Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556287 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6270 on: August 01, 2013, 02:58:16 am »

"Eh... You're dead and I'm made of demonic tissue, so no, thanks."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: August 01, 2013, 03:34:49 am »

It's harmless.
Glug
"Eh... You're dead and I'm made of demonic tissue, so no, thanks."
siggy
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: August 01, 2013, 04:19:31 am »

In the den of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, determined to reject this reality and substitute his own, does exactly as the man says and focuses hard, channels desires and whatnot, does all those things!

[Focus roll: 6]

He feels his being change, his body alter subtly, adapt to a certain desire made into reality. He feels... very different all of a sudden. Like nothing will ever be the same for him from here. Power flows through him from a strange source, possibly the universe itself, and he feels he can utilize it, and utilize it well! However, he isn't sure why, but he feels an uncommon kinship to all chairs.

"Looks like it worked. Well, I'll be going now, then. Holler if you need me," Kruub says, leaving for the moment. However, Niklas isn't left in solitude for long, as Helsva and Torkel, confident that his business is at an end, approach.

"What did you do, Niklas?"

"You look different now, dad! What's up?"

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Sigmund decides to confirm Erin's suspicions that Tailor Craig most certainly is not all he appears.

"Craig's appearance is not how he really is. He looks much worse, actually, but he has a kind of spell which he can deactivate at will to show his terrifying appearance. I think that Morton heard the whole story about that."

Morton, not entirely in the mood for story time, corroborates briefly.

"I suppose I can share the story to fill the time, if you'd like, won't be as well explained as how good Tailor Craig explained it, but I think it should suffice. Its a touch long, though, would probably take me more time than we have in my telling of it."

"I guess I'll ask 'im later, then. Seems like an amiable sort, that guy. No need to get secondhand info, y'know?"

Scott, rather peeved at the lack of response on these guys' part, tries to convince them to try some of this stuff.

"It's harmless," he says, chugging down a bit of the stuff and somehow not immediately disintegrating. Not that such a thing could happen, of course. Kevin, though, is still not convinced.

"Eh... you're dead and I'm made of demonic tissue, so no, thanks."

"Yeah, and I don't wanna get drunk. Still got magic to do. Probably."

Tailor Craig and the Artiste still haven't left the captain's quarters. Dang, what's taking so long?

At Karina's home...

Darren keeps on trying to ascertain more about this place from Karina.

"Well, there's other people like us in this place, right? Not crazy ones?"

Karina's tone of voice becomes slightly conspiratorial as she lowers her voice.

"To be honest, they're all weird somehow - even Danielle, lately. Hence I haven't spoken to them much. They've changed, they're no longer like they used to be. Something's wrong with the entire neighborhood - don't trust any of them."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: August 01, 2013, 07:36:14 am »

Sigmund was getting impatient, so he said:

-How odd, Mark hasn't arrived yet, should we go looking after him at the bookstore?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: August 01, 2013, 07:45:54 am »

"Oh, yeah. I wonder why he isn't back. I hope he didn't pull any stupid shit."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: August 01, 2013, 07:58:46 am »

Sigmund replied to Kevin:

-That's the motive that actually concerns me. I wonder what had he tried to do, I actually gave him a coin to buy a book, so, with a bit of common sense, which is something he lacks, he should be already back here.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: August 01, 2013, 08:50:36 am »

Sigmund replied to Kevin:

-That's the motive that actually concerns me. I wonder what had he tried to do, I actually gave him a coin to buy a book, so, with a bit of common sense, which is something he lacks, he should be already back here.
((I got bored alright and I still call bullshit on 10 guards coming down on me for petty theft in minutes ))
Mark waits in the cell amusing him self thinking on the crazy stuff he as already done in his short second life.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: August 01, 2013, 09:00:07 am »

Damnit, I spent money on trying to get you idiots to calm down, stay on the ship and actually do something constructive to the masters plans!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: August 01, 2013, 09:23:56 am »

((Well, I'd hardly call 13 gold coins worth petty theft.))
"Are we going to look for him?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: August 01, 2013, 10:21:20 am »

Sigmund said:

-I think that we should do so. I followed him once to see what he was up to and he ended diving treehead-first into a well. It was odd.

Suddenly, he was struck by a doubt, so he turned to Erin and asked:

-Is there any psychological side-effects of transmuting?

((I think that we should get going, but I don't want to take the initiative, if possible))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: August 01, 2013, 10:37:11 am »

((I don't want to take the initiative either.))
"Let's go, then."
Head back to the bookstore, inquire about Mark.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: August 01, 2013, 10:58:33 am »

Sigmund thanks Erin for her reply, then follows Kevin to the bookstore

((Yeah, I know, but if I do so, we can lose a turn because the RNG thinks it's funny))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: August 01, 2013, 11:53:37 am »

((Oh, right, crossroads. Forgot about those. Metagaming ho!))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: August 01, 2013, 01:03:57 pm »

I'm honestly not sure. I feel different, but I'm still a chair. What happened?

Muse.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:05 pm »

He listens for a moment and nods.
"Well... We won't get anywhere talking about this here though."
Pausing to think for a moment, he sits silently.
"I could ask around in the village up there, but they won't know much... How do you mean the others are weird now?"
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 719