Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557082 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #8505 on: January 22, 2014, 08:02:18 am »

((And then Kevin was the Fool from Wyrd Sisters))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: January 22, 2014, 08:11:38 am »

Mark continues to fish asking for more lures if he runs out

if he completes all the sacrifices he will sharpen his halberd he knew that he had a whet stone here somewhere.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: January 22, 2014, 08:20:03 am »

((Allright, I have to somehow destroy it, now))

Find Justine, ank her to telekinetically throw water over the focus from a distance.
Try to concentrate meanwhile in casting the funnel air spell
As the water hits the paper, cast the funnel air spell in such a way that the paper flies outside of the ship and to the bottom of the sea.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: January 22, 2014, 09:06:45 am »

Scott considers it may be like trying to learn to swim. He will try to focus on smaller objects and then a series of consistently larger ones, training up his mental muscles.
If he gets no headway, he will 'dive in at the deep end' and try to interact with something he cares about. He will try to make a cup of tea.

(we get bonus die for role-playing right?/jest :P)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 09:08:21 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: January 22, 2014, 10:08:15 am »

((Allright, I have to somehow destroy it, now))

Find Justine, ank her to telekinetically throw water over the focus from a distance.
Try to concentrate meanwhile in casting the funnel air spell
As the water hits the paper, cast the funnel air spell in such a way that the paper flies outside of the ship and to the bottom of the sea.

You come up with a cunning plan to deal with the focus once and for all - first, you find Justine. She seems to be in the den, fortunately enough, meditating upon something. You wave your hand through her spectral form, disrupting her relaxation.

"What? What do you want?"

You explain the need for her to get some water and splash it on this rogue piece of magic paper that seems to be on deck right now.

"What are you talking about? A piece of magical paper? One of your foci, I presume?"

You reiterate the question, this time stressing the fact that it seems to be unstable and emitting bursts of pink light. This seems quite disquieting to Justine, evidently.

"Well, I suppose I could try it," she says, following you back to the deck. She looks at the ocean and tries to concentrate. You decide that's probably a good thing for you to try as well, and do the same thing, except on a different bit of magic. You can't seem to get your thoughts into order, though, before Justine tries to lift up some water.

[Justine's telekinesis roll: 2-1]

You notice a spout of water shooting up into the air slightly off the ship.

"Yes, it seems that telekinetically moving water is indeed just as difficult as one might think."

This means your plan may have hit a bit of a snag, you guess.

~Take a few steps away from the focus again. I wish to try something,~ Evelyn's voice calmly declares in your head.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: January 22, 2014, 10:20:53 am »

Do what Evelyn says, and cover my head with my hands, but in a way that allows me to see

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: January 22, 2014, 10:21:34 am »

Try to find other talents.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: January 22, 2014, 10:52:11 am »

Timothy, despite his good intentions, was ever so easily distracted, especially on such a large task.
He paused, letting the piece of rock he was moving fall to the ground, and swiftly decided that it would be far more interesting to find someone else to talk to, instead. So thinking, he floated off further into the outskirts of the town, sweeping his way back-and-forth through the mostly abandoned streets. Surely the people who still lived out here would be more interesting- and less dangerous- than the ones in the central parts.

>Find one of the few people still living outside of the inner wall and observe them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:21 am »

Do what Evelyn says, and cover my head with my hands, but in a way that allows me to see

You step away from the focus, putting your hands over your head defensively while keeping your eyes uncovered.

[Evelyn's magic roll: 1+1]

The focus looks completely undisturbed in the next minute or so. Evelyn does not seem happy.

~The focus is highly resistant to tampering, it seems. Despite my best efforts, it remains unchanged.~

Speaking of the focus, the bursts of pink light do seem to be getting more intense right now. It's beginning to look pretty dangerous here on deck, actually.

"I have a better idea," Justine suddenly says.

[Justine's telekinesis roll: 4]

The focus begins to slowly move away from the deck and out over the sea, the bursts of light slowly intensifying and the hum of the thing becoming more pronounced with every moment as it seems to actually resist the manipulation.

At the outer wall of Blynn...

Timothy, getting distracted from his duty by the mind-numbing tedium of it all, decides it best to look for someone to talk about all these weird things he's seen so far. And the best place he can think to look is the outer section of the city, as that part is more likely to house people he can find things in common with.

And after about half an hour of searching, he finds someone! It's that nasty lady from before, but this time she appears to be in the company of a friendly-looking young man of some sort. Rounding out the group is a rather large, strangely twitching pink dog. The two people seem to be conversing while the dog stands silently by their side, and the man seems to be holding the woman's hand.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: January 22, 2014, 11:41:31 am »

-We have to combine our efforts in this! Keep it away from the ship!

Funnel air to push it to the sea.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: January 22, 2014, 11:49:24 am »

-We have to combine our efforts in this! Keep it away from the ship!

Funnel air to push it to the sea.

"Will do."

~I will also try to help.~

[Evelyn's magic roll: 4]

Justine begins to glow more than usual. You... think that's good?

[Justine's telekinesis roll: 3+1]

Despite Justine's efforts at moving the thing, though, it seems to be slowly moving the opposite direction. You decide that this will not do.

[Your magic roll: 2]

However, you find yourself momentarily incapable of funneling air properly, and the focus continues its journey back toward the ship. The pink light seems to be rapidly becoming brighter, and you can see pinkish tendrils extend from the focus. They appear to be reaching toward you.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:06 am »

Seeing the light show Mark gets a crossbow and bolt from Erin and attempts to shoot the Focus
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: January 22, 2014, 11:54:58 am »

-Evelyn, hit me too!

Try again!

If it fails, call the captain:

-Captain! There is something trying to harm your ship! Come and help us to blow it away!

((Question added to the list: what the heck is all this pink stuff? Pink magic, pink people, and other stuff))

Seeing the light show Mark gets a crossbow and bolt from Erin and attempts to shoot the Focus

((Thanks. Maybe we will also need Scott to help us with telekinetic stuff))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: January 22, 2014, 12:02:08 pm »

A true true friend helps a friend in need

*goes away humming*

My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: January 22, 2014, 12:18:46 pm »

You notice that excrement seems to be moving in a downward direction, and so resolve to get yourself a crossbow. You visit Erin and ask her to help in writing.

"Be happy to help!"

[Erin's magic roll: 4]

A plain-looking crossbow appears nearby, complete with a single bolt. You grab it and head off to engage in magic-hunting.

-Evelyn, hit me too!

Try again!

If it fails, call the captain:

-Captain! There is something trying to harm your ship! Come and help us to blow it away!

You ask Evelyn to hit you up with some of that magical goodness.

~I will. Be patient.~

[Evelyn's magic roll: 4]

You also begin to glow similarly to Justine. Score! Now it's time to show that focus who's in charge.

[Justine's telekinesis roll: 3+1]
[Your magic roll: 5+1]

Justine begins to push the focus back, and something seems to come loose within it when you funnel a powerful airstream at it, causing it to fly away a good distance, leaving a bright pink trail that just hangs in the air unmovingly, thus getting left behind as the ship moves on. The focus is still faintly visible in the distance, you notice.

At this point, Mark comes out and tries to shoot it.

[Mark's marksmanship roll: 5-1]

Mark aims his crossbow at an angle, shooting off a single bolt. Mark's aim appears to have been true - the thin dark shape of the bolt and the pink form of the focus evidently meet. And then the shape of the focus begins to twist strangely, looking a little like a huge pink whirlwind for a few seconds before assuming a treelike shape. It doesn't seem to be moving anymore, at least, judging by the way it doesn't appear to be getting any closer.
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 719