Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556661 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9270 on: March 14, 2014, 06:13:42 pm »

Morton looks on at the scene in worry, wondering what that orb is exactly and why everyone is so intent at snatching it. The desk hobbles over to the worm corpse (or what's left of it) and nudges it slightly. "Uh... Good fellow, are you okay? ...Hello?"

He guesses that the orb must be important, and he thinks he saw it get snatched from the worm. "Place something hard near the hinge of the jaw, that should help I believe! Perhaps a rock, or something equally as durable and hard!" The tea apostle hopes that helps somewhat, and goes searching around for something of that repute, so he can at least point it out to his fellow compatriots to save them some time.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: March 14, 2014, 06:54:49 pm »

Mark using his halberd cuts at the joint trying to break it and save the orb
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 04:04:02 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: March 15, 2014, 12:58:19 am »

Still a little disconcerted, Darren continues his conversation with the... ghost(?)
"Yes, I ah, need an artifact for a friend, a close one. I promised him I would get it for him."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: March 15, 2014, 04:37:00 am »

Scott will growl and dive down and start shouting the names of his compatriots!

They are real...aren't they?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: March 15, 2014, 08:47:17 am »

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Kevin tries to grab the jaws again and spread them as far apart as possible - surely they will not be able to withstand a coordinated attack that such a maneuver necessarily implies?

[Opposed Strength: Kevin vs. McStrange: 5 vs. 3+1]

He manages to open them up a little bit, and the orb isn't quite as tightly secured anymore! And Mark looks like he is about to solve the jaw menace once and for all, too!

[Mark vs. McStrange: 4+2 vs. 3-1]

The blade of the halberd strikes the joint between the dolphin's maxilla and mandible, separating both halves very decisively. The orb is safe! Hooray.

Morton, meanwhile, is only vaguely aware of the current state of the battle as he pokes the corpse of the worm - he realizes that the creature, whatever it may have been, is very definitely devoid of life. He looks over at the jaw that the two others seem to be messing with, and is about to offer advice, but the business seems to have been concluded - the jaws are separated, and the threat of the dolphin seems to have been nullified. All is well until suddenly all three hear a voice in their minds.

~we are back, and we now have power beyond imagining!~

How unfortunate!

~it appears that things have slightly deteriorated in the absence of our guidance! commencing urgent fixes!~

How ominous!

In a state of senselessness...

Sigmund, having nothing to do, attempts to go for broke and enter a trance of pure worship. He thinks of Velusius, professing his undying love toward this presumably mannish deity he has never met, and hopes that the god will accept him into the fold! The trance is coming along nicely when suddenly he hears it - the voice! The voice of Velusius!

~I have to admit, this is kind of funny how you think I like it when somebody as worthless as you grovels to me. I guess there's kind of a point there, it is pretty fun to hear somebody squeal like you do. Like you're a rat in a trap. Because that's what you are to me. A rat with its body broken by the steel frame of my world. And I look down at you inside your little demon sphere, and I just have to laugh. It's almost a shame you're not in any real danger anymore. Or are you?~

[Sigmund's will roll: 6]

Sigmund feels a violent tug at his soul, and frenziedly clings on to the inner surface of his orb. That's not good.

~What fun, what fun! Let's try that again, shall we?~

[Sigmund's will roll: 6]

The pull comes back, stronger than before, and Sigmund only manages to cling on to the surface by conveniently forgetting that he actually has nothing to cling on to surfaces with. It's these comforting mental constructs that keep one alive more than anything, really.

~Okay, last time. Let's see if I can make your stuffing come out this time, shall we?~

[Sigmund's will roll: 4]

The last pull comes strongest of all, and Sigmund only barely holds on within his housing, simultaneously paralyzed and secured by the consuming fear of death that motivates much of what he does.

~Yep, you've got that rat-spirit in you, all right. But you'd best not squeak at me again, lest I come on over to poke at you more sharply. Have fun in your trap, you hear?~ the divine voice says, fading out while another voice fades in. It is regrettably familiar.

~greetings, sigmund! you seem to be trapped in a sphere! we have magic now and we can use you as our first test subject! is this agreeable?~

In the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas reassures Helsvar that he surely will not betray her, and continues in his rather ineffective strategy. He decides it best to be more assertive, and corners a particular young man in an isolated hallway. The young man glances at Niklas questioningly.

Niklas just runs at him, tackling him to the ground and pressing his knife against the fellow's throat while straddling him.

"Tell me, good sir, would you happen to be a virgin?" he asks.

"What?" the panicked man says, staring at the blade that appears to be treacherously close to his windpipe.

"Are you a virgin?"

The fellow gulps, the blade drawing a little blood in the motion.

"Uh... I..."

"Choose your answer wisely," Niklas adds, inching his body's face a little closer to the man.

"Erm... yes," the man caves at last. "I am a virgin. You can bleed me, just please don't kill me!" he then begins to plead.

At a forming stalactite...

Darren tries to explain his mission to the ghostly, fleshy thing before him.

"Yes, I ah, need an artifact for a friend, a close one. I promised him I would get it for him."

The creature's lips make a whistling noise.

"Now isn't that something. How close a friend are we talking here?" it asks. "The real close kind, if you know what I mean?"

Somewhere at the harbor of Mothdale...

Scott growls at the idea of his longtime friends being imaginary, surely it cannot be, can it? He flies downward, screaming their names at the top of his lungs.

"Mark! Siggy! Kevin! Morton! Artiste! Anybody! Where are you?" he shouts, and suddenly becomes aware of a presence near him.

"Hey, Scott! What's with all the light here?"

"Who's that, Jeremy?" the voice asks from above.

"Yeah, who is that, Jeremy?" the Artiste echoes.

~there is only the gub!~ a familiar voice goes off in their heads. ~very nice work on the new arrival, jeremy!~

Quite the reunion, all in all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: March 15, 2014, 08:57:04 am »

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, Kevin thought.
Squeeze the stone again.
((There is literally no way this will end well.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: March 15, 2014, 09:13:56 am »

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, Kevin thought.
Squeeze the stone again.
((There is literally no way this will end well.))

~there's no need for your crude language!~ goes the voice in your head as you squeeze the stone, and it is quickly joined by another one.

~Hey, how's it going? I'm kind of busy right now, would you mind getting back to me a little later?~ Lizzie asks him.

~yes, it would be proper to respect her schedule, kevin!~

~Who is this?~

~the gub!~

~Oh. The gub. Uhm...~

~being in charge of a city, mind and soul, is impossible for us to quantify in terms of being interesting, but it is very new and we are learning, to answer your question!~

~Yeah, I think you should maybe call later, Kevin?~

~but it is useful to peer into your mind! can you not speak more?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: March 15, 2014, 09:29:57 am »

~Uh, yeah, sorry for calling again this soon. This thing is sort of a mind-manipulating hivemind or something. It would have probably been a good idea to tell you this earlier. We've all sort of been abducted.~

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: March 15, 2014, 09:37:33 am »

~Uh, yeah, sorry for calling again this soon. This thing is sort of a mind-manipulating hivemind or something. It would have probably been a good idea to tell you this earlier. We've all sort of been abducted.~

~false! they arrived in the city of gub, and thus were made subject to gub! no abductions were performed! and she knows full well what the gub is!~

~Uh, yeah, funny story about that...~

~it is the work of their lyman that the city of gub is here today! so we are all allies here, kevin!~

~I'm kind of in a meeting about that, actually. Really, can we talk later, Kevin?~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: March 15, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

~Okay. I doubt I'll be able to squeeze this stone again easily, so please don't forget about me.~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: March 15, 2014, 10:01:49 am »

~Okay. I doubt I'll be able to squeeze this stone again easily, so please don't forget about me.~

~I'll try,~ Lizzie's voice goes before she disappears from your mind.

~things are optimal again now that we are back! efficiency will be restored!~

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:24:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: March 15, 2014, 10:14:39 am »

~A-Are you telling me that you are now starting to do magic, and so you want to test it in a poor soul? I'd rather not, or at least not until you are better at it, I'm afraid, as it could probably be dangerous for me, and you wouldn't like me dying, right? Also, despite how I hate to have Mark practice his...art on me, I think that it would be convenint for me to have him make me a new body. Would you mind asking him?~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: March 15, 2014, 10:26:13 am »

~A-Are you telling me that you are now starting to do magic, and so you want to test it in a poor soul? I'd rather not, or at least not until you are better at it, I'm afraid, as it could probably be dangerous for me, and you wouldn't like me dying, right? Also, despite how I hate to have Mark practice his...art on me, I think that it would be convenint for me to have him make me a new body. Would you mind asking him?~

~very well! we shall try it on someone else instead! and notify mark as well!~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: March 15, 2014, 10:38:22 am »

~Thank you! May I ask which kind of magic did you get?~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: March 15, 2014, 10:39:54 am »

~Thank you! May I ask which kind of magic did you get?~

~the best kind!~
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 719