Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557166 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8640 on: January 30, 2014, 06:12:05 pm »

Let's do it!
Wait. Can you possibly give me a body before we go? I'm a chair with 2 legs right now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: January 30, 2014, 06:41:00 pm »

Use TM to cast various small spells that make the air flow in the same direction, starting from left to right, in a repeating cycle, moving the clouds away from the city. Guess the distance, if no visible effect occurs, then it is too near and the spell must be cast some distance away from that point. If clouds are displaced, but too far away, try closer. Eventually try to realize at which approximate distance are the clouds.

((If I happened to succeed in an intelligence roll, could I use TM with that roll? For a normal case, I mean.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: January 30, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »

Let's do it!
Wait. Can you possibly give me a body before we go? I'm a chair with 2 legs right now.

~The Tower of Power people can help you out with that. Maybe. Any other questions?~

((If I happened to succeed in an intelligence roll, could I use TM with that roll? For a normal case, I mean.))

TM is for basic uses, more or less. And intelligence rolls don't apply to it, unless the intelligence roll is to determine something not directly related to the act of casting magic.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: January 30, 2014, 07:02:35 pm »

Nope. Let's go!
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: January 30, 2014, 09:56:57 pm »

The desk merely stared outside through the hole in the closet for a moment. "Oh dear."

~What happened here? I'm afraid that whatever melted the stone has caused the unfortunate destruction of the brooms. Group Gub--~ Morton makes a note to think of a better prefix. ~--Are there any other brooms around? Perhaps a substitute? I'm sure there must of been some that survived. Hm... I suppose a rag or square of cloth might suffice, although it would take me longer. I'd of needed one sooner or later though I suppose.~

~And I do thank you for the distinction, it's always nice to be complimented. May I ask who's the entertainment consultant? Good Jester Kevin, perhaps?~ The desk wouldn't mind seeing a familiar face, considering the confusing surroundings.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: January 30, 2014, 10:45:41 pm »

Mark thinking at the Gub "Alright can you lead me to my friends"

Follow the Gub to my friends do not harm the Gub I don't want to piss off the hive-mind just yet
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: January 30, 2014, 10:48:34 pm »

Timothy was quite pleased!
It might not be pie, but he was sure it'd be more than good enough for someone who'd had nothing to eat for a while.
He wasn't quite sure how getting it back would work, but well, Timothy tended to deal with problems as they occurred.

>Telekinetically gather up a good haul of delicious, healthy food!

>Keep an eye out for anything that might object to me taking said delicious, healthy food.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: January 31, 2014, 01:58:12 am »

"Hello and welcome to the tavern of... The Third Shank tavern! Need anything?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: January 31, 2014, 02:10:38 am »

Scott will lift one of the burning timbers and carry it over to one of the other wrecks.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: January 31, 2014, 05:07:47 am »

((After the sea of death trip we are going to need the Fourth Shank Doctor's sanity not assured.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: January 31, 2014, 05:59:23 am »

Atop the grandest tower in Mothdale...

Sigmund tries to make this weather manipulation more manageable by chopping it up into little chunks of tasks - something that works reasonably well, although doesn't seem overly effective - he doesn't actually know how high these clouds happen to be, and so only after an hour manages to find a reasonable distance... feels like a gazillion kilometers away. And though the stormy-looking clouds begin to move, they do so rather slowly, Sigmund thinks. Particularly since there seems to be another, slightly stronger wind acting against his manipulations and making slight whirlwinds from the looks of it... hm. Weather manipulation does seem more difficult than expected.

Meanwhile, he notices a pair of birds rapidly approaching - they're pretty huge birds, Sigmund thinks, with large, very sharp-looking beaks. They seem to be carrying some kind of object - a flat, circular thing that's... ah, it's a shade. The birds fly over to Sigmund and quickly install the shade above him on the pole, providing Sigmund with a significant measure of shade and a minor reprieve from the rather uncomfortable rays of the sun. The birds then immediately fly away.

~better!~

Inside a non-shipwreck...

Niklas has no objection to visiting someplace called the Red Tower of Power - has to be better than the bottom of the sea, right? So he agrees after a bit of playing a game of questions and answers with the voice from the depths.

~Great. Off you go.~

Just then, everything peels away around Niklas, almost as though his surroundings were just some kind of obsolete shell he just managed to messily shed. The depths of the ocean are replaced with fresh air, lots of trees... and the Red Tower of Power, located on a tall hill right next to Niklas. It doesn't look much like a giant gambling den, mead hall or whorehouse, but Niklas is sure that the anonymous maybe-lady at the bottom of the sea wouldn't steer him wrong.

The tower is a rather tall, massive and monolithic affair, looking a bit like a very fat obelisk with an entrance at the bottom. There are a few windows he can see for the tower, but they are assuredly not many in number, and are rather irregularly placed. Additionally, there appear to be rather elaborate and creative, yet also highly obscene drawings on some parts of the giant construction, at heights Niklas would think highly improbable for common vandals to reach. He can see a group of people loitering in front of the entrance, some dressed in robes, some wearing armor, some completely naked for some reason.

In the former guard headquarters of Mothdale...

Morton doesn't like the look of all this melted stuff. Signs of thermal mass destruction are never good in his line of work, whether one perceived that as beverage consulting or butling. Probably not good in many other lines of work, either.

~What happened here? I'm afraid that whatever melted the stone has caused the unfortunate destruction of the brooms. Group Gub... are there any other brooms around? Perhaps a substitute? I'm sure there must of been some that survived. Hm... I suppose a rag or square of cloth might suffice, although it would take me longer. I'd've needed one sooner or later though I suppose.~

~repugnant though the idea may be, drape theft and/or mutilation is, according to our information, a great way to gather cleaning supplies! try the other offices!~

Ah.

~And I do thank you for the distinction, it's always nice to be complimented. May I ask who's the entertainment consultant? Good Jester Kevin, perhaps?~

~no! good mage art is the entertainment consultant and teaching assistant to the gub! good ex-jester kevin is the jolly, enjoyable ambience officer! and now that you've mentioned good ex-jester kevin, now would be a good time to visit him! it is an emergency! he is at the tavern known as the ponderous tingfish! you will need to perform beverage consulting! we shall guide you there! but you must prepare!~

In a mortuary in Mothdale...

Mark wonders if the gub can lead him to his friends by any chance.

~no! not yet, anyway! if you feel alone, we can provide other, equally social friends whose company you may possibly enjoy! or relay any important messages of yours to particular existing friends if needed!~

Hm... other friends, huh?

Near a rather nice feast...

Timothy is rather happy about the feast before him - this should be enough to make some people more cheerful, right?

[Timothy's telekinesis roll: 6]

He clasps his hands together, and all the food on the table immediately compacts into a sizable sphere (though nonetheless a sphere that is smaller than the original total volume of the food on the table), along with all the forks, knives, spoons, bowls and plates that were present there as well. Timothy supposes whoever he gives all this to will probably need the implements to eat it, anyway, and this is the fastest way he could think of to steal food. Hopefully as long as he concentrates he'll be able to get away with it, too! And since nobody interferes in any way and Timothy can't really hear anyone approaching, he supposes he very well might get away with it after all.

Inside the Ponderous Tingfish...

Kevin is determined to fulfill his duties, even if there is only one tavern.

The man looks unimpressed.

"Ugh. This ambiance blows." he says, picking up a chair and hurling it at Kevin.

[Impolite Patron vs. Kevin: 4+1 vs. 4+1]

Kevin ducks as the chair goes sailing over his head. Okay, maybe this guy's not in a great mood.

"this is not good! improve the ambiance immediately, jolly and enjoyable ambiance officer!"

At the beaches of Mothdale...

Scott continues his shipwreck-clearing duty by trying to carry bits of the burning ship to another shipwreck, spreading the love and the fire in one fell swoop.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 4]

It is difficult, but he eventually manages to start moving one of the looser bits of the ship, slowly removing the burning bit of wreckage and making it hover through the air and reach another wreck, where it fails to start a proper fire just yet. Well, at least one shipwreck of six appears to have been taken care of, pretty much.

~this is a day of discovery for you! the power is yours!~

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: January 31, 2014, 07:12:07 am »

Well he does need to practice on having the targets of !!MEDICINE!! stay alive if they were alive at the beginning of the operation Mark thinks "Well can you let my friends know where I am as well as what my new job is then send me some of the new friends you were talking about."
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: January 31, 2014, 09:59:31 am »

Sing a soothing song.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:19 pm »

Barge through the crowd and try to get in the tower.

EXCUSE ME OUTTA MY WAY COMING THROUGH MAKE WAY
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: January 31, 2014, 04:16:10 pm »

Scott will trans-locate himself back to the fiercely burning ship and continue the process.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:52:32 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 719