Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gears of war in Dwarf fortress  (Read 4338 times)

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gears of war in Dwarf fortress
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 05:39:56 pm »

Okey, but, can a spearman (remaned as "shotgunner" for aesthetical purposes) Use a spear weapon with the tag [RANGED] so the "spear" (renamed "sawed-off shotgun") Can work as a real shotgun?

In the other hand, lets say we have a bowyer class that use rifles, I'm completely able to make lets say 4 different types of rifles that use the same materials and the "dwarf" using the class will equip any of these rifles, right?

Ooohh, and finally this is more of an update, I'm working right now in the remaking of the wildlife placing the aboveground and underground creatures, I find very difficult to understand how some of the body parts and tissue works, thanks the god-emperor we have the wiki with all the tags :) 

PD: A hammerburst is a semi-automatic rifle that the "bad-ones" use as main gun, there are two versions and as soon as the game updates the capabilities of the ranged weapons I will add both, for now only the one in the picture will be in the base mod.

PD2: Any ideas of how can I make this creature to work?

Is a bloodmount an aboveground AND underground creature, the thing is that they use their frontal limbs to WALK and their legs to attack wich have, as you can see, only one big nail like a knife... oh, and have a very bad sight (like almost all the underground stuff in Gears of War)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:41:51 pm by stormcry0 »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 05:56:53 pm »

Okey, but, can a spearman (remaned as "shotgunner" for aesthetical purposes) Use a spear weapon with the tag [RANGED] so the "spear" (renamed "sawed-off shotgun") Can work as a real shotgun?

Yes.  As long as you also define ammo whose type matchs the third token in your RANGED tag.

This example assumes you are going to remap "Spear -> Shotgun" but that "Hammer" still is a melee skill for striking with the gun. 

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SHOTGUN]
[NAME:shotgun:shotguns]
[SIZE:500]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[RANGED:SPEAR:SHOTSHELLS]
[SHOOT_FORCE:8000]  # Crossbow is 1000 force (i think)
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000] # Crossbow is 1000 speed (i think) -- effects reload time too
[TWO_HANDED:60000]  # Humans bigger than this, so they can wield 1Hand
[MINIMUM_SIZE:40000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:9]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:500:50:strike:strikes:handle:2000] # This is a poor melee attack

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_SLUG]
   [NAME:shotgun slug:shotgun slugs]
   [CLASS:SHOTSHELLS]
   [SIZE:150]
   [ATTACK:EDGE:1:2000:strike:strikes:NO_SUB:2000]

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 06:06:46 pm »

In the other hand, lets say we have a bowyer class that use rifles, I'm completely able to make lets say 4 different types of rifles that use the same materials and the "dwarf" using the class will equip any of these rifles, right?

Yes exactly.  So to build on my previous example you could add

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DOUBLESHOTGUN]
[NAME:double barrel shotgun:double barrel shotguns]
[SIZE:500]
[SKILL:HAMMER]
[SHOOT_FORCE:8000]  #
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:2000] # Reloads twice as fast as the other one
[TWO_HANDED:60000]  #
[MINIMUM_SIZE:40000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:9]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:500:50:strike:strikes:handle:2000] #

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_MELEESHOTGUN]
[NAME:chainblade shotgun:chainblade shotguns]
[SIZE:750]
[SKILL:AXE] # Assuming you keep this as another melee skill for "chainblades", if that's a thing in GoW?
[SHOOT_FORCE:8000]  #
[SHOOT_MAXVEL:1000] #
[TWO_HANDED:100000]  # Few humans are so big, so it's a 2H weapon
[MINIMUM_SIZE:60000] # Some dwarves would be too small to even handle it at all
[MATERIAL_SIZE:15]
[ATTACK:EDGE:500:4000:stab:stabs:chainsaw bayonet:1000] # mediocre melee attack
[ATTACK:EDGE:2000:4000:slash:slashes:chainsaw bayonet:1500] # decent melee attack
[ATTACK:EDGE:6000:6000:eviscerate:eviscerates:chainsaw bayonet:2500] # pretty good melee
[ATTACK:BLUNT:500:50:strike:strikes:handle:2000] # weak

P.S.  I think a "bowyer" is a dwarf who makes bows, not who uses them, so be careful about getting tripped up by that
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:10:17 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:21 pm »

Bowyer is the craftsman. You want [RANGED:BLOWGUN or [RANGED:BOW
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 [2]