Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556578 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10050 on: August 12, 2014, 03:51:12 pm »

I swear I met you in that form at some point, either that or I am mixing up months of meta knowledge. =/

Well then...

"Morton, my-erst while servant is a spiritually inhabited desk at the moment, but it has not one bit lessened his optimism and dedication to politeness. I do hope very dearly that he is not part of this same quest? I would be gravely injured if this was so.
As for the others...No...I have not heard of such things.

Make my leave and warn Morton.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:53:42 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: August 13, 2014, 09:54:44 am »

[The Whipman cometh. Also, technically we don't actually know what the Whipman's quest is in relation to those four. It may be peaceful. I just, well, sort of doubt it.]

Morton gave the tower an appraising gaze before finally settling on the steel door, giving it a good look over. "They most certainly value their security, but I suppose one shouldn't blame them. As important officials have bodyguards, I've no doubt a door of such construction is sadly a necessity." Morton commented, before a wispy brown arm extended from his floating frame, latching onto the doorknocker and giving it a swift three knocks.

Use the doorknocker, wait patiently. Should a reasonable amount of time pass without notice, attempt again a second time
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:56:36 am by Xanmyral »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: August 15, 2014, 09:47:10 pm »

Pat the ghosts hands. Slowly try and move forward out of the hug.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: August 16, 2014, 07:35:56 am »

In a spidery labyrinth...

Kevin, not-so-secretly terrified of both large numbers of giant spiders and dangerous quakes, decides to move out of the labyrinth as quickly and screamingly as possible, which he succeeds at wonderfully, plunging out onto the rocky outcrop.

An unfortunate side effect of this seems to be that the spiders have heard him, are currently skittering right after to investigate and find the flesh that seems to be disturbing the peace so terribly. Kevin guesses the obvious thing to do here is to try and swim - he doesn't think it should be difficult at all, considering he's still got functioning arms. One might point out that he doesn't have functioning legs, however, but that's just needlessly negative thinking.

In a shaped, partly collapsed chamber deep underground...

Sigmund has a clever thought. When facing rubble, the best idea is no doubt to deflect it off to the side. Having no idea how that could possibly backfire, he tries to shape his presence conically to divert the rubble away.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 1]

In a slight lapse of concentration as he tries to figure out the exact shape and dimensions of the cone needed to not be crushed underneath the rubble, he accidentally withdraws his pillar of presence, from above, and the rubble falls toward him.

[Sigmund's reaction roll: 2]
[Sigmund's endurance roll: 5]

He is buried underneath around 50 tons of rubble momentarily, though his box, to its credit, is largely unharmed by this. The rubble seems to have filled the chamber entirely, covering the few gnomes still within and presumably squishing them dead, and more of it seems to be collecting atop Sigmund at this very moment, making for an unpleasant pressure on his box.

In a kitchen of Castle Fenton...

Following the maid's advice, Niklas tries to do his work once more, placing a hand on the ham and then beginning to cut it.

[Niklas' culinary dark arts roll: 6+1]

It turns out that having a dull knife does wonders for ones creative drive, as Niklas discovers, having cut the ham into a visage so hideous and decorated it with the knife and fork so unthinkably, even he wishes to look away as he considers it. He shows his handiwork to the maid, who looks at it for a moment.

"That looks... artistic. And somewhat appetizing, disturbingly enough," she comments, then looks at Niklas. "Does it, erm, signify anything?"

In Eckledun's Black Tower...

Scott, after informing these rogues that he don't know nuthin', quickly disappears through the nearby wall before anyone can say another word, finding himself back in the air once more. He knows immediately that he should warn his friends, but then realizes that he doesn't see them anywhere around here. A quick check of the inn they went inside of reveals nothing of interest as well. You know, aside from a crab-headed innkeeper.

Outside Eckledun's Black Tower...

Morton, after regarding the door, thinks of what a door may say of its owner - this door in particular speaks of importance, he thinks.

"They most certainly value their security, but I suppose one shouldn't blame them. As important officials have bodyguards, I've no doubt a door of such construction is sadly a necessity," he says, giving the door three knocks with doorknocker, and suddenly both he and Craig find themselves... elsewhere. A waiting room of sorts, where two mages seem to be sitting, drinking what looks like tea. Ah! Connoisseurs of the drink, maybe? They both raise their eyes to look at the new arrivals - one is a middle-aged, good-looking woman in a dark blue robe, one is a young man in a reddish robe. Both look a tad enchanted at the sight of the two new arrivals.

"My, you seem like unusual people," the woman remarks.

"Er, if both of you are people, that is. Wouldn't want to make assumptions," the young man remarks, and the woman gives him a sharp look.

In an empty room...

Darren, not sure he wants his hugs to be quite eternal, pats his ghostly friend's hands, and begins to move forward, only for the ghost to move forward with him, their movements synched. On one hand, that's a bit strange. On the other, this ghostly fellow doesn't seem to really inconvenience him in any way aside from the obvious social kind, or particularly inhibit his movements.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: August 16, 2014, 07:51:03 am »

Assume they have gone to the tower and meet them at the door
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: August 16, 2014, 08:39:55 am »

Grab a spider, jump into the water, use a spider as a lifebuoy.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: August 16, 2014, 10:20:03 am »

And the bad luck finally happened.

At least Sigmund knows how to remove rock from above him. Do that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: August 16, 2014, 05:01:44 pm »

I don't think so. It's just a mindset.
Do you happen to have any paper and recording things? I want to draw this before I devour it to boost my courage.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: August 17, 2014, 03:46:49 am »

I don't think so. It's just a mindset.
Do you happen to have any paper and recording things? I want to draw this before I devour it to boost my courage.

"Actually, I do."

She hands you a small sheet of paper with a few quick notes made on one side and a sharpened piece of coal wrapped in a handkerchief, both retrieved from one of her many pockets.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: August 17, 2014, 03:58:39 am »

Draw said horrible visage!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: August 17, 2014, 04:02:17 am »

Draw said horrible visage!

You draw a fairly accurate representation, although it does suffer a bit in the transition, losing some undefinable quality in its horrible nature, and becoming very mildly less fearsome in two dimensions. A limit of the medium, you suppose.

"You seem to have many talents," the maid comments. "Can you... do any magic, if I may ask?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: August 17, 2014, 11:07:15 am »

Not yet, unfortunately. It takes many years to master the simplest spells, apparently. Or it could be my teacher does not trust me.

Does this place have a blacksmith?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:10 am »

Not yet, unfortunately. It takes many years to master the simplest spells, apparently. Or it could be my teacher does not trust me.

Does this place have a blacksmith?

"Of course. What kind of third-rate castle wouldn't have a blacksmith?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: August 17, 2014, 11:14:26 am »

Extremely third rate castles. Could you lead me there?

Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: August 17, 2014, 11:42:42 am »

Extremely third rate castles. Could you lead me there?

"Certainly. Shall we go right now, or would you like to eat your breakfast first?"
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 719