Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557168 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #8670 on: February 01, 2014, 03:06:52 pm »

Just burn them with mental rage.

"Tell mark I am am slightly more happy, and The artiste if he would like anything from us, we unlive to serve him"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: February 01, 2014, 07:24:59 pm »

Morton really couldn't see how mutilation would do anything to help with cleaning, beyond making a bigger mess and being a terrible thing to do. Drape acquisition, however, was another case. But there were more bigger things to deal with at the moment beyond speculation of make-shift cleaning supplies.

~Emergency? Is good jester Kevin in trouble, what's wrong? What do I need to prepare, please, let us make haste!~

The desk pepped up considerably at the fact that one of his friends need help, he has to get there fast or else it might be too late!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: February 02, 2014, 02:08:55 am »

((Heist of the century! :)) ))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: February 02, 2014, 02:15:56 am »

NIKLAS! A Northman!
I need a better body, can you give me one?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: February 02, 2014, 06:37:24 am »

((Heist of the century! :)) ))
((I concur, the heist of the century was most certainly the glorious bookstore raid.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: February 02, 2014, 06:41:00 am »

In some kind of tavern...

Kevin is pronouncedly dissatisfied with the patron. After all, he thought he had left his life of regular dismemberment behind for a fresh new start.

"OW! You asshole! I'm the fuck out of here. Fuck improvement. Fuck you, especially. How am I going to get anything done without a fucking leg?" he says, picking up his leg and beginning to move out of the tavern.

"Thanks," he hears the patron say. For some reason, the remark fills him with foreboding.

[Patron's technique roll: 3+1]
[Kevin's dodge roll: 5+1-1]

Guided by said feeling, Kevin rolls aside as some kind of liquid hits the spot where he formerly was. The floor in that spot begins to smoke and sizzle in a highly unpleasant fashion. Kevin looks back and notices the patron looking a little more dissatisfied than before as he finds a tankard to fill with the contents of the nearby barrel of alcohol, then sits down to enjoy a nice drink.

~it seems that he really does not wish you to leave, enjoyable ambiance officer! this is your chance to impress!~

In one of Mothdale's mortuaries...

Mark figures he had best work on these two. After all, it's the best party favor he's got. He draws his Happy-Happy and attaches it to the lumpy dolphin, who seems to calm down quite a bit and relax. Mark then places said dolphin on a slab and begins his improvements.

[Mark's medicine roll: 4]

He soon realizes there's nothing actually wrong with the dolphin - well, maybe it could use some hands and all, but that's pretty much it. So he picks up some arms and attaches them to the dolphin's flippers. After completing this rather simple operation, he removes the Happy-Happy and checks how the dolphin is functioning. The answer seems to be that it's doing great - it doesn't seem to be able to move the arms or fingers, though. Guess that's the price of being a living creature, though. The dolphin doesn't seem to mind too much, although it makes a very unpleasant grimace at Mark for a moment, then rolls off the slab. The arms don't seem to be doing it a lot of good. Hm. Mark reattaches the Happy-Happy, then removes the arms, instead fashioning two sharp hooks of bone with the tools and materials he has available. Attaching those to the dolphin's flippers instead of arms seems to work better - when the Happy-Happy is removed, the dolphin seems to appreciate the change much more, swinging its new hooks through the air in a delighted fashion.

Surprisingly, there is not a lot of blood shed in the process - the dolphins seem to not bleed all that much. Mark wonders why that might be.

~a very worthwhile addition, beautification officer! also, scott says he is slightly more happy! we believe it is because he knows of your continued existence!~

A happy day all around, then.

At the top of the central tower of Mothdale...

Sigmund thanks the gub for deciding that maybe leaving him chained to a pole for all eternity to do things he can't actually do might not be the best idea.

"Thank you, sir!" he says to the air.

~we shall have you sorted out soon! do not worry!~

Sigmund appropriately doesn't worry, and attempts to repel air.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 4]

He thinks it worked - at least that's what it seemed like. And there was a rush of air, too. He lets the air come back, then tries it again.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 2]

This time, it doesn't work quite as well. Again, again!

[Sigmund's magic roll: 3]

He feels the air repel a little bit.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 1]

And then it comes rushing back at him in a great big gust. His eyes start to hurt a little. And just then, a group of four of the large birds flies up to him. They seem to be trying to extricate him from his chained state, and one of them appears to be carrying a key to help in this endeavor. Their beaks, however, are a bit ill-suited to this sort of thing, it seems. They do eventually free him, holding him in their rather sharp and large claws as they carry him through the air. Sigmund can't say this feels entirely safe.

~it isn't!~

That's reassuring. Despite this, however, Sigmund does get somewhat safely, if uncomfortably conveyed to an area slightly to the north of the harbor, where he can see six different shipwrecks, one of which appears to have become a raging inferno. The birds quickly descend, finally dropping Sigmund softly on the ground. As Sigmund gets up, he looks around. Scott isn't difficult to spot - he's right over by another shipwreck, seemingly concentrating.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 6]

Just then, the shipwreck he is standing next to suddenly explodes into flames, brightly burning bits of wood flying into the air as part of the deck immediately disintegrates. Scott looks quite happy about this development.

"Tell Mark I am slightly more happy, and the Artiste if he would like anything from us, we unlive to serve him," Scott says, grinning at the carnage he has caused. Sigmund guesses he's talking to the gub.

~will do!~ answers the voice in Scott's head. Scott then turns happily to the other shipwrecks.

In the ex-guard headquarters of Mothdale...

Morton knows that, no matter what the state of cleaning supplies in this town is, the fate of Kevin is probably more important to worry about right now.

~Emergency? Is good jester Kevin in trouble, what's wrong? What do I need to prepare, please, let us make haste!~

~oh no, he is not in too much trouble! he is merely doing a very poor job of hosting patrons at the tavern known as the ponderous tingfish! we hope the situation will improve, but it would be good to have you there regardless, to help out and so forth! you will probably need some cleaning supplies, which you can find at the tavern, and a kind, unobtrusive attitude! we hope you can manage these things in short order! we will guide you to your destination when you are ready!~

Inside the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas introduces himself to the bearlike person.

"NIKLAS! A Northman! I need a better body, can you give me one?"

"Unless you sign up with us, no."

Ah. So it's one of these operations, huh?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: February 02, 2014, 06:51:05 am »

((Acid pots? Oh my...))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: February 02, 2014, 07:37:46 am »

((Well, that's bad luck, despite the fact that in the blong term it should tend to a 4. I guess I will keep practicing some time later. At least it keeps being a 3, but it is not enough to make someone choke))

Sigmund came closer to Scott, and asked:

-What are you supposed to be doing?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: February 02, 2014, 09:22:23 am »

Timothy clapped his hands happily, seeing the ball o' food floating before him as his surroundings changed.
"...Maybe dis works after all!" He grinned madly to himself, then looked around. "Hmm. Well, close a-nuffs." Good thing he could fly, he decided.

>Fly happily upwards with my food-sphere to get a wide view of the countryside, see if I can spot Blynn.

>If I get to the point where I can barely distinguish landmarks due to distance and haven't spotted it, start doing wide circles over the area instead, staying over these familiar-looking plains until I find it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: February 02, 2014, 09:29:47 am »

"What the fuck do you even want from me? Enjoy your fucking drink! You can drink the entire barrel! Just let me go!"
Limp away.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: February 02, 2014, 09:39:27 am »

((Also, I wasn't referring to this "bookstore raid" of which ye speak, I meant my interplanar food-napping escapades! Don't think I've read about any bookstore robberies, sadly. My current situation is so far remove from the rest of you that it's hard to keep track. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: February 02, 2014, 09:44:06 am »

"I have been tasked to signal to unwary ships and to obliterate the carcasses that wash ashore. I am enjoying myself."
ALL SHALL BURN BEFORE SCOTT! BRIGHTER! FASTER! HOTTER!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:46:45 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: February 02, 2014, 10:37:34 am »

-So, that's the job? -Sigmund sighs- I guess that I should help you in that.

Wait until Scott tries to burn another ship, then begin searching the insides of the ships that haven't been burned nor are in danger of being burned. If possible, salvage any kind of useful material, or remove things that can't burn, thus making the task of the fire easier.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: February 02, 2014, 01:42:58 pm »

[Oh dang, sorry about that Harry. I'll start adding a bolded 'he does this' thing at the bottom.]

~Oh, that's a relief, you had me worried there for a moment group Gub.~ Morton still needs to figure out a proper prefix. ...Team? Many? Several? Nothing better is coming to mind however.

~Just point me in the right direction and I'll have that place cleaned up in a spiffy. I have to say I'm a little surprised that things aren't going well, good jester Kevin is always the first I look to for a humorous outlook. But I suppose entertaining people isn't quite the same as hosting a tavern, I've always imagined a more respectable approach than a, albeit humorous, sillier approach.~

~If you could please tell good jester Kevin I'll be there shortly?~

The desk will head towards the Ponderous Tingfish, following the directions of group Gub.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: February 02, 2014, 06:24:23 pm »

What does that entail?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 719