Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says  (Read 14425 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Roll to Defend Reality-Turn 14: Eh, he says
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:59:22 am »

Roll to Defend Reality

You are newly formed, created just moments ago by the Guardian in his endless war to protect reality. He saw a side path to a small reality fluctuate, a tracer pulse increasing its temporal width by a thousandth of its radius, a sign that it was found by creatures from beyond existence and they would attempt to pass through it to the reality nestled within. He splits off a tiny portion of himself off, and breathing his will into it, and orders it to protect the path and let nothing pass.
As the orb of his will settles to a stop it defines a reality around itself in preparation for the battles to come. Soon after the orb split into six shards, which quickly begin to form into guardians, beings of pure will and unlimited potential, dedicated to preserving reality and existence. Each of you has amazing power, and working together you have to potential to be nearly unstoppable, equal to the epic task you have been set.
But before the story can begin, we must know, who and what are you?
Spoiler: Rolling system (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combat/actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Char Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Reality level (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Health and Willpower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Death (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action modifiers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action limits (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 06:05:53 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:59:55 am »

Current characters:

Dead: None for now

Waitlisted:
Spinal_Taper
Fireiy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:45:42 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Defend Reality-Players needed!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 07:09:19 am »

In i guess.

Spoiler:  My char sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:23:19 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 07:23:38 am »

For the setting: The reality you are all in now is newly created, existing to give you a way to harm and stop beings from beyond existence, just suggest something, and the best suggestion will be picked. Jungle forest works fine as a setting.
Keep in mind that enemies are flavored and influenced by the setting that is picked, as for the most part they have no default shape.

I should also note: You get two abilities as a warrior, or (if you prefer) one level two ability.

Also: In a reality this weak you can easily produce items with you willpower, so you can get things like a bow, clothes, ammo for free. I will assume that your bow is thus better then the default bow that could be made with just your willpower.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 07:27:11 am »

For the setting: The reality you are all in now is newly created, existing to give you a way to harm and stop beings from beyond existence, just suggest something, and the best suggestion will be picked. Jungle forest works fine as a setting.
Keep in mind that enemies are flavored and influenced by the setting that is picked, as for the most part they have no default shape.

I should also note: You get two abilities as a warrior, or (if you prefer) one level two ability.

Also: In a reality this weak you can easily produce items with you willpower, so you can get things like a bow, clothes, ammo for free. I will assume that your bow is thus better then the default bow that could be made with just your willpower.
That would be nice. I'll edit my sheet, and you should edit the OP :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:36:30 am »

Heh. Can we get a squad to the You At Final Boss universe, stat?

-----

Name: Jovian
Race: Superhuman
Class: Warrior (ish)
Subclass: Hero
Abilities: Ferrous Fists*, Superior Strength
Item: Girdle of Gravity (control)
Suggested Setting: Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

*His fists aren't literally iron, but they're strong and tough. Same with the rest of the body, just not as noticeable because he only punches with his hands.

Ninja'd ×3!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 04:45:36 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 07:39:03 am »

That would be nice. I'll edit my sheet, and you should edit the OP :P
Ah, most of that was already in the OP (well, everything but the exact details on the setting), but edited most of it to be a bit clearer.

Added a big chunk in to define the setting and reality levels better.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:56:46 am by lemon10 »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:23:01 am »

Spoiler: Ssrah (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:27:22 am by V-Norrec »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 08:35:15 am »

I'm just going to call you glados if you dont fill in a name greatwyrm.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2012, 08:41:18 am »

Oops.
He now has a superheroic name!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2012, 08:52:20 am »

That's not quite what I meant by attribute, I suppose I should have used the word trait.
If you want to focus near exclusively on poison you should probably have a Poison Sorceress as your subclass (restrictions are both that you use up energy as you cast, and that you cast non-poison spells badly if at all).
However, if you want a simple bonus to poison magic (not a whole +1 though, something smaller), or poison immunity both would fit under poison.

A few more general examples would be: Reality Warper (reality level counts as 10 points lower for reality altering actions), intuitive grasp (intuitively recognize the local physical and metaphysical laws), Metamagical (reality counts as 10 points lower for all metareality spellcasts), Splitclass (suffer less penalty for out of school spells)

I will also note that every restriction makes you quite a bit stronger, if you restricted yourself to simply poison spells you will be a much more dangerous with poison spells (at the expense of being able to everything else terribly if you ever do try to cast them).

Drats, someone else noticed. There go my plans for calling him a different random name every turn.

EDIT: I edited the character sheet to include a magical school choice for mages, the fewer you pick the stronger you will be in the chosen schools. One or two is a good number (the broader the less powerful you are with any specific spells, so picking necromancy+fire magic+rune magic would result in weaker spells, but would allow you a broad range of spell options to choose from).
If you just pick poison magic you will be very strong with them since it is quite a narrow category.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:59:44 am by lemon10 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 09:00:48 am »

Drats, someone else noticed. There go my plans for calling him a different random name every turn.
I could remove the name if you wanted.
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:40 am »

Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:11:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2012, 09:57:49 am »

Updated.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2012, 10:07:51 am »

Still accepting? Requesting In.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19