Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 230886 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #1335 on: November 29, 2012, 12:21:42 pm »

Actually it would be interesting if before you fight Armok you fight a boss who is a character rush of every PC you recruited in the game.

Essentially meaning the game has 2 boss rush boss fights... sorta (The Boss Boss Rush is actually one boss who keeps adding extra and better attacks by adding bosses to the mass)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 29, 2012, 12:46:30 pm »

1)I have low speed.
2)The AI is never as intelligent as the player.
1) One dump stat does not a balanced character make.
2) A dead character is a dead character is a dead character.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 29, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »

I'll try to make something for myself today. So much to do, so little time ;_;

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 29, 2012, 05:09:23 pm »

It is entirely easy to make resurrection skills and items, you know that Darvi...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 29, 2012, 05:11:20 pm »

Which in no way relates to my point.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 29, 2012, 10:05:19 pm »

1)For one thing, Mr. 'one hit kill' over there,
2)for the other there is no way that the game wouldn't end instantly once I switched sides.
1)I have low speed.
Hm...Give you a move which lowers your speed and attack and such for a higher defense, watch the computer spam it?

1)I have low speed.
1) One dump stat does not a balanced character make.
2) A dead character is a dead character is a dead character.
1. It does if the rest of the stats are fairly in-line with the rest of them.
2. So don't make mind control permanent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 29, 2012, 10:26:22 pm »

What if we have the summon spells/gems discussed earlier instead of actually summoning the forum goer, flashes an artwork of them onscreen and has Ursula do a special attack based on them? Would lower the spritework load sort of.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:35 pm »

I personally think One - Hit Instant KO attacks are bit ridiculous. Delayed ones like DOOM that you can predict / prevent or ridiculous crits (e.g. 500% normal damage) are ok but OHKO's just come off as chintsy - if it gets your beefed char or the one you that was going to carry you for that fight you're boned.

I might try drawing some items for this later. Just some concepts, mind you - obviously it's up to you what you want to put in the game Reudh. :)

EDIT : Had an idea for me as a crappy enemy with 3 subtypes that you see in the early - midgame depending on the flavour, but I'll hide that elsewhere. ;)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:15 am »

I personally think One - Hit Instant KO attacks are bit ridiculous. Delayed ones like DOOM that you can predict / prevent or ridiculous crits (e.g. 500% normal damage) are ok but OHKO's just come off as chintsy - if it gets your beefed char or the one you that was going to carry you for that fight you're boned.

I might try drawing some items for this later. Just some concepts, mind you - obviously it's up to you what you want to put in the game Reudh. :)

EDIT : Had an idea for me as a crappy enemy with 3 subtypes that you see in the early - midgame depending on the flavour, but I'll hide that elsewhere. ;)

The attack for my character is OHKO against the party due to it dealing 1 over the maximum life total of PCs, but by the time you get him, enemies will have more life than that.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 30, 2012, 03:12:37 pm »

One hit KOs that just kill enemies tend to be justified in that they are attacks that do not do damage, or do superficial damage, but rather they just outright kill you.

For example a spell that causes you to fall dead or erasing your parents from time.

Sometimes they even represent overestanding a creatures ability to withstand the forces and just die from the exersion.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 30, 2012, 03:47:22 pm »

Since I'm currently not in the mood to snark at Zanzy, have some links. Yes, I just linked to TvTropes. No, I don't want those "Fuck you"s.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 30, 2012, 04:30:46 pm »

Well played. Well played.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 30, 2012, 04:47:24 pm »

Well played. Well played.

Honestly I sort of like the idea of COMPLETELY exagerating how strong Zanzy is before he joins the party.

Essentially making him a lot like Magnus.

Heck have Zanzy just up and destroy an entire town, survive a nuclear explosion, and even get back up after he was killed by a sure fire method.

Then he joins the party and suddenly he sucks with no real explanation. "Zanzy why you no strong no more?" "I am a PC now". Then just drag him through the mud with how much he sucks now that he is a PC. To the extent that the only equipment he gets is garbage.

Just humiliate him in every sense of the word the second he joins the party.

In otherwords: Pre-party join up TOTAL Villain Sue... an unstoppable killing machine.

After he joins the party: Pathetic loser who can't admit to his short commings making him come off as an even bigger loser. (Maybe lovable loser)

"Guuuys I am still totally awsome I swear!" "You are being pinned down by a cat" "Its heavy" *another character picks it up*... End scene

To add to this he starts at level 1 when he joins you and has an increased chance of contracting the loser status effect (In fact some of his moves will give himself the loser status)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:13:40 pm by Neonivek »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:03 pm »

I was in fact going out of my way to avoid the word Stu because it has so many more connotations than just the wish-fulfilling element.

I mean, several aspects of his character would be completely plausible in the right context. Turning into a dragon? Well he has that dragon mod, so he could be some sort of dragon in game who just happens to take humanoid form because I dunno.
Never changes his armour? If it wasn't because he considers himself to be above other kinds of armour, but because it's the only kind he can wear without wrecking it by transforming, then it would be not a sign of unjustified arrogance, but further characterization.
And so on.

Except for the being an uber-boss bit, that part is nearly impossible to justify.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 111