Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 556682 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4365 on: April 29, 2013, 07:42:30 am »

In the home of the Artiste...

Scott looks around for some sort of water source.

Luckily, there still seems to be some spring water lying around nearby. He takes a bucket of it and walks up to the Artiste, splashing him in the face with it.

The Artiste slowly opens his eyes.

"Ship's ready, 'Master'. Use that damned woo-woo you have to get your body jumping."

"How about 'no'? Go and jump off the stairs from the top floor toward the ground floor immediately. If you're alright, do so again. Thank you."

Scott feels the lash of the mental command, unwillingly goes over to the stairs and jumps off them, falling three floors. The Artiste, meanwhile, goes back to sleep.

[Scott landing roll: 2-1]

And he does indeed land very poorly, right on his head, in fact.

[Endurance roll: 2]

This results in his skull cracking open and a rather sizable amount brain tissue leaking out and splattering on the concrete floor. What are you gonna do, eh?

[Will roll: 5]

Scott slowly gets up, shaking off a bit of dizziness, thinks about whether he can be said to be alright. Probably not, he guesses. He believes he may now be completely incapable of something. Unfortunately, he isn't sure what that something is. It's probably nothing important, he supposes. Nothing he can remember, anyway.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:48:59 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: April 29, 2013, 07:45:18 am »

Sigmund, having established the terms of his relationship wih the stone, tried to use it.

He walked some feet away from everyone else, and triedd to levitate a little bit.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:12 am »

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund takes the stone and steps away from the others.

Okay, so... how to use this? Hm. Willpower, he supposes.

[Will roll: 5]

~You could just tell me what you want me to do, you know. I'm not some dumb and oppressed stone that doesn't comprehend words and can only be made to do anything through sheer imposition of willpower.~

~Not seeing it right now. Only sensing yammering.~

~Oh, alright.~

[Stone levitation roll: 6+1]

The stone starts rising upwards rapidly along with Sigmund, lifting off to a height of about seventy five meters above ground!

~See? It's really quite simple.~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: April 29, 2013, 08:11:39 am »

[Ouch. XP]

Scott will repack his brain and go bind his head, cursing his master.
He will head back to the port [again  ::)] in an effort to smooth over the earlier incident of his impatience.
He will try to find people strong and capable to press-gang into a small personal crew, he'll start at the local floating pub.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: April 29, 2013, 09:15:32 am »

The view of the sky form this height was shocking. Sigmund was able to fly! But he suddenly felt a bit nauseous. He said to the stone:

This, is, just amazing! I can't believe that you were forced to stay in a box while you could do this!. Now, make me descend slowly to the ground so I can tell those mages that you deserved a to be treated in a better manner.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: April 29, 2013, 09:20:08 am »

Niklas, meanwhile, has begun to negotiate with the mages to have them make a dragon body for the stone.
He might resort to intimidation to get his way if it's going badly.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: April 29, 2013, 10:27:35 am »

((inb4 Sigmund splats on the ground due to a quadruple 1 roll.))
Kevin was surprised that Morton left him so suddenly, they had checked out some ships, after all, and had to report back to their "master". Kevin wasn't too sure on what to do now, as he could hardly report their finds alone, that, and he hadn't been paying too much attention to the negotiations. So he just figures it's best to chase after Morton and go check out some more ships.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: April 29, 2013, 10:53:10 am »

((I won't, the stone has a natural +1, so I won't die from a 1, but maybe from a 6))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: April 29, 2013, 11:42:30 am »

In the home of the Artiste...

Scott, feeling a tad confused, tries to gather up his splattered brains and bind his head up nicely.

Fortunately, there are rags easily found in the near vicinity. Scott tucks the wayward tissues into his skull, then wraps a brain-saving bandana around his smashed head. There, good as new. He then takes a moment to curse the Artiste and heads out back to port, as he is clearly not wanted here. Hmph.

After a short ride on the horse, he goes back to the Festive Pelican, looking for men of loose moral fiber and no willpower to join him. Well, no shortage of such people here - most of them look to be have a shortage of moral fiber and not a smidgen of willpower. Then again, this may be because they're drunk. Scott walks up to a group and gives them an offer they should not refuse or he'll get mad.

[Convincing roll: 4+1-2]

"You there! Scum! Come join me as slaves to sail the high seas! It'll be fun!"

At one of the tables, a man bolts up from his seat!

"I'll follow this man to the ends of the-"

He doesn't manage to finish his sentence, as he is interrupted by his own retching, which results in him falling over and covering the floor in yet another layer of finely spread vomit. Clearly, these are men of skill and strength.

In the air above the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund skips back and forth from excitement to slight discomfort at the height he's currently at. Better do something about it.

~This... is... just amazing! I can't believe that you were forced to stay in a box while you could do this! Now, make me descend slowly to the ground so I can tell those mages that you deserved to be treated in a better manner.~

~Oh, I know, dear master, I certainly do.~

[Stone levitation roll: 5+1]

Sigmund and the stone are both rapidly lowered downward, only to see Niklas negotiating with the mages.

"... and THAT is why you must give the baby stone the body of a stout dragon, a true warrior of the skies!"

"Well... I'm not really that sure. After all, dragons don't actually exist, so I'm not sure how they actually work. I suppose I could make a wyvern, though. Les?"

"Let's go, then."

[Les magic roll: 5]

One of the old men lifts up his arms and the ground shifts, a large rock sticking out from it and reshaping itself in the shape of a large wyvern! It looks positively beastly, with a massive stinger at its tail and a wingspan of about ten meters.

[Old Woman 2 magic roll: 6]

The statue soon becomes very living indeed, screeching into the night and flapping its wings as stone becomes something entirely different - some sort of black, elastic, flexible material that neither Sigmund nor Niklas can quite place. The old woman glances at her handiwork.

"I was hoping it would be less... savage, but what can you do. Should still be largely mindless."

The stone sounds excited as it speaks into Sigmund's mind.

~Ooh, ooh, throw me into its mouth!~

At the home of the Artiste...

Kevin laments Morton's woeful attention span as he follows the zombie back to town. He watches as the apostle of the tea leaf stops to appreciate the harbor and the sheer variety of ships available.

Man, that guy loves to soliloquize.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: April 29, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »

"Ah, hello grand jester Kevin, nice of you to meet me again! So soon even, I trust you got your business done? I was going to try and find more ships so as to give a nice range of options for our new Master. Care to join me?" Morton offered the skeleton as he made his way towards the ships, looking for one that could hold eleven some people for a possible long voyage. "While the first ship we saw was nice, it was a tad pricy in my opinion, although a lovely ship and polite captain. The other ship didn't really offer us anything, sadly, just an odd man who ran off to see his captain. Didn't even know what harbor he was in, how long was he down there to not know such?" He shrugged, before continuing. "Either way, let us check out some of these fine vessels to see if any captains would hopefully offer us a price for voyage."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: April 29, 2013, 12:31:43 pm »

Kevin, not seeing anything else to do and finding Morton's poker flimsy when compared to his bow, decides to follow him again.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: April 29, 2013, 01:21:14 pm »

Sigumnd doubted about doing what the stone wanted, what if it was destroyed while trying to enter the beast?

He said to the stone:

-Wait, what if you end up being destroyed in the process? Let me ask the mages first.

He then turned to the mages and asked:

-Is there any dangers for the stone to enter that construct? Also, what meterial is that?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: April 29, 2013, 02:02:03 pm »

At the harbor of Shriekpot...

Morton notices that Kevin has joined him. Now he can stop soliloquizing and merely provide convenient and more plausible exposition instead!

"Ah, hello, grand jester Kevin, nice of you to meet me again! So soon even, I trust you got your business done? I was going to try and find more ships so as to give a nice range of options for our new Master. Care to join me? While the first ship we saw was nice, it was a tad pricy in my opinion, although a lovely ship and polite captain. The other ship didn't really offer us anything, sadly, just an odd man who ran off to see his captain. Didn't even know what harbor he was in, how long was he down there to not know such? Either way, let us check out some of these fine vessels to see if any captains would hopefully offer us a price for voyage."

Kevin shrugs vaguely, feeling a certain loss of control over his own life. Together, they form a searching squad that will comb the wretched depths of this filthy harbor!

After about an hour of searching, they notice an ornate, noisy ship, several totally ordinary merchant vessels and an antiquated galley.

At the home of the Eight Old People...

Sigmund listens to the stone's request, then interviews the mages.

~Wait, what if you end up being destroyed in the process? Let me ask the mages first.~

There is a faint grumbling from the stone.

"Is there any danger for the stone to enter that construct? Also, what material is that?"

"Well, it could safely assume control of the creature. That's pretty dangerous. And it's made of this thing called rubber - it's very bouncy and elastic. Fun to make things out of."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: April 29, 2013, 02:04:39 pm »

[Heh, a rubber wyvern. Well, at least you won't have to worry about him accidentally killing you, but you will have to worry about him being overloaded from all the new senses that's about to compound fracture his sapience.]

"Hm, lets try that ship, certainly seems lively!" Morton makes his way to the ornate, noisy ship.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: April 29, 2013, 02:07:11 pm »

Sigmund, looking a bit less worried, said to the stone:

-Well, I guess that you deserve the opportunity after all your suffering. Just try to stay calm when you enter the creature. Remember, there is no need to experiment everything at the same time. Be cautious.

He then throws the stone into the creature's mouth

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 719