab it to death with the artefact spear instead.  Rinse and repeat with its kin.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 03, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »

Hey, could we subdue the colt and use it carry some of the stuff back to the tower before we eat it?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:54 pm »

This is pretty sketchy guys, i get the feeling unicorns are pretty tough.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:03 pm »

Well, yeah.  We all know what regular horses can do.  Slap a horn on those bitches and you're in trouble.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 03, 2012, 06:46:07 pm »

Drop anything we can and isn't the shield, then eon manipulate the male's legs away like lituem suggested.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 03, 2012, 06:54:28 pm »

And if possible the female's as well.

If that isn't likely to work then just aim for some part of their torsos.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:58:32 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 03, 2012, 06:57:33 pm »

Drop anything we can and isn't the shield, then eon manipulate the male's legs away like lituem suggested.

Disagree RE dropping the spear. Spear has unknown and possibly useful enchantments that may save us from unicorns. I recommend keeping it.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 03, 2012, 06:59:54 pm »

Not to mention that spears are effective against charging enemies once it is set in the ground.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 03, 2012, 07:06:20 pm »

I actually meant spear. I was thinking that the shield would be undroppable anyway.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 03, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »

Blargh... I have to pull an all nighter tonight and will be at school/recovering from lack of sleep tomorrow. Unless I get a random bout of insomnia tomorrow night, don't expect further updates until Wensday.

Well, yeah.  We all know what regular horses can do.  Slap a horn on those bitches and you're in trouble.

Yeah. These are the toughest things you've gone up against by far, and you are encumbered to boot. There is more than a fair chance that this could be the end for the current character. Don't worry, I have a plan to continue the game if the die say die. (Yay suspense!)

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 03, 2012, 07:16:08 pm »

Drop everything but the shield and spear and try to get the spear set into the ground. Then do the eon manipulation.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 143