Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557247 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5070 on: June 02, 2013, 02:17:22 pm »

[I'm not familiar with Bernie but NOOOO! On another note, oh boy, stories from a mad captain!]

"I must admit I'm rather fond of stories, being a captain of a galley must be quite the adventurous life."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: June 02, 2013, 02:21:38 pm »

((Harry, if the person who soulbinded you dies, you will keep having will rolls until you die? Or, say, a 6 can save you?))

Rolls until you die. A roll of 4, 5 or 6 merely resets the malus to the next roll, a 6 (sum total, that is) postponing the next roll by a round. Theoretically (say, if you're the Whip Man), you could last a while. Though there are... other ways to survive as well. One of which we have already seen utilized and another that we have seen, but not in that particular context.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: June 02, 2013, 02:34:35 pm »

((I'm changing my action to this, as I don't want to waste a turn))
Sigmund decided to look for Scott, as he was the first one to have contact with the scammer. He found him in the shore, wet, by the body of one of the necromancers. He said, slightly agitated:

-What happened? Is he dead?

He then came closer to the body to examine it, and said to Scott:

-Well, that's a pity. But I don't really know if something can be done once his soul went to the afterlife. He was the necromancer, after all. Fortunately, there is another one the group, but I don't know if you want to tell him what you have done. I bet that you don't.

He then sigged and resumed his speech:

I'll tell you something: if you want to pretend that you weren't responsible for his death, you should at least get away from the crime scene, and make it appear that it was his fault. You can come with us if you feel like, and discharge all your grief with that scum who cheated us all. I won't tell anything.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: June 02, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »

[Tom, think you could try to bring him back as a vampire? Might work.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: June 02, 2013, 03:27:56 pm »

((Harry hasn't specified anything about that. Also, everybody will know what happened, and maybe Bernie won't like being turned into an undead. Also, I think that the person has to be alive beforehand to become a vampire.

But all this vampire stuff made me remember a doubt I had since the first chapter of this: what on Earth is beavergoating/beaversnailgoating?????))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: June 02, 2013, 03:30:44 pm »

[Maybe, but isn't undead talked about here as instead just reinforcing the soul's attachment to its body after its passed? Its certainly possible to bring him back to life, if you work quickly. The other necromancer, for instance, or something. Its worth a shot.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: June 02, 2013, 03:33:28 pm »

((I will wait for Scott's reaction first, then I will se what Sigmund does. I don't think that Harry would like to give an archetype the power to resurrect people))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: June 02, 2013, 04:54:23 pm »

Scott will remember something about his master mentioning consequences about killing off servants, he will then mentally link that to the actual feeling of pain he is well...feeling.

Scott will then run to the Artiste, completely ignoring Sigmund, and try to explain the situation!

Uhhh...Master, Bernie is...well dead. I knocked him into the water to have some fun with him, but when I pulled him out he was as cold as the grave. Pardon the expression. However, he doesn't appear to have actually died of water inhalation, I can't explain it. Also, I seem to be actually feeling pain, true agonising pain! Could you help me understand that as well please?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:59:12 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: June 02, 2013, 04:57:12 pm »

Sigmund, noticing that Scott wants to tell the rest what happened, will stop him from leaving, and say:

-Well, I think that it would be better if you take the corpse to them, maybe the other necromancer can help.

Sigmund will then help Scott to carry the corpse

EDIT: after that, go back with the scammer-hunting party

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: June 02, 2013, 06:24:35 pm »

A tavern?! I'll kill the sunuvabitch, stating at an establishment that serves drink but not food ... or am I thinking of a bar? Taverns have kitchens.

Go with whoever is going to look for the scammer to look for the scammer!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:42 am »

A tavern?! I'll kill the sunuvabitch, stating at an establishment that serves drink but not food ... or am I thinking of a bar? Taverns have kitchens.

Go with whoever is going to look for the scammer to look for the scammer!
(follow me)
Mark leads the murder conga to the inn remembering fond memory's of doing the same with Yorinnsud
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: June 03, 2013, 05:23:35 am »

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, realizing that Scott has invariably gotten killed or made a great many things exponentially worse while left alone, decides to look for him. Not to mention that he's the one who's presumably spoken most to the good "captain".

It turns out that he is right! Scott has indeed failed to surprise anyone once again. This time, he appears to have killed a team member!

"What happened? Is he dead?" he asks of Scott, who fails to respond in a meaningful fashion, leading Sigmund to presume that the fellow is indeed rather dead. He looks at the corpse of Bernie with a somewhat indifferent eye.

"Well, that's a pity. But I don't really know if something can be done once his soul went to the afterlife. He was the necromancer, after all. Fortunately, there is another one the group, but I don't know if you want to tell him what you have done. I bet that you don't," he says, sure of his correct evaluation of Scott's character.

"I'll tell you something: if you want to pretend that you weren't responsible for his death, you should at least get away from the crime scene, and make it appear that it was his fault. You can come with us if you feel like, and discharge all your grief with that scum who cheated us all. I won't tell anything," he says, ever the helper and now potentially far richer in blackmail material.

However, Scott has a different opinion. He, completely ignoring Sigmund, immediately storms toward the ship. Sigmund attempts to stop the runaway zombie.

[Stopping: Sigmund vs. Scott: 2-1 vs. 4]

Unfortunately, he, being weak as a kitten in daylight, hardly possesses the bulk needed for such an endeavor, and Scott easily pushes him aside. Well, better pick up the corpse anyway.

[Sigmund strength roll: 6-1]

He picks the necromancer up and nonchalantly walks up to the ship, where Scott has already reached the Artiste.

"Uhhh... Master, Bernie is... well, dead. I knocked him into the water to have some fun with him, but when I pulled him out he was as cold as the grave. Pardon the expression. However, he doesn't appear to have actually died of water inhalation, I can't explain it. Also, I seem to be actually feeling pain, true agonizing pain! Could you help me understand that as well, please?"

The Artiste nods and smiles at Scott.

"So, you inadvertently killed my minion while pursuing a rather stupid idea based on nothing but sheer pettiness? Well, good luck."

Scott looks at the Artiste perplexedly as Sigmund arrives with Bernie's mortal remains. He feels a tad better now, though he can't really explain why.

"Ah, there he is! Hi, Bernie!"

He walks up to Bernie and looks at his deadened features for a second, then looks at the sky, closing his eyes and shaking his head.

"Alas, poor Bernie. Taken from us before he could prove to be more than marginally useful! Why couldn't fate take Scott instead? Why, fate? What have I done to you to deserve such treatment?"

He shakes his fist at the heavens, then looks at Sigmund.

"Empty his pockets and dump our dear departed friend overboard, will you, dear Sigmund? And then hand me his stuff as well, I have a story to listen to."

"Maybe somebody should CRAFT A MOVING EULOGY?"

"Oh no, he's not nearly dear enough for that."

"OKAY THEN! STORY TIME!"

Morton, wisely deciding to stay out of this whole accidental murder business, gets into the discussion of story time.

"I must admit I'm rather fond of stories, being a captain of a galley must be quite the adventurous life."

"Only when the CARGO is SUFFICIENTLY DANGEROUS! Which is, ADMITTEDLY, frequently. Still, I COULD TELL YOU about a PLACE. It's called KINGRAPE ISLAND, and it's ACTUALLY not too far from here. USED TO BE a mainstay in MARITIME STORIES, though now they DON'T SPEAK OF IT MUCH from what I know. Or I could relay a PERSONAL ADVENTURE, if you PREFER. Or a tale of THE HORRORS OF THE SEA OF DEATH. Which would YOU like?"

"No real preference, I'd say. What about you, Morton?"

Back outside the ship, Niklas expresses his terrible rage over the scammer's presumable choice of locale.

"A tavern?! I'll kill the sunuvabitch, stating at an establishment that serves drink but not food... or am I thinking of a bar? Taverns have kitchens."

Mark, however, is in no position to answer him, as he is too busy leading the way to someplace he doesn't know the location of. Luckily, there is nothing about his looks that may betray such an ignorance. After all, how hard could it be to find an inn in a port town?

As it turns out, not very! Why, there's one scarcely half a kilometer away - the Feisty Jelly is its name, and it looks to be fairly full of people at the present time.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:25:57 am by Harry Baldman »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:37 am »

Scott will look at the Artiste incredulously.

"I didn't kill him! He was in the water for no more than 30 seconds! And seriously, casually insulting me akin to complaining about a squeaky chair?! SERIOUSLY?! I am sorry I don;t seem to be suited to anything usful, because I was a stay-at-home husband! I trained as a clerk for gods sakes!"

Scott will storm off after the 'lynch mob' stalking the taverns.

"If you really want to complain about me killing people, whilst I didn't, I will then go and actually do such! I will murder so many fecking people you will die of old age before you could summon enough enrgy to raise them all! Speaking of raising, if you loved the little bastard so much, why didn't it occur to you to raise him!? Apparently I am not the only one cursed with uselessness at the present moment!"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:14:36 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: June 03, 2013, 06:37:53 am »

Mark will keep an eye on the exits to prevent the man from leaving
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: June 03, 2013, 08:16:09 am »

Sigmund, not wanting to hear Scott's conversation, looted Bernie's corpse and moved it to where the Artiste and Scott were talking, and said:

-You'd better decide whether you want to use necromancy on him or not. I'm sorry, but I'm missing my opportunity to take revenge to that false captain, I've got to leave.

Sigmund, before leaving to find the murder conga, hands all the contents of Bernie's corpse to the Artiste.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 719