Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Clockwork Empires (Found a colony)  (Read 22926 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Clockwork Empires (Found a colony)
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2012, 05:45:46 pm »

Sounds like a plan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2012, 04:15:33 pm »

Have the miners, supported by the engineer if it need be, deepen the mine to a point that the amounts of phlogiston become useful.
And with class shifts - how about drafting some peasants, letting them rise (up to a point) through the ranks?
In order for heat based phlogiston generation to be usefull, you'd need to deep quite deep. (In fact, the heat needs to be larger than what the human body can take). Air based filtration is possible, but please don't call that geothermal(because it has nothing to do with temperature).

As in drafting them into the military?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2012, 04:28:04 pm »

I thought pholgiston was the one that needed lots of heat to be synthesized?

And if it requires more heat than the human body can take, how was it discovered?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2012, 04:34:27 pm »

I thought pholgiston was the one that needed lots of heat to be synthesized?

And if it requires more heat than the human body can take, how was it discovered?
It needs lots of heat to be synthesized, but so does a blastforge. Also, phologiston is lighter than air, so it might come up through cracks in the rocks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2012, 06:05:02 pm »

How 'bout the crater? Loads of heat down there, and we could build a dome to capture the stuff. We could, right?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

How 'bout the crater? Loads of heat down there, and we could build a dome to capture the stuff. We could, right?
When you get there, of course.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2012, 10:54:24 pm »

Provided I can start making suggestions right off I'll have max head off towards the stream looking for any thing interesting
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 18, 2012, 12:59:36 am »

engineer-overseer will start planning an improvement to turn the trail into a functional minimal gauge railway.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 18, 2012, 09:40:09 am »

When you get there, of course.
Send the phloogistonist with a peasant and a soldier to go look for the crater and search for a good path.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 18, 2012, 04:33:36 pm »

Month 2 Week 2

-Anson (Naturalist GWG) 
    No new species were discovered, though some more Melancholy Mango bushes were found.

-Engineer ( TopHat)
    No progress was made however, thanks to the presence of the engineer no peasants were crushed. The Building still collapsed however.

-Geologist [Unusually talented, ...] Wer6
   -Ploghistonist [] Criptfriend
A path up towards the crater was found and explored. It's fairly high up, and the crater itself is positively gigantic.

-Overseer [] The card
A few trees were cut down, but progress was slow.
   -Voltaist ((Heinrich)) [Ingenious, frail] Helgoland
Twiddle with thumbs
   -Overseer [Meticulous, gluton] Evilcherry
Work at the mine progress rapidly thanks to your overseeing. An ore vein is discovered, and 3 mineshafts are nearly collapsed safe for your intervention. As such, no real production leaves the site.
   -Naturalist
You manage to discover an new animal. It appears to be enormously shy, but it has striking similairities with the Novyrian mountain rabbit. It's fur is extremely valuable, and it's various body parts are reported to have medicinal benifits.

Ongoing activities
   -Fishing: 72  units of food are gathered.
   -Farming: Some more crops are planted.
((Someone gathering all suggestions in one place would be really nice. Also adding absolute numbers would be nice.))
Labratory crates are delivered by the Zeppelin, though the captain is not all that pleased by the nessesity of landing his ship on the ground.

Spoiler: Local area (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overview (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Spoiler: Mining mechanics (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 18, 2012, 04:50:01 pm »

The phlogistonist will make plans for building a phlogiston harvester atop the crater, while Heinrich will see how the mine could be supplied with electricity (electric lights -> less fire hazard, possibility of going deeper).
Ten peasants along with the overseer will chop wood, and the rest that isn't needed for farming/fishing/mining will help build the zeppelin dock.
The naturalists along with a soldier will continue exploring and will look into the habits of the rabbits.
When the traders arrive next time, request some trappers.
When the phlogistonist is done, he will (TOGETHER WITH THE GEOLOGIST) examine the gasses from the crack.
The Bay12 postcard club

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2012, 04:53:50 pm »

Sounds good. Perhaps we should also have the engineer help build the dock.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2012, 04:58:48 pm »

Sounds good. Perhaps we should also have the engineer help build the dock.
Yeah, forgot 'bout that.
The Bay12 postcard club

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2012, 05:04:16 pm »

The phlogistonist will make plans for building a phlogiston harvester atop the crater, while Heinrich will see how the mine could be supplied with electricity (electric lights -> less fire hazard, possibility of going deeper).
Ten peasants along with the overseer will chop wood, and the rest that isn't needed for farming/fishing/mining will help build the zeppelin dock.
The naturalists along with a soldier will continue exploring and will look into the habits of the rabbits. (We're both grown men. What will the rabbits do, fuzzy us to death? This isn't Monty Python...)
When the traders arrive next time, request some trappers.
When the phlogistonist is done, he will (TOGETHER WITH THE GEOLOGIST) examine the gasses from the crack.
...[T]he engineer [should] help build the dock.
Agreed
Sig

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2012, 06:02:28 pm »

The naturalists along with a soldier will continue exploring and will look into the habits of the rabbits. (We're both grown men. What will the rabbits do, fuzzy us to death? This isn't Monty Python...)
I was more concerned with the upper levels of the food chain...
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16