Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 62

Author Topic: Corneroids  (Read 108445 times)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Re: Corneroids
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2012, 06:07:29 pm »

There was a blog post on the site today.

IF WE, MEMBERS OF THE 12th BAY, CAN BRING THIS GAME TO GLORY, SO BE IT!
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2012, 06:11:24 pm »

If I remember/feel like it, i'll try this game out tomorrow, it looks pretty cool.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2012, 07:28:17 pm »

I think next time I won't try and make a small frigate out of a titanium structure and a heavy thulium armor layer, especially on a map that has only one 'roid with any heavy rock and only 2 with medium rock.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2012, 08:36:35 pm »

I found a good roid with a bit of heavy rock, and began using my Thulium Chaingun to go mining - because who really wants to dig all that Heavy Rock?  Been mostly collecting resources so far, not built anything aside from better drills and better gun.  Worth noting that this good roid has 30,000 tons, the 10,000 were hollow and cheap.

Isn't the map infinite?  I believe you can just strap a large rocket onto a single block and throw yourself across the galaxy to find new roids.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2012, 08:40:47 pm »

Isn't the map infinite?  I believe you can just strap a large rocket onto a single block and throw yourself across the galaxy to find new roids.

Given that the maximum speed is 20.0 meters a second, the map is pretty much functionally infinite. Something like... 2.2 million kilometres across? Definitively large enough to contain more titanium and thulium.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46:36 pm »

a nice way to mine is to just blast the asteroid with ship cannons. saves you some time if you want to get materials quickly

also, im not sure about infinite space. there might be problems with going out too far, but you never know

also:
Chef Anon's repack for noobs:
http://www.mediafire.com/?g5nbqaj1inn8u97

Chef Anon's DarthNox Rebalance v5:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vsp7d5ko68h6y9e

first one is the whole game, complete with v4 updates courtesy of Chef Anon. if you have all the necessary stuff installed, just unpack and run.
second one is another update that lets you craft some stuff out of light/med/heavy rocks

both are compatible with your save files, so nothing should break. too badly...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:06:40 pm by azurelao »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 08:04:57 am »

I don't know if we suceeded or what, but this was postet on the website:

Hello! It is great to hear that so many people have enjoyed the game so far! The latest version of Corneroids was finished to meet the deadline of Assembly 2012 GameDev competition which means that many gameplay features were done in few weeks. But dont worry, the developement is doing great even though I haven't been able to update these websites in a looooong time! In next few patches I'm going to concentrate on improving gameplay elements, for example crafting system is getting reworked completely. I'm also planning to release a some kind of multiplayer mode before the end of this year.

Forsaken, get on it! :)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2012, 08:46:53 am »

Getting Multiplayer working from the get-go, this guy knows what he's doing.  This game really seems like the sort to encourage teamwork and... less than teamwork.  Pilot + gunner is good co-op.  Pilot vs. pilot is good... not-teamwork.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2012, 10:55:40 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/?lthy8vw0qx5cspc
new user-made update.
readme is in the .zip

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2012, 11:15:27 am »

I really have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I planted the initial machines and then goofed off shooting the purple squids and that's still the thing I'm going. What do I do from here? I've already mined out a bunch of passages through the asteroid, and I have some of the black ore. No idea what else I do.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2012, 11:19:55 am »

Grab items, take them out of your hotbar and into the inventory.  Hit 'e' towards a machine and start crafting.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2012, 12:51:34 pm »

Yeah, I kind of figured out how to make ships, but the required thrust/weight is kind of difficult to achieve. I'd assigned 4 of the lowest thrust engines to each turning direction, and even just trying to move the power network on its own, it barely even moved. As in, I could not see it accelerating at all. Forwards was a little better, but useless because I built it facing the asteroid.

Do I just have to build a big monstrosity of engines and batteries until I find the rarer materials or are the higher tier materials actually available earlier?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2012, 01:21:20 pm »

Space ships are slow and ponderous.  This is most definitely intended.  Controlling your inertia is of dire importance.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2012, 02:25:06 pm »

Hm, this game is pretty awesome, I just finished an array of engines for my first big ship, 12 of the weakest engines and 1 standard one.
I'll update you guys on my progress and maybe throw a picture in later, i'll have plenty time to do this tomorrow when the Hypercane of Burning Snow hits Vermont tomorrow.

EDIT: Just started working on turning and some armor.

EDIT 2: Most of the body is done, i'm going to add in a bunch of powerful boosters as a brake system. I have 4 weak engines on each side for turning, and 3 for up/down turning. Alot of my ship is covered in medium plates, resulting in a hefty 47 ton beast.
To do: Control room, guns, armor the main engines. etc.

EDIT 3: Programing it now!, So excited. Don't have guns thrown on yet, will work on it. I'll let yall know how she flies!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:35:20 pm by Facekillz058 »
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2012, 02:32:50 pm »

I hope this will get Mac support. This game seems awesome.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 62