Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Security Vault One Oh—First blood.  (Read 3938 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Security Vault One Oh
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2012, 07:13:28 am »

Fire a burst of rounds from my rifle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2012, 10:31:53 am »

((Suppressed pistol = Silent?

Nope. It's still noisy at close range, still very loud and it will still alert others to your location.  :P))

Seeing her other scavengers begin to take offensive actions, Isa grew worried at the implications.

"Don't attack it! We need to get out of here alive! That will only divert its attention from the sound catchers on the lateral sides of its head!

"We should get out! It will alert the rest!"

Proceed to make way to the ducts on the catwalk, but examine my surroundings as I go. If there are any containers in the way, check for any useful substances.

Spoiler: Isa Rheo (click to show/hide)

"We have two ways - the ducts to the catwalks or the metal shutters on the opposite side of this place. Take your pick, I'm heading for the former."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:35:49 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2012, 10:40:48 am »

(I searched for a Youtube video, and silenced pistols are, indeed, silent, except for the mechanical noise. It's probably far enough to not attract the robot's notice, especially since it's actively chasing someone else...)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 11:36:45 am »

Hendrix mutters to himself, but much more quietly, as he grabs something from the ground, then hurls it behind him. Sneak away.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 12:52:15 pm »

"..." Pretty useful, those seem.

Get some of those boxes and scurry away, trying to find a better hiding place with more crates and near the catwalk.

Spoiler: Alleo Neliph (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 07:14:49 am »

Leon 6 finds that the container is full of crates (that are not stacked) made of wooden planks, and with BGM-71 TOW Tripod stenciled in black on the side. For one, he can probably only take one, and two, it seems the ammunition is not included.

Take it?

Jack 6 lets out the rest of his magazine. Some of the bullets get through the armor.

3+2+1 vs 5+4
However, nothing happens. Also, some of the bullets ricochet off the robot, and Jack 4 dodges the stray piece of shrapnel that comes his way. The robot is focused on Jack. It starts to turn.

Isa takes her chance, seeing the robot distracted, and clambers up the nearest ladder.

3,5 She almost slips as the robot pivots, but realizes that it's not looking at her and quickly finishes her climb.

6 She finds her way  to the ducts entrance in no time, but it is very tightly screwed shut. The cover is a metal affair, with thick metal bars framed in thicker ones. It is a dull grey from the years.

Hendrix 4 finds a chunk of concrete that was scattered this way and throws in, then 4 sneaks away.

The robot is distracted by the other guy.

Alleo 3 finds that the boxes are slightly too large to hold two, and takes one, then heads towards the walls. 5 He finds his way there. There is also a set of containers that make a right angle, thus allowing him to have only about a hundred degrees of open space to watch, if needed.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:30 am »

"Aw, you have to be-"

Isa glanced around, rubbing the palms of her sweaty hands on her pants. If this thing was screwed shut - there was no way she could open it - then this meant the other side of the area.

The metal shutters.

"Other side!" she shouted, gesturing towards the other area she pointed out.

Aim, and shoot the robot with my bow, aiming for it's vulnerable areas - the sound transmitters.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:47:11 am by Tiruin »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:15 am »

Take one then look for an ammo crate, If I can't see one that is clearly ammo move to the nearest crate and shoot it open as well.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 09:18:42 am »

Allero breathed in and out, calming down as he put the rifle to bear. Time to make things right.

Prepare a nice shot with the rifle. To the robots camera parts.

Spoiler: Allero Neliph (click to show/hide)
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

Hide from robot but if found fire pistol at robots head.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »

Head off to the other side. If the robot is about to gun someone down, gun down the bot.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 07:24:47 am »

Isa shoots at the robot, but 1 she aims incorrectly, and the arrow drops to the group a couple aisles before the bot.

mesor  2 takes a TOW, but doesn't find any ammo in the container he opened. He heads to the next container and kicks it open 4. 5 This crate has boxes of M134 bullet chains!

Allero 6 prepares a shot. He doesn't fire. However, he is reasonably sure that he is going to hit where he wants to hit, but there's a chance that the robot will be able to tell where he is.

Jack dives behind a container and runs.
3 He glances back and sees the robot stepping out from the corner  behind him, about ten meters away. Fire?

Hendrix 4 heads off in another direction, carefully and quietly combing his way through the maze of containers. They are the most colorful thing in the entire warehouse, being painted drab shades of red, blue, green, and sometimes purple.

He thinks he is far enough from the robot to not immediately be in danger. Besides, that other guy drew its attention, and he didn't hear him die ... yet.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:35:54 am by Skyrunner »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 07:30:58 am »

Take a load of the bullet chains and stash them in my pack, then continue searching crates for ammo for the TOW.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 07:37:06 am »

((Can you guys please follow OP rules? Its not hard to just quote your past spoiler'd sheet and remove the quote tags, you know.))

Aim another shot at the robot's 'head', hoping to get its attention instead, direct the rest of the people to the correct exit - the one that is the only logical exit from my knowledge.

Isa had a bad feeling about what was to come, and nocked another arrow in preparation for that feeling.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 07:40:27 am »

Allero smirked. Time to get dangerous.

Fire at the robot's camera parts. Using the +2 revolving rifle.

Spoiler: Allero Neliph (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:00:08 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5