Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556384 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #6301 on: August 02, 2013, 11:26:48 am »

Hmm, go to the captains quarters.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: August 02, 2013, 11:40:16 am »

No no, it's all right.
What sort of wierd things can Kruub do? I never really found out.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: August 02, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »

At Brenwicke's Books...

In order to prevent any possibility of Sigmund or himself worsening the situation, Kevin drags his good buddy right out of the store, no questions asked.

"I guess we'll have to head to the prison, then?" he sort-of asks of his sort-of buddy when they are outside.

"Yes, it seems like we will have to rescue him. I hope he has not made things worse."

Kevin nods, then follows Sigmund's lead as they look for someplace that may resemble a prison. Well, he mostly follows - he takes the lead when Sigmund gets shakes at the crossroads, although this is but a brief happening in comparison to the general state of things.

They are, however, entirely unsuccessful in locating a prison of any kind. The signage of this town is terrible. Woeful, even. What kind of town doesn't even have the common human courtesy to point all its inhabitants to the county jail?

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott, ever the busy little bee, keeps on looking, but better this time! Maybe the lazy bum has finally moved to the captain's quarters and... no, wait, he's on deck, examining the barrel of the Special. Sneaky fella must have phased through walls to get here.

"I THOUGHT I smelled DEATH! I found BOOZE, though! If only EVERYONE WAS THIS LUCKY!"

In the den of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas tries to figure out what the hell's going on, as he is most terribly confused. This plays to his advantage, as he can now obtain both exposition and bonding in one fell swoop!

"No, no, it's all right," he says, considering what exactly to ask. Moments later, he's got it.

"What sort of weird things can Kruub do? I never really found out."

"Oh, he can do miracles, dad! He comes out of his cave once in a while, and he makes it rain and he makes it shine, he makes the fields grow fertile and the cows give lots of milk! And he makes it so that the opposite happens to the other villages, so that we're the best around!"

"Don't be silly, Torkel. Kruub doesn't do any of that, pestilent sack of lies that he is. He does his hedge-magic in his dung-cave, impressing the villages with great big light shows when he comes out, cheating them out of their money. Says he makes dreams come true, but it's just light he's playing with, not actual things. And when you ask him about it, he asks what the difference is, the cheeky old weirdo. So proud of his light-mastery, he is, and still lives in a cave made of Hermepalltrokkgjar dung. Some master of mysteries."

"But he does cool things, mom! Makes monsters appear and the spirits of the dead speak!"

"They're not-" Helsvar begins exasperatedly, but stops midway, devoting a moment of thought to whatever the issue might be. "Well, I'll explain sometime later. He is still not one you should wish to be like - he is a fiendish old man, and you are better off following your father's example in any case."

Torkel looks at his mother curiously, but seemingly chooses to drop the matter for now, though probably not for too long.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: August 02, 2013, 07:19:33 pm »

"I've honestly not the slightest, good Mage Erin. Even I'm quite shocked at all the damage that seems to be wrought upon the second-chancers of us, although I'm not usually there to witness much of it. Indeed, the worst injury I've seen us sustain would of been good Sir Sigmund getting his lower torso crushed by a sapient tree. I feel rather sad that I have to say that this is only the worst that I've seen instead of that which has happened." Morton obliged an answer, and after a short paused added another comment.

"...Well, I suppose there is Sir Scott having of gotten badly wounded, but I arrived much too late to do much to prevent that. That was... Certainly an interesting scene to stumble upon. I don't believe I've gotten lost yet either, although I do admit to perhaps taking more time than I should with things, and I do apologize for that."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: August 02, 2013, 07:30:11 pm »

Sigmund finds a passing guard and asks:

-Excuse me, good sir, would you be so kind to tell me where the prison is? I heard that someone who owes me money probably ended up there.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: August 02, 2013, 07:38:02 pm »

"Are you sure you'll be safe? I mean, what if they come up here?"

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: August 03, 2013, 02:16:06 am »

"Help yourself, by the way, how are we, untrained in sailing, supposed to get the ship ready for voyage?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: August 03, 2013, 02:24:18 am »

Well, I feel different, somehow. Don't know how, but different.
Seriously now, how are you two here? Kruub I can understand, but as far as I know you two don't know any magic.

More musings!
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: August 03, 2013, 04:08:52 am »

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Morton, having devoted some thought to the matter, speaks on the tendency toward mutilation and wandering off somewhere among his wondrous fellows.

"I've honestly not the slightest, good Mage Erin. Even I'm quite shocked at all the damage that seems to be wrought upon the second-chancers of us, although I'm not usually there to witness much of it. Indeed, the worst injury I've seen us sustain would've been good Sir Sigmund getting his lower torso crushed by a sapient tree. I feel rather sad that I have to say that this is only the worst that I've seen instead of that which has happened."

He pauses to think.

"... well, I suppose there is Sir Scott having of gotten badly wounded, but I arrived much too late to do much to prevent that. That was... certainly an interesting scene to stumble upon. I don't believe I've gotten lost yet either, although I do admit to perhaps taking more time than I should with things, and I do apologize for that."

"Eh, what can ya do? That's how adventure works, I guess. Ya get distracted, then get either rich or mutilated. Or both."

As they muse, Scott initiates communication with the distracted Captain.

"Help yourself, by the way, how are we, untrained in sailing, supposed to get the ship ready for voyage?"

"That is a VERY GOOD QUESTION. Fortunately, TRUE SAILING is actually SIMPLE ENOUGH that you could TRAIN APES TO DO IT! And I should KNOW! Why, I SWEAR that my crew MAY OR MAY NOT have been HALF-APE at ANY GIVEN TIME. Or so it SEEMED, at any rate. To be honest, I AM MORE WORRIED ABOUT NAVIGATION. Those POOR NAVIGATORS. They have a TOUGH LOT IN LIFE."

In the streets of Shriekpot...

Sigmund tries to find a patrolling guard of some sort. Fortunately, there is one just nearby! Sigmund, glad that the long arm of the law truly reaches everywhere, approaches said fellow.

"Excuse me, good sir, would you be so kind to tell me where the prison is? I heard that someone who owes me money probably ended up there."

"You don't say? Well, the prison's a ways out of town, but I'm not sure you want to go there - they don't permit visitors. You could go to the headquarters of the guard, maybe set up an appointment - it's in the trade district, looks like a keep, with seven towers and a circular exterior wall. Difficult to miss, but if you do, go to the center, walk down Cooper Street, should be easy to locate. I could take you there, actually - need to make a report, anyway."

At Karina's home...

Darren realizes there's still an unanswered question here.

"Are you sure you'll be safe? I mean, what if they come up here?"

Karina smiles.

"I appreciate your concern, but I should be safe. I live far from where they are - with the exception of Danielle, the others live deeper inside, closer to danger - I'm sure they've got something worked out with the deepers, and I want no part of it. And they don't like to venture far from their haunts - well, except this one guy, but I don't think he hangs around here anymore. I think he went to live deeper."

In the den of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas tries to arrive at the truth through well-placed doubt.

"Well, I feel different, somehow. Don't know how, but different."

He then realizes that something bugs him.

"Seriously now, how are you two here? Kruub I can understand, but as far as I know you two don't know any magic.

"Maybe we're here because we should be here, kinda like Kruub? It kinda makes sense."

"Or maybe it's the power of love. But yes, I do feel like I should be here, somehow. Like something greater than both of us has brought me here, my love."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: August 03, 2013, 04:33:30 am »

Hmm. Greater than both of us ... what do you think, Torkel?
Honestly, I'm not sure how I even know you're there. I have no senses, and while sensory deprovation isn't new to me, I'm not sure of how I know you're with me. Hmm...

Listen to Torkel's opinion, review knowledge of this kind of thing.
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: August 03, 2013, 05:40:05 am »

"Eh, alright then. Let's go, I guess."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: August 03, 2013, 09:25:21 am »

Sigmund told to Kevin:

-Yes, I think that we should make an appointment to see if Mark is there.

He then turned to the guard:

-Well, we will follow you, if it is not much of a bother.

Follow the guard to the headquarters.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: August 03, 2013, 10:34:31 am »

"Train me to sail then."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: August 03, 2013, 03:54:09 pm »

"Well, without that excuse, I guess I'll be leaving now. Hate to make a god angry after all. Maybe I'll see you later."
Leave.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 719