Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556571 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10035 on: August 10, 2014, 12:07:43 pm »

"Meat and dairy products, as well as a big fork and knife."

"Very well, follow me."

She leads you over to a small kitchen, where she presents you with a ham and some fresh milk to drink with it, plus a fork and a knife. Neither of the pieces of cutlery are very big, however.

"You never know when something may grow tiresome...
However, I see you only answered two of my questions...I assume they were the ones you could only answer positively? Is there an reason for this?"

"Well, obviously I can't give you a map of the tower. That's privileged information. And besides, nobody really maps modular magical towers these days. Teleportation beacons as needed work far better. As for the town, I just don't have a map to give you. We phased out such materials with the advancement of divination as the informative method of choice. I simply chose not to waste your time with negative answers."

Just as you are about to reply, the man, seemingly calmer now, looks at you and speaks, having brandished a metallic swordwhip coated in hideous fluids of uncertain origin.

"Excuse me, sir, but I can't help but notice that you seem to be an ectoplasmic blob of some sort, if you'll pardon the bluntness. Am I to understand that you're the victim of a terrible curse of some kind? Perhaps a punishment by a user of magic? Have you fallen prey to any mythical beasts in the woods, mayhap? I suppose what I'm asking is, is there an interesting, monster or magic-related reason why you're an ectoplasmic blob?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: August 10, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

((Ha, the Whip-man is not near me! I'm safe!))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: August 10, 2014, 12:31:01 pm »

[Welp. Scott, stay safe.]

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: August 10, 2014, 10:25:08 pm »

Ah, a challenge! Good, I haven't cooked in a while.

"Thank you."

Cut the ham into the visage of a terrifying monster using my knife, and use the knife and fork provided as decoration.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: August 11, 2014, 01:16:15 am »

"I was cut down...literally... whilst hunting giant crab. After freeing myself from the remains of my body I later lost control of my latent pyrokinetic powers.
Nice whip by the way...seems well used. You must be very doting to have have it survive after such apparent heavy use.
"
Involuntary shudder.*
Turns to the lady.
"And what is your response to the charge of creating a creature against a laws of nature that is currently seeking to assend into godhood?
I am not here to judge...I may sound a bit terse since my master, who I am unfortunately bonded to, is currently held captive by the thing...it wants to 'learn' from wizards, so we are tasked with...collecting them."
Scott tries to sound as melancholy as possible
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:21:35 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: August 12, 2014, 06:42:21 am »

In a dark, spherical underground chamber...

Sigmund goes ahead and attempts to make progress in a slow and steady fashion, figuring he should be able to get out of here sooner or later. After all, he's got time.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 6]

He casually worms his influence upward, slicing deeply into the stone above, and when he's made decent progress, he spontaneously widens it, the stone almost doesn't know what to do with itself! The whole surrounding area begins to quake as the moved stone displaces other stone, and that in turn moves other stone, and a sort of domino effect ensues - Sigmund can hear ceilings begin to cave in around him, walls crumble, wild clicking emanating from newly-opened holes in walls, and, as he soon discovers, a rather sizable amount of rubble collapsing down on his extended presence. It's not difficult to hold it up, strictly speaking, but it definitely leaves him with fewer options of what to do from here on in, given that if he stops extending his presence that way, he's going to find out firsthand what it feels like to have 20 tons of rubble fall on him from a great height.

Within the Purging Crab...

Morton, after bringing the preparation of exquisite tea to a stylish conclusion at the cooking fire, moves to the innkeeper and Tailor Craig, and offers some tribute for allowing him patronage of this fine establishment as soon as the conversation (or at least what Morton can make out of it) comes to a lull.

"A gift for graciously allowing us to use your cooking fire, I do hope you enjoy it, good sir innkeeper. You may keep the flask; I do apologize for our swift departure, but we are expected somewhere, I'm afraid, and it simply wouldn't do to keep them waiting for too long."

Tailor Craig also clicks his claw a few times, and the innkeeper accepts the flask of tea offered and chirps happily. Morton then turns to Tailor Craig, handing him another flask.

"A promise is something I always do try to keep, I hope you enjoy it good tailor Craig. I believe now we are ready to properly meet those in the tower, whenever you feel ready," he says, watching Tailor Craig absorb the tea as it floats out of its container when he nears it to his lack of a face, propelled by some form of inaudible suction.

"It's quite good, thank you," Tailor Craig says, his speech seemingly not impeded at all by the consumption of tea. "And we were only making smalltalk, no need to wait on our account," he adds, then clicks at the innkeeper a few times, who clicks back. And then, without another word, the desk and the tailor walk out of the Purging Crab, and reach the tower within five minutes, finding a massive, forbidding steel front door with, strangely enough, a doorknocker awaiting them.

On a slope leading up to a spidercrack...

Kevin, hoping that the spider he just threw into the water wasn't part of a colony, crawls into the crack, and proceeds along it, seeking to move so deep down the rabbit hole that he emerges out the other end. And as he continues on, he realizes that his hope may have been in vain, as what awaits him deeper within is a series of small tunnels, claustrophobic and feeling like they may be crushed with him in them at any point, and also with regular sounds of something skittering in the distance.

And just then, much to his dismay, he feels a quake, but it does not cause any tunnels to collapse, most fortunately, or get him stuck in any way. However, he is still blind, and stuck inside a network of tunnels that is in all likelihood filled with giant spiders.

In one of the kitchens of Castle Fenton...

Niklas tries to locate his knife, before realizing that he probably left it with the rat back in the Tower of Power. Oh well! Further challenge awaits!

"Thank you," he says and digs in!

[Niklas' culinary dark arts roll: 1+1]

He stabs the not particularly sharp knife provided into the ham, and the ham nearly bounces off the table as a result. Hm.

"You need to hold it down, then stab," the maid advises soundly, smiling at him, and Niklas blushes a little.

In an office in a tower of the Black Circle...

Scott, addressing the whip man, spins the tragic tale of his mutilation.

"I was cut down... literally... whilst hunting giant crab. After freeing myself from the remains of my body I later lost control of my latent pyrokinetic powers."

He pauses.

"Nice whip, by the way... seems well used. You must be very doting to have have it survive after such apparent heavy use," he says, shuddering. The man makes no indication of finding the compliment in any way flattering. And with that, Scott turns to the lady.

"And what is your response to the charge of creating a creature against a laws of nature that is currently seeking to ascend into godhood? I am not here to judge...I may sound a bit terse since my master, who I am unfortunately bonded to, is currently held captive by the thing...it wants to 'learn' from wizards, so we are tasked with...collecting them."

The lady merely shrugs.

"Well, can't say that's any of my business, really," she says, glancing at the man for a moment. "But we can point you to some wizards that need collecting."

"By the way, sir, have you seen a group of three roughly identical women and one shiny, crystalline one? It's part of a quest I am currently undertaking, you see. And what is this I heard about a moving desk?" the man asks immediately afterward of Scott.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: August 12, 2014, 06:59:36 am »

Yell loudly, then retreat back to the rock outcrop.
Can I swim?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: August 12, 2014, 07:55:07 am »

((Wait, the Whip Man is on a quest to kill us?

So, this is what actually appened in that conversation a long time ago:

Harry: are my player killing tendencies controlled?
Me: yes, they are
*Sends the Whip-Man in a quest to kill the players))

Hmmm. Shape my presence into a conical shape, so that the rocks I'm currently holding slide away into the rest of the place. The not-above-my-head place.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: August 12, 2014, 08:23:30 am »

"Morton, my-erst while servant is a spiritually inhabited desk at the moment, but it has not one bit lessened his optimism and dedication to politeness. I do hope very dearly that he is not part of this same quest? I would be gravely injured if this was so.
As for the others...I recall seeing them perhaps on the other side of the Island? We didn't converse much and I had not the chance to ask what they were doing."

Scott says truthful things without being too informative.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:25:02 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: August 12, 2014, 08:38:35 am »

((I think that you haven't seen us at all))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10045 on: August 12, 2014, 12:27:04 pm »

Try again, but use the knife the lady had up her sleeve before I possessed her.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: August 12, 2014, 12:34:59 pm »

Try again, but use the knife the lady had up her sleeve before I possessed her.

You lost your sleeve in the usual way, by losing your arm to a frenzied rat. Hence why you're walking about in a sleeveless robe right now, in what is surely a major fashion faux pas.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: August 12, 2014, 12:36:17 pm »

Oh right, I lost the arm! I get injured so much I rather forget about it.
Take her advice, then.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: August 12, 2014, 03:18:25 pm »

((I think that you haven't seen us at all))
Pretty sure I have, we were on the boat together. And I was shown where we landed, so not much of a stretch. :P

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10049 on: August 12, 2014, 03:25:40 pm »

((We were not in girl form when we met back there. I was still the purple vampire with the fruit salad in my head and prominent facial hair))
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 719