Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 557220 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #5040 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:47 pm »

[Truly Squidloon took one for the team there, saving us all. He shan't be forgotten!]

Morton watched the mages get to work, looking at Sigmund. "I believe it might be best suited if I were to stay here, for now at least, dreadfully sorry Sir Sigmund. I wish you luck in your endeavor however, and you may borrow my weapon if you'd like for the task." The undead butler offered Sigmund a rubber oar with horrible filth and a burned rag, stuck on with said filth, on the paddle end of it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: June 01, 2013, 03:54:15 pm »

Sigmund replied to Morton:

-Thank you, sir, but I have already acquired weapons.

He then shows his two tomahawks, and continues:

-But, well, do what you you wish, sir. I just hope Niklas doesn't cause you any problems. If you think that it is inconvenient for the group to have him here, just tell him to come with us.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: June 01, 2013, 04:39:24 pm »

Morton shook his head. "Chef Niklas doesn't cause problems, I've not known him to make any that aren't big enough to clean with a bit of work and dedication. It's up to Chef Niklas as to what he wishes to do, I'm just his friend and helper."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: June 01, 2013, 04:49:22 pm »

Sigmund replied to Morton before letting Scott carry him to wherever was he going to look for the false captain:

-I admire your optimism. I wish you good luck. I hope he next time we met again we will be some gold coins richer.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: June 01, 2013, 07:32:15 pm »

Niklas sighed in longing.
I'd like a kitchen like that...but back to business. We need to get a refund, do we not? While its confusing that the demongodartist didn't soul bind the mages who ran the ship, I'll go with you to ... get a refund from the ticket guy.
He looks at the cat on his arm.
What do you think, Sven?
Mrrow.
Good, it's settled then! Let's go get a refund!
And possibly cook the guy.

Niklas remembers the other thing he put in the cake.
Heh. Hope they like that tiger I put in the cake.

Accompany Sigmund on his scammer hunt!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: June 01, 2013, 09:21:48 pm »

Mark follows niklas hopeful this time there will be something !FUN! to do like !MEDICINE!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: June 01, 2013, 09:48:48 pm »

(I've become the beacon of crazy, haven't I?)
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: June 01, 2013, 10:04:20 pm »

[Well, there is the culinary dark arts. And the cake. And the 'constantly naked' thing that people forget about. Conversely, Morton is probably the sanest of the bunch, which is a mixed-blessing in this kind of game. Since in this game that's more of a countdown before going full tea-apostle.]

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: June 01, 2013, 10:21:20 pm »

(I've become the beacon of crazy, haven't I?)
when are you not a beacon of crazy awesome
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: June 02, 2013, 12:22:08 am »

"Any ideas? Guys?"
Look around. A lot.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: June 02, 2013, 02:05:12 am »

At the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund, supposing he has nothing better to do, proposes a plan!

"What about if, while the mages do their stuff, we hunt down that scammer? He owes us both money and time."

This sentiment does appear to echo in the minds of the surrounding undead. Scott, meanwhile, babbles at nobody in particular.

"Oi, you lot! Any chance you could magic up the ship a bit to make me feel better? I'll pay you..."

"What're ya talking about?"

Scott doesn't immediately answer, handing the box to the Artiste and looking at Bernie. Hm. He looks to be standing right on the edge of the pier, looking at the sea with a mix of peevishness and crushing boredom. Perfect!

[Bump: Scott vs. Bernie: 3 vs. 1-1]

Scott casually strolls up to the necromancer and bumps into him, making him lose his balance and plummet into the water below with a subdued, yet girly yell.

[Bernie swimming roll: 2]

Hm, he looks to have swallowed quite a bit of water. Not to mention somewhat failed at flotation. He appears to be sinking! Huh.

"Whoops. How clumsy of me."

Despite the somewhat large amount of noise, nobody seems to have noticed him fall in. The perfect crime. He then harries Sigmund with his knife, though the guy appears to have other business with Morton, who doesn't look like he's about to follow the rest.

"I believe it might be best suited if I were to stay here, for now at least, dreadfully sorry Sir Sigmund. I wish you luck in your endeavor however, and you may borrow my weapon if you'd like for the task," he says, offering his delightfully grubby rubber oar.

Scott, meanwhile, is starting to feel a tad strange. A feeling of great unease assaults him.

"Thank you, sir, but I have already acquired weapons," Sigmund replies, brandishing his tomahawks. "But, well, do what you you wish, sir. I just hope Niklas doesn't cause you any problems. If you think that it is inconvenient for the group to have him here, just tell him to come with us."

"Chef Niklas doesn't cause problems, I've not known him to make any that aren't big enough to clean with a bit of work and dedication. It's up to Chef Niklas as to what he wishes to do, I'm just his friend and helper."

"I admire your optimism. I wish you good luck. I hope the next time we meet again we will be some gold coins richer."

Niklas, as is customary when one's name is uttered, joins the conversation, sighing sadly.

"I'd like a kitchen like that...but back to business. We need to get a refund, do we not? While its confusing that the demongodartist didn't soul bind the mages who ran the ship, I'll go with you to... get a refund from the ticket guy."

"I doubt it would make that much of a difference - the ship is somewhat hot property, as they say in the parlance of the times. Not to mention that it's owned by the closest thing this silly world has to a magic police. I have certain reservations about announcing myself in such a manner. Those people talk to gods and demons far too much."

However, Niklas is a tad beyond the point of caring about such details at this point.

"What do you think, Sven?" he asks the cat. The cat meows resignedly and with a certain dignity resembling that of a man on the day of his hanging.

"Good, it's settled then! Let's go get a refund!"

... nonchalant culinary pause...

"And possibly cook the guy."

Before moving along, he remembers the thing in the cake he didn't even see yet.

"Heh. Hope they like that tiger I put in the cake."

He then moves to accompany Sigmund, who appears to be waiting for Scott to poke him in the right direction. Scott, meanwhile, is staring blankly into the distance and blinking slowly. Mark also joins the exploratory conga line right behind his new designated leader, selected in a process known colloquially as the Path of Most Bat Guano.

Meanwhile, Evelyn appears to be trying to figure out why her magical expertise only seems to work half the time. She looks at Erin coldly and experiments with hand gestures before shaking her head.

"Perhaps later."

"Aw. Well, let's say hello to the captain, then."

All the mages, minus Bernie, step onto the boat.

Back in Emlocke...

Darren looks around carefully. There's certainly nothing to be seen, though there is certainly something around.

"Any ideas? Guys?"

The whip man nods and rushes forth into the alley!

[Whip Man attack roll: 1+2]

He swings his bladed whip around in a rather strange fashion. What's even stranger is that he manages to draw blood. Twice. That is, until something catches him by it, something Darren can't quite see. The whip man then does a strange dance in the thin air, avoiding something that seems to lightly slice along his robe.

"No ideas."

[Master magic roll: 5+1]

The dog barks in the direction of the whip man, though not in such a way as to directly hit him.

[Whip Man endurance roll: 6+1]

The whip man laughs as the wave clips him slightly. There is a slight groan from the thin air as something seems to collapse like a sack of potatoes.

"Invisible minions. Be careful."

Just then, the whip man begins to dodge wildly and swing his whip, hitting something rather pronouncedly, as evidenced by a spurt of blood and the sound of a screech, followed by a crash to the ground. The whip man then receives a stab to the side, looks like, ducks strangely and swings again, though nothing appears to be hit by it.

All in all, perplexing.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:25:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: June 02, 2013, 02:12:33 am »

...you guys DO remember where the guy who sold you the tickets was, right?
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: June 02, 2013, 02:33:50 am »

Scott examines this weird feeling, and where it could stem from.
He will help Bernie if it actually looks like the sap might drown.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: June 02, 2013, 03:32:40 am »

Mark keeps lookout for anything for transplants while staying with niklas
(The Path of most Bat Guano is now the only way I will pick leaders from now on in anything)
My Sig

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: June 02, 2013, 06:59:55 am »

((Omg D: I might actually kill bernie. I rather like him ;.; ))
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:52:02 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 719