Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires (Found a colony)  (Read 22930 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires (Found a colony)
« Reply #210 on: November 18, 2012, 06:05:46 pm »

The naturalists along with a soldier will continue exploring and will look into the habits of the rabbits. (We're both grown men. What will the rabbits do, fuzzy us to death? This isn't Monty Python...)
I was more concerned with the upper levels of the food chain...
Islands tend to have smaller creatures.
Still, if you insist...
"Make sure it's a quiet soldier this time. Last time I went hiking with one of those buffoons they trampled a unique-looking orchid before I could examine it and scared off some sort of smallish reptilian creature which looked fascinating. Never had I seen a bipedal lizard..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2012, 02:51:38 am »

Continue mining and skip the stone. Instead they should use the wood to fashion mine supports to prevent fatal collapses.

If there is spare time plan a simple railway from mine to town (and possibly expand it round the chasm to the crater).

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2012, 05:58:57 am »

"Make sure it's a quiet soldier this time. Last time I went hiking with one of those buffoons they trampled a unique-looking orchid before I could examine it and scared off some sort of smallish reptilian creature which looked fascinating. Never had I seen a bipedal lizard..."
Okay, no soldiers makes sense if these problems occur.
If there is spare time plan a simple railway from mine to town (and possibly expand it round the chasm to the crater).
Too much work, I think - plus we don't have the materials.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:55 am »

Too much work, I think - plus we don't have the materials.
Materials needed are stone and lumber. We don't even need to make it suitable for steam operation this time, just good enough to increase amount of trips between town and mine would be okay.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2012, 09:22:17 am »

"I will go look around the local area: you know for  anything new,"
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

Not sure if it canonically happened, but it's a potential issue.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2012, 12:39:33 pm »

Month 2 Week 3

Your phlogistonist can't think of any usefull things to do with the crater. While it might be possible to set up a harvesting system  hanging over the crater, he would have to wait for the materials and some people to get to work. (Note that these actions don't do anything usefull, at all)

The peasants disturbed a nest of bees in the woods. Thankfully the overseer wasn't hurt, but the vicious insect denied acces to the woods for several days.

The peasants get it right this time, and under carefull observation of our engineer a magnificent Zeppelin docking station is constructed, with the capability of docking at least 3 Zeppelins at the same time. It did cost a bit more resources though.

The naturalist manage to find only a small bit more information about the rabbits. They are really, really shy and dig rather deep holes, with multiple exists.

The phologistonist and the geologist prepare to examine the gasses from the crack, but no usefull work is done as no labratory has yet been build.

The mine's production remains steady, producing 4 units of copper ore and 4 units of iron ore. However, a problem has been detected. The mine downward has reached a hard part of fractured granite. It's nearly worthless, but it'll have to be taken out of the way before you can deep digger.

48 units of fish are caught
21 units of plants are harvested

Spoiler: Local area (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overview (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Spoiler: Suggestions from he GM (click to show/hide)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2012, 01:22:58 pm »

build a nice looking trade depot with 10 plebs

THe geologist and 10 will begin construction of the lab: with perperation for the lab tools: and make it for ploghiston

10 will go fishing and 10 will farm

20 will improve upon our houses and then make a dining room for everyone

10 plebs and the engineer will think of a way to get through the granite

10 will generically help around

the 5 can do whatever they want.

and Lets order ask for what the homeland needs most: do they need fish or wine? on a separate note build a brewery

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2012, 03:45:51 pm »

"Deep digger?" Hiphoppers in Germany might say that meaning "Deep, man" :D

What do you mean by industrialize, exactly? Railroads, electricity and metalworking, I assume.
What would be needed for a metalworking industry?
What can we do to raise happiness? It seems to have gone down recently.
What are melancholy mangoes?
Is there a method of long-distance communication in this world?

Request explosives to get through the granite, as well as another engineer and the materials for harvesting the phlogiston from the crater. If our money isn't enough, tell our superiors at home (Who are they, anyway? The government? Something like the East India Company?) to look for investors.
Build one more boat, have Heinrich and the phlogistonist set up the laboratory.
Have ten peasants and the overseer build one more house, as we don't seem to have enough space for everyone.
Five peasants go gather melancholy mangoes - they seem like a delicacy that'll fetch a good price.

The engineer will set up a small railway to the mine as well as within, to aid the collection of minerals.
Naturalists keep scouting, 5 soldiers as well.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2012, 03:59:06 pm »

Just saying that we need wood / stone before we can commence any building projects.
Also perhaps we should get Angleworks to design something (even though we won't be able to build it now) rather than sit around being useless. Maybe a zeppelin refuelling / maintenance post to go with the dock. (or does the dock already come with one?)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 04:05:21 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2012, 04:15:49 pm »

It can be used as one, but it's not ideal.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »

"Shall we catch some rabbits to use as trade goods?"

If approved, Anson will take a pleb or two and have them make cages. He will then locate the many exits of one burrow, plug up all but one, and request a soldier to catch anything that hops out. Alive.
Sig

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2012, 10:17:21 pm »

We have a forest and tons of logs. Why people are never interested in building something out of them is an issue.

The new overseer would continue oversee mine safety, production, and railway transport (in that order).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2012, 10:28:44 pm »

What do you suggest we build? Don't we have enough houses?
Sig

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 21, 2012, 11:58:36 pm »

What do you suggest we build? Don't we have enough houses?
Cokery (using charcoal for interim), Smelters, Railroad. Also some kind of power/steam generation.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16