Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557462 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5385 on: June 15, 2013, 09:28:37 pm »

Mark writes on the tablet one tablet two writing slugs and one restraint slug please
(also I nominate Mark for most competent living character)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: June 15, 2013, 09:32:10 pm »

Mark writes on the tablet one tablet two writing slugs and one restraint slug please
(also I nominate Mark for most competent living character)
(Competent for only an interpretation of the word.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: June 15, 2013, 09:38:08 pm »

[I'd say it would depend. Medicinal wise? Well, in a crazy, mad scientist, potential lifemage kind of way. Kind of like how Niklas is competent in cooking, and Kevin in tomfoolery.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: June 16, 2013, 12:27:16 am »

((Well I am the only character that is still with the group from the last chapter and I have achieved everything that I have set out to do ))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: June 16, 2013, 12:28:45 am »

[Indeed, it is rather amazing what Mark has survived.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: June 16, 2013, 01:31:53 am »

((a non full list just from what I remember
getting my legs eaten while saving a friend from that fate
getting launched twice with little damage
launched through a building then got up dusted myself off and speared the bitch who did it
hang glided off a flying house with a friend
leaping onto a flying octopus and killing it then turning it into a dress
making a sanity breaking face on a friend
fell up some stairs
meet a demon then got others soulbound to him
broke out of a magic dream with nothing but willpower
got soul-o-vision
guilt tripping the WHIPMAN with paper
nearly got my soul ripped in half
got covered in death mushrooms
and thats all that sticks out
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: June 16, 2013, 04:37:21 am »

In a potter's shop...

Scott grabs the four clay jars and heads back to the pier, whereupon he goes about unsealing one of the barrels.

[Strength roll: 6+1]

After punching a hole in the top of the barrel, Scott comes to the conclusion that this is a barrel of sauerkraut. He punches a hole in another one. Full of oranges. A third is filled with apples. Damn it, stupid useless barrels.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, looking at the shattered wreck that is Kevin, tries to illuminate a bright side to the whole thing.

"At least you didn't let Mark to put a hand on you. It denotes that you have some self respect left. Luckily, with somebody as good at transmuting as Erin, no physical impairment can be permanent."

He approaches Erin, who seems a tad busy figuring something out.

"It seems that we have another injured here. It appears that we aren't having good luck today."

"Indeed, good Mage Erin, could you please fix our friend good Jester Kevin here? We'd be most appreciative and in your debt more than we already are," Morton pitches in.

"In a bit. Gotta think."

She then makes an odd face as she gesticulates at the mast.

[Erin magic roll: 1+2-1-1]

The mast promptly shrinks and becomes a vaguely curly giant hair, the sail having disappeared altogether.

"Damn it!"

Sigmund, realizing that perhaps now is not the time, turns back to Morton.

"Shall we continue with our little trip? As you were saying, well, yes, everything has a bright side, as well as a dark one. The sun is my main impairment, but I have issues with other things, too."

"As we shall, Kevin is in the best hands available. Of course there are dark sides to things, one cannot have the light without the shadow after all, but it is to not let the shadows rule you, and to always harken to the light. At least, that's what I've always been told. But other issues? What more could be terrible as an impairment from something as incandescent as the sun?"

Seeing as Kevin may need to wait a bit, they head off to the Yaleson house, Morton leading the way. Fortunately, the egg-shaped stone-and-steel domicile is still in place. And in good shape, too. Probably because it's a day old at most.

Now, where to prepare the fungal garden from hell?

In a warehouse at the port...

Niklas, looking back at the skeleton, decides to smash its skull just to be sure.

[Strength roll: 6+1]

He pulverizes the skull with the greatest of ease. Well, now that that's done, what next?

In Joyous Hanford's Emporium of Biological Wonders...

Mark squashes the Metatablet and explains in writing that he really wants the two Special Writing Companions and one Happy-Happy.

"Wise choice, sir, wise choice," says Hanford as he takes 35 copper coins from Mark and hands him what he requested after whispering to the worms a little. "Perhaps I may interest in you several other of my wares as well - I possess the means to extend a subject's life well beyond a reasonable point as well as more efficient means of cerebral overriding, not to mention a few means of biological enhancement you may find useful - just say... well, write the word, and these things and more can be yours for a reasonable price!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: June 16, 2013, 04:58:16 am »

Jauntily head out, whistling a tune. Head to another buildi- DUCK AND ROLL TO COVER - ng.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: June 16, 2013, 05:41:48 am »

"Biological enhancement" Mark writes on the tablet interested.
((Be very afraid;)))
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: June 16, 2013, 06:14:10 am »

((... I think I may be slightly fucked. What's with the sudden double -1 to Erin's magic? At least I don't have blood for the Happy-Happy's to work on.))

Kevin did notice that even the transmuter's powers were becoming... Less reliable. Even so, he drags himself to the transmuter and tries to get some help, as no fate is worse than being fixed  by the skeleton.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: June 16, 2013, 09:22:10 am »

((The -1 probably comes from a failed intelligence roll))

Sigmund told to Morton:

-I will get some dry branches and leaves, you get some stones and prepare something to cantain the fire.

Sigmund then looks for some branches and flammable materials

((Also, Mark is the luckiest character, not the most competent))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: June 16, 2013, 10:53:44 am »

Morton nodded to Sigmund. "Of course good Sir Sigmund, if lumber is required the woodpile survived the changing of the domicile and it is [directions to the woodpile outside the house]. Would you like to do this inside, or perhaps outside the house? A, if I say so myself, decent fire pit is already prepared from earlier, although it is currently outside the manor, and a woodland animal may have savaged it in my leave." Morton goes to look for the fire pit he used to make the second batch of tea.

[Well, this may go quite easily considering everything needed has already been prepared.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: June 16, 2013, 11:09:34 am »

Sigmund replied to Morton:

-I'd rather do it in the outside, as I don't want to risk burning the house in the process. Not that it is likely to happen, but, well, my luck has been terrible recently. I don't think that we need a lot of wood, too, as this grows quite quickly. Remember how was Mark? We should try to not make a big fire.

[After getting the leaves, branches, etc.]

-So, where should I put this?

Sigmund puts the leaves in the fire pit and puts the pot with the mushrrom at the side of it, so that it recieves heat, but is not burnt in the process

-I recommend you to take a cautious distance from the mushroom once you lit the fire.

Sigmund then takes many steps back

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: June 16, 2013, 11:26:04 am »

Morton paused for a moment, remembering the mushroom riddled Mark. "Yes, I do remember. They were quite hard to get off, if I do say so, takes to scalding water much too pleasantly. The house is mostly stone, but I understand good Sir Sigmund, sometimes it seems like fate works against one to make failure spectacular and logic-defying." The undead butler stated matter-of-factly.

[If the firepit is found in serviceable use]

"In the pit, I shall start the fire and cover it with this flat rock, it makes a wonderful makeshift cooking surface. It will warm the pot up nice and evenly. It will also give a bit of a delay for the heat to affect it, I believe." Morton does so, letting Sigmund put in the tender as Morton sets aside everything needed, the pot with the failed mixture among them. The burned butler will set fire to the tender using his magical lighter, set the rock atop of it, using dirt as necessary to quell any intense fires that may or may not break out, and sets the pot with the failed mixture atop the stone.

Then the undead butler takes many steps back, akin to Sigmund.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: June 16, 2013, 01:05:05 pm »

Dammit, I'll just go buy some!
He says what he does. And vice versa.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 719