Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557468 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5355 on: June 14, 2013, 05:21:12 pm »

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Scott, figuring that he's too lazy to go loot the Ulubelle, tries to perform a daring burglary on the potter's shop.

[Burglary roll: 2]

Hm, there's a locked door and a few glass windows. One is locked and made of wood while the other is unopenable and made of glass. And Scott doesn't like glass - it makes such a nasty noise when it breaks. Also, he might cut himself if he breaks that.

In the kitchen of the ghost ship...

Morton, a plan lodged in his head like an arrow from the nation's top marksman, looks in the kitchen for some sort of ice source. After a moment of searching, he notices the letters "ICEBOX" in glowing yellow on a container. Nice. He looks inside.

It's certainly full of ice. Dry ice.

"Have to get this to work..."

He retrieves a smaller pot and grabs a handful of dry ice, then throws it in before the frost burns get him too bad. At that point, he takes the spoon and starts to scoop some of the sandwich spread into the new pot. Upon contact with the dry ice, the mixture doesn't seem visibly affected - it shrinks a little bit, but otherwise it's quite alright.

Just then, Sigmund, having unloaded his bolts, comes to visit Morton in the kitchen.

"So, how is the poisoned tea going?"

"The results are intriguing, but not of the helpful variety sadly. It turned out to be less tea, more of a sandwich spread, seems heat caused the paste to thicken instead of properly dilute. You can look at the mixture for yourself, I believe it to still possibly be harmful but I'm afraid I can't verify if it would be on the same level as the paste. We could serve them sandwiches I suppose, or find another use for it. I'm looking for a way to cool down a portion of it, to test to see if I can get it to thin a bit perhaps. If I had more of the paste, I could try again with a cold tea brewing, but sadly such isn't the case."

Morton looks at the cooling paste with a measure of intrigue.

"We should see if we could get more of that paste. You don't know what it was, right? Maybe we can do some experiments. See, I have this mushroom that I took off Mark when he was infected. It's Deathcap. Its spores supposedly cause people's lungs to explode, and it grows with just heat. Seeing that Mark got this in the same place Kevin found that "bark", it could be possible that, in fact, this was the thing that got boiled and transformed in that black paste."

Hm. The mystery deepens!

At a tower in Shriekpot...

Kevin, noticing the bag as Mark keeps trying to dance his way into knowledge, goes up and unfastens it, taking a look inside. Perhaps there's treasure.

What he gets, however, is a few tons of force right in the kisser coming from within the bag as the whole thing explodes suddenly.

[Kevin endurance roll: 2]

Kevin is blasted backward, flying off and landing in a broken heap, his skeletal structure direly disrupted! It's a bit tough to move. Also, he's pretty much fractured and broken all over.

[Mark endurance roll: 6+1]

Mark, meanwhile, seems to be having fun with his dance routine as Kevin suffers terribly.

In a warehouse by the docks...

Niklas knows that step.

He also knows how to counter it.

[Crate mayhem roll: 4+1]

He begins to push crates around, causing a massive toppling all around the warehouse! He actually hears something get hit in the commotion! There's a bit of a snapping sound. A-hah!

Now, if only he knew where it came from. He's got a vague direction, but little else.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: June 14, 2013, 05:34:37 pm »

Begin to search in that direction, pushing crates aside to see what's underneath.
Then, after about 30 seconds of this (punctuate it with taunting) whirl around and punch directly behind me where the ninja has undoubtedly been sneaking up! Use the properties of my arms to make one of them wrap around his throat and the other one does the facepunching.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: June 14, 2013, 05:43:07 pm »

Mark has a good smile at his mate then helps him to his feet and looks around for a store that could sell the ingredients for my rituals
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: June 15, 2013, 01:40:37 am »

"Hm, Death Mushroom? And Mark... The tree-Headed skeleton, yes? I knew I saw some similarities there. Are you sure it was a mushroom though? I thought I handled bark... Could it be bark infested with this mushroom's spores? I could try boiling the mushroom to see if I could make more if you wish, or we could try adding the mushroom to the current mixture to see if anything occurs." Morton ho-hummed to his fellow second-chancer, looking at the current mixture he was testing. "Hm... The dry ice doesn't seem to be thinning it, indeed, it just shrinks it. Perhaps if I diluted it with more water..." Morton tries his theory by first removing the dry ice from the mixture, with his cleaning rag so as to stave off frost bite on his necrotic flesh, and adds more water to the testing mixture. Normal water, no need to waste the good water after all. He'd then set the pot on the dry ice to try to cool it, while stirring it with his spoon.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: June 15, 2013, 02:19:52 am »

Scott will try and force the door open with his shoulder, with the force directed on the side with the lock.

((Should give hima +1 circumstance bonus right? :P))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: June 15, 2013, 03:14:29 am »

Kevin, realizing the monstrosities Sigmund and Scott were turned into, starts quickly crawling back to the ship. QUICKLY.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: June 15, 2013, 03:15:55 am »

Scott will try and force the door open with his shoulder, with the force directed on the side with the lock.

((Should give hima +1 circumstance bonus right? :P))
((a +1 has the same chance of something bad happening (counting ones and 6s as 'bad') as a +0 or -1))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: June 15, 2013, 04:19:23 am »

((A six would work, might break a few things though >.>))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:30 am »

((A six would work, might break a few things though >.>))
((well if you break anything I'm here with knives and a burning need to !!DOCTOR!!))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: June 15, 2013, 05:41:52 am »

((I am breaking into a pottery shop. There may be casulties.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: June 15, 2013, 05:58:50 am »

In a warehouse by the port...

Niklas starts to move crates like a frenzied dockworker to find his quarry!

Interestingly enough, he finds a skeleton in peasant rags with a snapped leg underneath some crates. Looks pretty dead to him. Hm. Or maybe...

He punches right behind him at the empty air! Hm. That's strange. He would have expected...

Hm, yes. He would have expected. Indeed.

At a tower in Shriekpot...

Mark smiles at the completely ruined Kevin on the ground. Internally. Externally, he's still the good old foliage-covered, emotionless violator of all that is sacred. He helps Kevin to his feet.

[Kevin walking ability roll: 5]

Fortunately enough, the jester's upper body seems to have taken the brunt of the force, so his legs are merely fractured all over rather than completely broken. The same cannot be said of his arms or ribcage, though. Or his face. But hey! He can fix that!

Hey, where's Kevin going? He looks to be running from something. Hey, danger's over, mate! You're alright! Soon to be better!

Eh, they all run, Mark guesses. He can fix the weakness of the flesh, but he cannot fix weakness of the mind. Speaking of, better go to the local ritual store.

Walking down the street, he notices a building giving off a more than vaguely unholy vibe. Looks like his sort of place! He strolls right in.

Looks like his intuition was right! The inside of the store is a vaguely fleshy room with no windows. It appears to breathe visibly, and it is rather hot and humid in here. There is but a single counter that resembles a resting annelid, and a rather lumpy, pulsing man of indeterminate age and rather short height is standing behind it. As the man notices Mark, he leaps across the counter and is right next to him in half a second. He slurps for a moment, then speaks.

"Greetings, sir! You have the look of a discriminating customer about you! May I be the first to welcome you to Joyous Hanford's Emporium of Biological Wonders! I am Joyous Hanford. How may I help you?"

He observes Mark for a moment.

"Ah. You don't look like you have a mouth. I understand - they're rather superfluous most of the time. Better to let your deeds speak for you, eh? Well, here you go. Trace your needs on this."

He hands Mark a pulsing, writhing lump of flesh.

"Flatten it and write with your finger - to erase things, crush it and let it reform. Nifty, eh? I call it the Informative Metatablet! Each one made of the screaming, writhing flesh of an unsuspecting drunkard donating his body to science! You can find this and more in my humble store!"

In less troubling places, Kevin quickly makes his way back to the ship, theatrically making a sigh of relief despite not being able to breathe.

In the kitchen of the ghost ship...

As Morton processes the information on the deathshroom, he keeps on working.

"Hm, Death Mushroom? And Mark... the tree-headed skeleton, yes? I knew I saw some similarities there. Are you sure it was a mushroom, though? I thought I handled bark... could it be bark infested with this mushroom's spores? I could try boiling the mushroom to see if I could make more if you wish, or we could try adding the mushroom to the current mixture to see if anything occurs."

He gazes at the cooling and shrinking mixture.

"Hm... The dry ice doesn't seem to be thinning it, indeed, it just shrinks it. Perhaps if I diluted it with more water..."

He fishes out bits of the dry ice with a rag, putting it on a nearby counter, then starts adding some nearby water to the mixture. It does seem to thin the whole thing rather nicely at first, but then Morton realizes that it's basically a giant clump he's stirring around in there.

At a potter's shop...

Scott decides upon a plan of action. Rather than break the window, he shall break the door! They won't be expecting that, he thinks.

[Strength roll: 2+1+1]

Applying his shoulder to the door with a reasonable amount of force, he finds that it breaks the lock rather decently. It does, however, make a bit of noise.

Nobody seems to have reacted much, though. Good.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: June 15, 2013, 07:03:03 am »

((Yay! ^.^ *glomps RNG*))

Scott shall examine the wares for small open topped clay jars with muslin cloth stretched over the opening... and take them.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: June 15, 2013, 07:40:56 am »

((Yay! ^.^ *glomps RNG*))

Scott shall examine the wares for small open topped clay jars with muslin cloth stretched over the opening... and take them.
Mark looks in wander this is his sort of place
then getting to work he writes the ritual tools he needs on the metatablet then asks about any interesting body parts the store has
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: June 15, 2013, 08:04:42 am »

Kevin, still panicking at the tought of his bones being reformed into shapless lumps of flesh, hurries down into the ship, trying to not fall down the stairs without the balance his arms give him, looking for the transmuter.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: June 15, 2013, 08:09:29 am »

Kevin, still panicking at the tought of his bones being reformed into shapless lumps of flesh, hurries down into the ship, trying to not fall down the stairs without the balance his arms give him, looking for the transmuter.
((why does no one want my help  :'( also I only made one monster ... that your character knows about))
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 719