Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)  (Read 20077 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod (Gauging interest)
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2012, 04:28:00 pm »

I'd love a Pikmin mod!
But make them tiny for the added challenge, none of that Kobold-size bullshit. Pikmin are small, and should be small.

I have a civ of cats which have the same size as vanilla cats, they have their own toothpick weapons and everything.
They win wars and take names on the battlefield, and all I did was make their front paws graspers, so it isn't impossible to play as tiny creatures in a world of giant invasions if game difficulty is a concern.

And besides, Pikmin all are about sacrifice, mass sacrifice, and even more sacrifice.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 05:00:03 pm »

If Pikmin were sized properly, though, they'd be about the size of a dwarf's fingernail.

And I think I prefer the idea of onions as pets rather than workshops, but they ought to be rare and expensive. A fortress that can afford more than one of each is luxuriously rich. If possible, either the production or conversion of seeds should have to take place outside too, for thematic reasons and to make defending them a key aspect.

Additional query, what are yellows going to be immune to? As far as I'm aware, electricity isn't a thing (yet).

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »

If Pikmin were sized properly, though, they'd be about the size of a dwarf's fingernail.
Yeah, but you don't see many Pikmin picking fights with humanoids and winning.
Also, you should definitely make an Omar caste that is never born naturally, just so adventurers can play as him.

Or, if it's possible to make them extremely rare and be the monarchs of the kingdom.  That would be spiffy.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2012, 05:51:53 pm »

Maybe removing everything our scale and replacing it with small stuff would be a good idea. Having trees that are named after types of grass and other plants for example. You'd need to think of what other civs would be appropriate.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2012, 05:55:47 pm »

Maybe removing everything our scale and replacing it with small stuff would be a good idea. Having trees that are named after types of grass and other plants for example. You'd need to think of what other civs would be appropriate.
This was the original plan.
Bulbmin seem the natural choice for an opposing civ.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2012, 05:58:07 pm »

First off, this sound bloody fun!
But anyway, who says you need other civs? The Pikmin planet was infested with nothing but ravenous monsters and the pikmin themselves! (And Hocotations too, but they aren't native.)
Maybe you could make the wildlife consistently attack you, so you don't need enemy civilizations to do so.
Or, alternatively: Anyone remember Bulbmin?

*Edit, Ninja*
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Droid15243Z

• Bay Watcher
  • Where am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2012, 06:09:55 pm »

In pikmin 1 there was a monster that turned them against you (mushrooms instead of flowers). That could lead a civ of infected pikmin (If you go the civ route). You could add evil hoctations as an opposing civ.  :)
I intend to make many mods one day! If only I had more time to learn and my siblings stopped deleting my work whenever I refuse to be blackmailed.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2012, 06:12:58 pm »

Hocatations
[ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:05 pm »

Wait, I just thought of something!
Unless I'm mistaken, you can make creatures of a single caste be the only ones who can obtain certain jobs, right?
Make an Olimin.
Remember how in the bad ending of Pikmin,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You could use something like that for all your important noble esc creatures.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2012, 06:24:18 pm »

Not sure if this is wholly within the realms of possibility, and if it is if and how it would be used depends on how you flavour the in-game Pikmin, but you could include a human/dwarflike Hocatatian society (maybe fluffed as a colony?), and combine their corpses with seeds to make Olimin-style heavies for carrying stuff/serving as fodder/generally serving as slaves to the SUPERIOR PURE PIKMIN RACE.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2012, 10:25:01 pm »

I was planning on including Hoccotate (I can never remember how to spell it and am to lazy to look it up right now) employs as a sterile caste of pikmin with a high level of social ability and agility with little strength (seeing as they can't lift things in game) that would be perfect for positions as nobles.

I have decided to remove EVERYTHING vanilla and start from scratch using the pikmin bestiary. I haven't decided on size yet, but I'm thinking that since everything will be relative to the other creatures in the mod that it won't matter to much unless you're combining mods, and even if you are it will make for some seriously fun gaming.

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2012, 10:38:18 pm »

The Pikmin mod! First of all,
  :P
Ok got that out, now.
Lets get started:
Civs

Some ideas for new creatures..   :P
And Finally, some item ideas  8)
Most of my ideas, if you want more just say the word. If you dont like them, them meh.
P.S what about making them either half or 75% the size of a kobold?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:08:29 pm by Klitri »
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2012, 11:01:19 pm »

In the current situation I'm having Pikmin be the only civilization, but i plan on creating a civilization of evil pikmin (mushmin) based upon a boss that is encountered in the first pikmin game. I may also have Hocotatians be a friendly trading civilization. Also as of now I am having bulbmin be a caste of pikmin that can only be gotten by a special reaction. It's going to take some working, but i want to make them available as citizens, but not appear directly. All creatures listed there will be included.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:29:54 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2012, 06:38:58 am »

First off, this sound bloody fun!
But anyway, who says you need other civs? The Pikmin planet was infested with nothing but ravenous monsters and the pikmin themselves! (And Hocotations too, but they aren't native.)
Maybe you could make the wildlife consistently attack you, so you don't need enemy civilizations to do so.
Or, alternatively: Anyone remember Bulbmin?

*Edit, Ninja*

On this, you could make a civ which is composed of multiple creatures with multiple castes.
So if you need a horde of hive minded "wildlife" just merge everything into one hostile civ and you get Starship Pikmin style sieges.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2012, 10:02:18 am »

In the current situation I'm having Pikmin be the only civilization, but i plan on creating a civilization of evil pikmin (mushmin) based upon a boss that is encountered in the first pikmin game. I may also have Hocotatians be a friendly trading civilization. Also as of now I am having bulbmin be a caste of pikmin that can only be gotten by a special reaction. It's going to take some working, but i want to make them available as citizens, but not appear directly. All creatures listed there will be included.

Oh goodies! I got some more ideas if ya want?
I really like helping out with this but again, if I am not going the right way with the mod just say so :D
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11