Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Security Vault One Oh—First blood.  (Read 3941 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Security Vault One Oh—First blood.
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:57:28 am »

You have been living in a certain structure with your comrades for a long time. Not only you, but your parents, and their's, and their's ...

The structure is a huge, sprawling complex of endless rooms, each a miniature warehouse, with catwalks and air ducts all around. There are spaces between room and room... and it's a good thing there are. For the structure is populated by automatic, ruthless guards, with peeling blue letters stamped on the forward-facing panel of them, usually armed, often with high-tech enhancements, and always hostile. It is called the Vault for short — "the structure" sounds clunky in everyday talk, really.

You and your friends are huddled behind a dust covered container that is about a meter and a half tall. Though you are sorely tempted to rummage through it — the base is always starved for technology more so, food less so — you cannot, because one of those dreaded robotic sentinels is slowly combing the warehouse, calmly seeking the intruders into its holy area.

The robot had SE..UR....Y on its front panel in blocky blue letters last time one of you sneaked a look. It also had a black dome for a head, one heavy gatling gun in one arm, and a less heavy piece of hardware, probably an M2 machine gun in the other. Chances are, the designers decided to trick the eyes and fitted a few more weapons on the torso ...

Spoiler: Intention (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cliff's Notes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

You might die quickly. The robots are quite strong.

Post a character sheet and an action.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 07:23:35 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Security Vault One Oh
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:52 am »

For Humanity!

Spoiler: Isa Rheo (click to show/hide)

Search nearest seemingly filled crate while listening for any automated noise. Examine room.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:01:21 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:03:43 am »

Me too.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Try to find a safe path to escape and/or back the security bot's back.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:30:13 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 10:14:02 am »

Name: Jack Hansan
Short description: Tall, a bit skinny also got short hair. wears a longcoat.

Stats:
HP:2 points
Attack: 1 points
Defense: 2 points

Inventory:
Walter P38
Stg44
frag grenade

Stay hidden.
(is that correct?)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:27:49 am by Tavik Toth »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:19:33 am »

((Note:
Stats (5 to spend)
HP (1 point -> 5 HP)
Attack (1 point -> 1 Attack)
Defense (2 points -> 1 defense)
))

((Also on another note:
> A skill can have 0 points in it.
> We are like vermin in the area, ambiguous heroism is done. We are scavengers for survival.
> The facility is completely automated. No owners in sight. No shipments, either in or out.
> Death is certain for those who act...brash.
))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:31:30 am by Tiruin »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 10:24:06 am »

Reserved. Sheet up when I get home.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:28:05 pm by mesor »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 11:05:30 am »

Reserved. Sheet up when I get home.
Same here. Except at Lunch.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 11:36:56 am »

Get away from the bot and the nutso guy trying to kill it. It is not yet time.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:17:06 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 12:39:06 pm »

Action:
Ready the Luger, and wait to see if I've been spotted.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:10:26 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »

Tee hee.

Urist McHuman
Male
A short bearded fellow.  He has not been brought up with a strong sense of self preservation.

Bio:  No one is actually sure where he is from.  He seems to hate the robots well enough, though.

HP:  0
Attack:  5
Defense: 0

Inventory:
Magnum
Mini-Rocket Rifle
Cluster Grenade

Fire the MiniRocket Rifle from cover!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 01:21:13 pm »

((At what? Us? D:

Also...I'm pretty sure you need Health, Mr. 0-Health-points.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »

((At what? Us? D:

Also...I'm pretty sure you need Health, Mr. 0-Health-points.))
((What if somebody set his HP to -1?))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 02:45:58 pm »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

>Peek around corner opposite to crazy man firing rocket.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:13:08 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »

At the darkness  At the robot, of course.

And you did say a skill could be zero. But fine, if HP must be at least one, make it 1 HP 4 attack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 07:39:11 am »

(I'll start with the top five and waitlist everyone else)

Forgot to note: Posting your character sheets is a nicety I won't be able to go without Dx
Remember to write your HP as 5 x the points spent, and the Defense as .5 x the points spent.

Playing: Tiruin (Isa), Caellath(Allero), Tavik Toth (jack), mesor (Leon), Spinal (hendrix)
Waitlist: Tophat (Luther), Toaster (Urist), GSF (Leondard)

Isa 1,2 makes a loud noise while opening the doors to the crate they were hiding behind. The mechanical whirrings of the robot flexing its joints cease for a moment, then start heading towards where the five are hidden with a purpose.

1 The crate is full of eyeless teddybears. Apparently it was destined to be used in some sort of slave factory. Isa sees that there is a bag of black eyes near the other end.

Allero 5 spots the catwalk that is attached to the wall, about three meters up and one wide, that passes the grate to safety. Once in the duct system, they will have nothing to worry about.

Of course, to get there, they will have to brave the bullets of the robot, as the catwalk has no protection other than the occasional, slim girder.

Jack Hansan 5 is quiet well-hidden, but the girl made a loud sound opening the container crate. His stealth probably won't help against color-recognizing cameras and software.

Leon 6 glances around, and remembers that there was a robot right in their room, looking for them. In fact, Isa over there practically put up a beacon with large words emblazoned on them, "WE ARE HERE! COME GET US!11!!!"

The room has long, corrugated containers with a simple hook-and-lever locking mechanism. The designers of the containers didn't expect thieves to be a problem, see. There is a rung for attaching a lock if one wishes. Some of the containers have locks on them. The locks range from old-fashioned mechanical pinion-and-racket locks, to cutting-edge electronic locks.

Thankfully, most containers don't.

Hendrix 2 heads away from the group huddled. He doesn't know that the bot has a line-of-fire to his new position, and 4 only an instinctive response to the sound of a gatling gun winding up lets him duck the hail of bullets that fill the air above him. They bite into a container stacked atop another one. Hendrix can 6 glimpse the containers of hydrochloric acid inside. They start to spill out, the clear liquid rapidly corroding the surface of the metal. It pools on the ground.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5