Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556348 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7710 on: November 14, 2013, 05:17:29 pm »

"I'm afraid so, good mage Erin. Good mage Art said that his soul is still in there, alive somehow. I had hoped Captain could of joined us, so as to get him out of the heat, but I'm afraid that's no longer an option. Hopefully that won't be much of a difficult trial to surmount?" Morton sounded hopeful as he asked the question, hopefully only loud enough for the three to hear him, still looking at the pile of slag.

"Good jester Kevin, can you perhaps look to see if any guards are about? If they possibly caused this, I dare not think how they might interpret this event if we were to help chef Niklas. I'm afraid I cannot look around without it being a touch conspicuous. Perhaps we can pose as cleaners, if asked?"
Once again he talked quietly to his two companions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: November 14, 2013, 05:21:02 pm »

I warn you, cat, I'm filled with explosives.

Bluff the cat, then jump up on its back.
Make cat my mount.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: November 15, 2013, 06:36:12 am »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott removes the hammer from his head, somewhat disturbing the Artiste with the squelching sound and gaping skull hole this produces, and speaks.

"Rotten soup foxed at meandering dawn, goulash. Terminal fruity a la George my thickener helps concatenate. Ooh, peaches mark jolliness on circumnavigation eve," he says.

"That's very nice, Scott. Maybe you should lie down."

That's what he just said, dammit! Scott takes a moment to bandage himself up, wrapping a stylish sailcloth bandana around the large, cavernous opening in his head that isn't his mouth.

In the cargo hold of the Second Shank...

Sigmund attempts to cast his spell of displacing air.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 6]

He feels air rush all around him for a moment, producing quite the breeze. He can't really feel the air in any esoteric fashion, though. Wonder why.

At the site of Niklas' melting...

Kevin can only offer words of uncertainty as Morton explains the issue at hand.

"I'm afraid so, good mage Erin. Good mage Art said that his soul is still in there, alive somehow. I had hoped Captain could of joined us, so as to get him out of the heat, but I'm afraid that's no longer an option. Hopefully that won't be much of a difficult trial to surmount?"

"I dunno. Only one way to find out."

Erin reaches out toward the pile of melted cook up ahead, and the air distorts a little.

"Question is, what to turn him into?"

"Good jester Kevin, can you perhaps look to see if any guards are about? If they possibly caused this, I dare not think how they might interpret this event if we were to help chef Niklas. I'm afraid I cannot look around without it being a touch conspicuous. Perhaps we can pose as cleaners, if asked?" Morton then asks his crippled friend, who merely twitches in response.

In an alley with a cat...

Niklas, ever the optimist, just rolls with the punches.

"I warn you, cat, I'm filled with explosives."

"Shit, man, that ain't no good," the cat answers, looking concerned. Niklas utilizes its confusion to try and mount it.

[Subjugation: Niklas vs. Cat: 3 vs. 5]

Niklas tries to mount the cat, but the cat jumps back.

"Hey! Stay away from me, you explosive bastard! I ain't dyin' today!" the cat exclaims, then runs off.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: November 15, 2013, 06:58:03 am »

((Scott's brain trauma is hilarious))

Sigmund, happy to having made some magic, rushes to the deck, exclaiming:

-I did it! I have a focus now, and I managed to influence reality!

He then speaks to the Artsite, specifically:

-Thanks for your help, Master! But if you had said that creating a focus was like rearranging the terms of a contract, I would have been achieved this faster, I think. Anyway, I think I have have learned the basics of written foci.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: November 15, 2013, 11:03:40 am »

"Just... Turn him into a ball or something and roll him back to the ship. I don't think we have a lot of time."
Kevin looks around the area for any guards, if there are none, he will signal that the coast is clear.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:21:04 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: November 15, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

[Yelling may fix that problem, heh.]

"Anything that can hopefully get itself out of the heat, and withstand it for long enough to escape." Morton commented as he watched the pile of slag that is Niklas. "I thank you for helping us, good mage Erin, and I apologize that we must get hurt so often. I truly wish that wasn't that wasn't the case however, almost every day someone gets horribly maimed, terribly dreadful..." The desk trailed off in an inaudible mumble that ceased shortly afterwards, mostly about wishing that his friends wouldn't be hurt so much, and a fear that one day they may not be fixable.

He returns back to his optimistic self shortly afterward however. "I know that everything will go alright however, soon we'll all be back on the ship. This shouldn't be anything but a trivial problem in the end, I have utmost faith in you good mage Erin." Morton confidently cheered Erin on as she worked her mojo.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: November 15, 2013, 01:21:30 pm »

((Yeah, good point...))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: November 16, 2013, 10:38:27 am »

"And please send that woman up to fix me. All I am good for at te moment is to frighten children into eating boiled vegetables!"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: November 16, 2013, 04:12:03 pm »

On the deck of the Second Shank...

Scott makes another request of the Artiste.

"But flagellate ampersand other squirrels away in ululating hamsters. Horse ottoman trouble handily fornicates with iron pepper and slaying chipmunks off piercing summit chalets!"

"You see, Scott, I'm sure you're telling me something important here, but you'll have to speak clearer. It's a little difficult to discern what your metaphors mean, exactly."

What a thick lout his master is, Scott thinks. There literally isn't any way he could make this clearer. Did he lose the fellow at the boiled vegetables bit, he wonders?

Before he can contemplate the matter, Sigmund appears from out of nowhere.

"I did it! I have a focus now, and I managed to influence reality!"

The Artiste applauds. Justine joins in, making an ethereally clapping her hands even while she looks contemptuously at Sigmund. Sigmund turns to the fellow who's taken him this far.

"Thanks for your help, Master! But if you had said that creating a focus was like rearranging the terms of a contract, I would have been achieved this faster, I think. Anyway, I think I have have learned the basics of written foci."

"Wait, rearranging terms? That's not how making foci is supposed to work. At least, not as far as I know. It's all bizarre waveforms to me."

"You say you rearranged terms? How? And what terms?"

At the site of Niklas' melting...

Kevin, ever the perceptive one, offers his observations on Niklas' woeful situation and its solution.

"Just... turn him into a ball or something and roll him back to the ship. I don't think we have a lot of time."

"Anything that can hopefully get itself out of the heat, and withstand it for long enough to escape." Morton adds. "I thank you for helping us, good mage Erin, and I apologize that we must get hurt so often. I truly wish that wasn't that wasn't the case however, almost every day someone gets horribly maimed, terribly dreadful..." he continues.

"You guys do always find new and exciting ways to get in trouble, that much is true."

"I know that everything will go alright, however, soon we'll all be back on the ship. This shouldn't be anything but a trivial problem in the end, I have utmost faith in you, good mage Erin."

"Thanks, I guess," Erin says, concentrating. Kevin, meanwhile, looks over the surroundings. He thinks he sees a very suspicious-looking individual in very bulky-looking clothes watching over the crowd from a window - the clothes, he thinks, hide a suit of armor beneath them. Man, that must be uncomfortable.

Erin eyes Niklas' body with skepticism.

"Not sure what to do. I suppose I could turn him into something that doesn't melt easily, like tungsten or something. But then I'd have to give him legs, which would require some kind of brain to move them with, which is another buncha problems entirely. It'll take extensive work is what I'm sayin'."

She looks unsurely at Morton.

"I think we better just move him outta here before tryin' anything. Maybe get the captain guy to help out."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: November 16, 2013, 04:50:05 pm »

Laugh maniacally and go wander around looking for something interesting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: November 16, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »

"That's what I fucking said. Make him into a goddamn ball and roll him away before the guards come to beat us up even more!"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: November 16, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »

Unwrap bandage, point at wound repeatedly whilst getting very close to him.

"Look at this you moon-mad drunken fool, look at it and do something about it!"

((This is hilarious, what are you using to generate the words?))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: November 16, 2013, 06:08:32 pm »

Sigmund, before answering the Artiste's question, and seeing how Scott had been wounded, presumably due to his own stupidity, said:

-I don't know how did you manage to get your head crushed, but you should see Erin, I think that that wound managed to disrupt your brain even more than what it had been since you were born.

He then turned to the Artiste:

-Well, for what you say, it appears that the experience is pretty different for every person. In my case, I felt a mutitude of rules inherent to the universe in general which were arranged in a kind of knot, as if they were threads. Each rule was very well detailed and had a set of sub-rules. What I did is to arrange the rules of this paper [Show paper] so that whatever is written in it is to be taken as an order upon the universe, whenever I want it to happen.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: November 16, 2013, 06:45:58 pm »

"Now now, good jester Kevin, there's no need to get angry." Morton mediated.

"I know the situation is dire, but we must keep our heads as best we can. I'm afraid that I'm not sure how well turning chef Niklas into a ball will help in getting him away from the heat, I'm not sure the floor is tilted enough to generate enough movement, nor how we could perhaps control his movement afterwards. I can only imagine that he must be hot enough that if we were to touch him, we may combust. I have a pot that may contain him, however." Morton mediated between the two, before contemplating.

"If we must get good sir Captain, we must hurry as fast as we can. I fear we shouldn't take anymore time, a spectacle is being made of the scene now and I fear that will not abate given a few minutes. But perhaps there is merit in what good jester Kevin says, can you perhaps shape chef Niklas into a ball and give the ground under him direction? Just enough to get him going, then perhaps I can scoop him into my the pot and we can leave the rest to be done on the ship."

Morton retrieved the spot he spoke of to show the others, holding it in his hands.

"If not, then we must hurry to go get captain before anymore time passes."

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: November 17, 2013, 04:06:56 am »

((Scott isn't stupid, he is violently impulsive, there is a difference. :P
How about you practice and transport me to her by magic. >.>))

Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 719