Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 227120 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #495 on: November 27, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »

If we built up an army of minions then I'd support fitting our tower with a magma cannon.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 27, 2012, 10:08:24 pm »

We currently have neither the resources, manpower, or connections to even think of truly harnessing magma as an offensive all-purpose weapon.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 27, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »

We have a book, know how to use basic fire spells,and are dabbling in destructive fire magic

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:47 pm »

We would at least need the ability to carve through the earth, if not a team of miners, and *that* is assuming that we can use the very limited magical resources and skills at our disposal to eventually master the ability to pull up vast quantities of molten earth from the ground before it cools to the consistency of... well... half melted rock.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 27, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »

That's why we got tatoos right, even though I would make the bonus a +2 instead of +1

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 27, 2012, 10:46:13 pm »

We would at least need the ability to carve through the earth, if not a team of miners, and *that* is assuming that we can use the very limited magical resources and skills at our disposal to eventually master the ability to pull up vast quantities of molten earth from the ground before it cools to the consistency of... well... half melted rock.
Yeah, I'm not sure how serious he was...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:01 pm »

That's why we got tatoos right, even though I would make the bonus a +2 instead of +1
The +1 bonus is more than fair because of the simple fact it is an all encompassing skill, it provides a bonus to pretty much *all* magical and quasi-magical skills we have engaged in, that's not something to laugh at.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 27, 2012, 11:05:14 pm »

5% is pretty good. It saves us from the worst of failures and increases our chance of the best successes. I think.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 27, 2012, 11:25:41 pm »

Hmm... it seems almost all the proposed actions were shot down so far. If we don't come to a definitive solution I'll pick one I like in a few hours and write before I go to sleep.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 27, 2012, 11:48:19 pm »

Alrighty, if lighting the trees on fire is a bad idea because it would piss the trees off - why not light an elf house on fire? Or three? It'll create plenty of Chaos that we can take advantage of.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 27, 2012, 11:57:40 pm »

could we find a rancher working late and drive them into the forest with dark manipulation illusions, to kill as we wished?

Also, since we are the only remaining entity that remembers night troll culture, we could take this as an opportunity to redefine enchanting as a sacrifice by the soul collector, instead of a dark art. Don't lie about anything, just take a different perspective.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 28, 2012, 12:23:05 am »

The elf houses are made of still living trees.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 28, 2012, 01:12:53 am »

I do think we should stalk the edges of the town, looking for vulnerable folks, and if finding none i suggest we attempt to subtly lure people into our deadly (and figurative) embrace.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 28, 2012, 01:20:22 am »

Who is going to be awake other than guards though?  I think raiding the residential buildings is a better idea because everyone in there will be asleep.

Just sneak into some house, grab someone, then bugger off.  Assuming they don't have any enchanted daggers this shouldn't be able to backfire horribly.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 28, 2012, 02:20:33 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I do think we should stalk the edges of the town, looking for vulnerable folks, and if finding none i suggest we attempt to subtly lure people into our deadly (and figurative) embrace.

You wait for Darkness to set in before hopping up onto the wall and stalking for prey. You skillfully leap from one side of the barrier, to the top, to the other to avoid the eyes of patrolmen. Eventually you spot a young elf standing naked in front of the wall, magicaly coaxing the plants that form it to bathe him in stored water, nectar, and fruit juice.

Encounter Roll: 1d20 = 2 + 4(Skill) + 3(Cameo) = 9

As usual you take inventory of the situation. The elf is clearly unarmed, but he is a plant coaxer; the wall that you are standing on could easily become his weapon.

Suddenly you flinch as a terrible thought enters your head. The plants could easily tell your victim he is being hunted. You creep up on him cautiously, afraid that he will stare in your direction or fire off a spell at any given moment - but no, after a few seconds of careful and lucky sneaking you are right ontop of your target. And un-noticed to boot.

Your Roll: 1d20 = 9 + 3(Cameo) + 4(Skill) = 16
His Roll: 1d20 = 6 + 2(Skill) = 8

Your body tenses up. You have to make a move NOW. The plants could rat you out at any given second.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 143