Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556634 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9255 on: March 13, 2014, 01:47:17 pm »

((whyu h8in brah? not like theirs like anythin' wrong with dat!))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Either way, we probably want to find the Artiste too, or half of our party may suddenly drop dead.))
((This. It is like, really important. Like, to not ruin the GM's expectations besides shoving our deaths into the future a little bit more))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: March 13, 2014, 01:52:09 pm »

((The problem with this is: [Searching: 1] oh hey another dolphin.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: March 13, 2014, 02:15:13 pm »

((The problem with this is: [Searching: 1] oh hey another dolphin.))
((Or: hey, slime cloud, or hey bird attack. Yeah, we should stick together.))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: March 13, 2014, 02:46:59 pm »

Light several of the buildings close to the pier on fire
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: March 13, 2014, 04:09:14 pm »

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Mark decides to run interference for Sigmund, and tries to get the little orb before the dolphin head can!

[Opposed Quickness: Mark vs. McStrange: 3 vs. 6]

Before he can even hop forward, though, the dolphin has spit out Mark's leg into the nearby canal and grabbed the shiny orb in its teeth - as the others move to attack, the dolphin rolls away and gnashes its teeth over the smooth white surface of the soul container!

[Sigmund's durability roll: 3]

It cracks very visibly, and the poor little soul of Sigmund within the sphere shrieks mentally (and thus inaudibly), fearing the new sucking holes in his home greatly as they attempt to pull his being out into the great in-between.

[Sigmund's will roll: 4]

Somehow, he is not gone yet! He feels like his position is incredibly tenuous, however, and the orb's structural integrity is in quite a bit of peril.

Morton thinks on whether it's a good idea to try and snatch the orb from the dolphin's jaws - he supposes there have been better ideas, but this one is pretty close to his original thought of disarmament.

[Stealing: Morton vs. McStrange: 4-1 vs. 6-1+1]
[Chomp: McStrange vs. Morton: 6+1 vs. 1]

He doesn't quite manage to draw his hand back before the dolphin bites it right off, along with most of his forearm. Morton can't help but wonder if that was worth it as Kevin throws his hat into the ring.

[Kevin vs. McStrange: 5+2 vs. 3-1]

He starts to wildly chop at the head, slicing off chunks of flesh and bone until he's fairly sure he's gotten to the brain matter, which he proceeds to chop some more. And even though this would pretty much stop any lesser undead, the dolphin - or, rather, the dolphin's jaws, for most of the rest of its head has been mutilated into unrecognizability, nevertheless continue to chomp on, harder than ever before, wood chips from Morton's former arm joining little flecks of white scrapings from the cracking orb.

It is a sad thought indeed that there are probably a lot more dolphins exactly like this one, the undead think.

At the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas has a bright idea and heads off to check his own body for virginity. A few minutes later, he concludes that this body is a bit too old for it to retain any anatomical indication of virginity, and while it may technically be a virgin, he definitely has no way to tell if that's the case, so he has to err on the side of 'probably not a virgin' this time around.

After all, it rarely pays to bank on things you have no clue about.

Outside a tavinn in Blynn...

Timothy feels composure coming over him slowly, but surely as Lenny reassures him.

"Yeah... I gotten losted a whiles ago an' ends up in Blynn. Been losted a real long times, not much sure where I's come from," he says, completely failing to remember the name of the place he came from, "But I knows dat I had a friend names Mister Bob there! And 'nother one called Hansel. Hansel weared all feathery-stuff, an' Mister Bob is had lotsa scary-crows on da garden..." he then trails off. If only all that business didn't feel like it happened so many years ago!

"Dis Blynn place is seems real-nice, though," he then remembers to say, "I's sure you does realgood job of safe-keepin' it!"

"Well, I'm not the only one working here. There's lots of guards here, and most of them are very good at what they do. But enough about that - sounds like you're very lost indeed, Timothy. I don't think I can guide you back to where you were from. But maybe I know somebody who can. Would you care to follow me?" Lenny asks softly, and Timothy guesses he can follow him - he seems nice, anyway. The other two guards look over at him, but don't seem to care overmuch that he seems to be leaving, and together they head out toward the center of Blynn, a walk that takes only about twenty minutes - the center of town seems very lively, absolutely bustling with activity.

"I'm going to take you over to meet my boss - he's a bit scary, but don't worry, he's actually pretty nice underneath it all. Heart of gold, really. Just don't talk back to him. Can you do that, Timothy? Can you do that for me?" he says genially.

Somewhere in Mothdale, presumably the harbor...

Scott tries to illuminate his way by lighting some buildings on fire.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 3]

A nearby building starts to burn a bit. Scott can't really see how much, blinded by the light as he is. It feels rather terrible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: March 13, 2014, 04:32:34 pm »

Pray to Velusius for me not dying! With all my soul power and all that.

((I say that breaking the joint would be pretty much the point in which it stops being a problem. Also, these guys work pretty much like us. That means they will almost never die. It is indeed a problem))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: March 13, 2014, 04:57:47 pm »

POWAH! The world is a matchstick before the great Scott!

((...See what I did there? >.>
Also You guys might want to look up, one madman and an ex-imprisoned god might be a hazard to your health. )
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 04:59:40 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: March 13, 2014, 05:20:19 pm »

[Well, I have utterly no idea how I can contribute to this I'm afraid. Or move easily. Or... Well, yeah. Hm.]

"Oh dear."

The desk could only really think to say as he attempted to wave his nub where he could see it. Oh, the good craftsman who made them would probably feel bad knowing Morton took such terrible care of them. The tea apostle isn't quite sure what to do in all honesty, he's not sure he can even perhaps move in his current state.

Test movement without arm! What can he manage? Either way, cheer on allies with unending optimism!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:18:23 pm by Xanmyral »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: March 13, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »

Hey Helsvar, do you have any idea how to tell a virgin from the common crowd apart from seducing them?

Wander around the tower asking people if they're virgins in the meantime.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: March 13, 2014, 09:37:22 pm »

Mark channels the power of rage and grabs the mouth of the evil dolphin wrenching it open and saving Sigmund
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: March 14, 2014, 01:59:03 am »

Try to grab the jaw and throw it in the water.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: March 14, 2014, 12:45:22 pm »

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Sigmund tries his very best to not die for once. He even gives prayer a shot, because really, why not? It has as much of a chance of helping as anything! He closes his mind, and focuses upon the glory of Velusius, god of death and magic. And he gets the distinct feeling that Velusius is quite amused, which is a good thing as far as he knows. Hopefully he's not going to die, eh?

Morton, who has just lost his single arm, feels like he's a bit past the point of providing any benefit to his compatriots in this fight, and, going out on a limb, so to speak, tries to ascertain his current mobility. He is pleased to discover that his arm was long enough that he can still use it perfectly well to move around on - it's just as inelegant as before, obviously, but he doesn't seem functionally impaired, anyhow.

Mark tries to get angry, but, on account of his previous experience with the fellow, fails to properly give a rat's ass about whether Sigmund's going to make it or not. Maybe he could get a pet undead dolphin to make up for the loss of his previous friend. He could ride it across the waves, unlike Sigmund. And it would bite stuff that sucks, also unlike Sigmund. And if he could teach it magic, it would basically be like a much better version of Sigmund. Really, the old bugger was close to being obsolete anyway. Nevertheless, Mark guesses he should make a token effort to get his "buddy" out of the creature's jaws. He hops over to the thing.

[Opposed Strength: Mark vs. McStrange: 6 vs. 5+1]

It seems that emotion seems to be working in the dolphin's advantage, though, which seems to make a crucial difference in how it seems to be able to defy Mark's grip. Mark guesses that's okay - he gets new friends all the time, he'll probably live.

Kevin, feeling like maybe Mark isn't doing all he can to help his buddy, tries to help! He runs up to Mark and snatches the jaws from his hands, trying to throw them away.

[Throw: Kevin vs. McStrange: 1+1 vs. 6-1]
[Counterattack: McStrange vs. Kevin: 3+1 vs. 5+1]

It's rather embarrassing when he completely fails to manage anything but the very girliest of throws, and the dolphin jaws practically slip from his hand, falling to the ground with a very unsatisfying thunk. Maybe he could kick it instead?

Just as he thinks this, the dolphin jaws make another chomp at the orb.

[Sigmund's durability roll: 4]

Fortunately for Sigmund, it does not sustain all that much damage this time around. Maybe whatever his silly friends are doing is working! Or maybe it's the prayer, you never know.

Not all that far away from the protracted melee...

Scott feels like he should try again, since the world sometimes seems to forget that it is there for the sole purpose of serving as fuel for the series of escalating disasters and rampages that we know as history, or at least the entertaining parts of history.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 4]

He can't see too well what it is that he just set on fire, but it doesn't seem very flammable.

"See? Nobody here, Jeremy! Just some useless ships! Now, let's move on up!" the voice says, beginning to float upward. "Follow me, Jeremy!"

At the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas petitions the only source of information about this whole virginity thing he can think of - Helsvar! She's got good ideas, right?

"Hey Helsvar, do you have any idea how to tell a virgin from the common crowd apart from seducing them?"

"I am fairly sure there is no way to actually tell for sure, my love. Even if you seduce someone, which I really would prefer you did not, what you discover provides no guarantees."

Having gotten this advice, Niklas decides to go for the direct approach. He walks around the tower, asking people if they happen to be virgins - however, everybody he asks seems very insistent on the fact that they most definitely aren't any such thing, and some just plain avoid him. Wonder why.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: March 14, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »

Grab the jaw, hold on VERY tightly. Spread it apart as far as I can
((Hint now would be a good time to slash it apart.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: March 14, 2014, 01:36:06 pm »

It was that! Yes! Velusius likes him! He may not have dedicated much time to praying in his life, but Sigmund always felt some kind of fascination (or maybe just his usual inclination to comply to those who seem powerful enough) towards the Five, and the God whose domain is more likely to fit him is pleased with him! Maybe he should devote more of his life to that entity who has decided that he is worth saving?

Engage in a worshipping trance

((Now I found a way to go towards the priest path. I actually wanted Sigmund to get into this from some time ago, but didn't find a way to do so.

Also, I hope that the joint is finally broken soon, that would end its threat))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: March 14, 2014, 04:53:56 pm »

Well, I won't seduce anyone - after all, I'm still with you. Hmm. Best be forthright then.

Continue going around asking if people are virgins. Explain that I need their blood.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 719