Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Returning at a Future Date  (Read 89327 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 6b: Diverging Paths
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2012, 07:14:03 am »

((It's great, Tir.))

Ecidona avoided the orc as she went over to the weapons, somewhat disturbed by her words. She seemed to believe a particular way of looking at the world was required to become a warrior. Perhaps Ecidona would write on it. The archives had little material that didn't just glorify the 'heroic warrior', someone who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect the proper way of things - the Bastion view, shaped by Bastion life and Bastion prejudices. 

She considered picking up the Stiletto for a moment, but decided against it. It was a killing weapon, made solely for one purpose - Ecidona simply felt better using her heavy, utilitarian knife.

Take nothing, keep calm and carry on
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tales of Shattered Dreams, Turn 7: The Short Dark
« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2012, 09:36:18 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Standing Modifiers (click to show/hide)

-Turn 7: The Short Dark-

"I had to be cryptic. I didn't know if they were interpreting my signals correctly and...well, that sign of yours. Of course, nobody answers me and that Orb... And no, I have no home to return to. If I did, I'd be lost out in this wilderness anyway. Well, me and Rhea, that is."

Syra sheathed her knife and sat down along with Rhea as she modified the map, sprinkling bits of dust and tracing it with her finger as the rest of the party claimed their spoils.

The Malkaven on the other hand, decided to take a more direct approach to the situation. She approached each one in turn and began an up-close inspection of the person, from head down to
detailed toe, the information gleaned was very...
Spoiler: informative. (click to show/hide)

As they show you their appreciation of lending their possessions through grunts and low-pitched grumbling, the bandits just stay silent for most of the rest of the hour, sitting huddled in a pile facing you. Plans are drawn out to move to the leftmost path, and to go against the movements of the enemy. As you finish up with the battle - stowing away any corpses with their earned respect where they lay, you tie up your captives and move them in a line, heading northwards past the tree-junction.

Syra pulls over to the rest of you while holding up the map.

"Don't mind me. I'll just keep to the back to make sure these people don't escape." you hear her say, referring to the bandits now held captive. "And...don't mind the lines either. I use them to think of possible ways of entry- but it looks like you've all got it figured out yourselves. The men will cooperate with you as you've spared their lives anyhow."

She moves back as the map is handed over to Shella.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

From the colors of the auburn skies came the visage of Luna - the first 'moon'. As the light turned into a darker hue, all that was left was her radiance, blanketing the land in a silver glow. Gurrath leads the way, holding his lantern in one hand while the other kept to his horses reins. The rest of you follow behind him in double file along with the captives and the children on foot.

The night breeze comes, bringing with it the chills of the evening. You can see your own breath in the air as your horses trudge along. All around you, the cacophony of the forest lightens the mood; crickets and other night birds singing their twilit songs through chirps and calls, and the rhythmic footfalls of your steeds were the only sounds heard.

The Night Air refreshes your spirits and relaxes your nerves, enabling most of you to enjoy the scenery before the camp is reached. Everyone regains 5 Health!

[1]

As you pass the next pine, a faint light in the distance appears, followed by another and a third. Luckily, your suspicions correct themselves - the lookouts had their backs turned to your area, facing the other way as they affixed their light sources for the coming hours.

Looking around, there are many paths to cross through, but the watchers are stationed on an elevated platform made out of wood. A simple but sturdy construct resembling an open watchtower connected to an aged tree.

You can see one of the people carrying a hunting horn, slung by a leather strap over one shoulder and resting on the opposite hip while the rest armed with shortbows or spears. None of them have noticed you and you are not sure as to how many their numbers are, as the distance obscures any recognizable features.

Spoiler: Captives (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs//Ranges (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sal'savira; IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gurrath Halsen; Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes - Updated (click to show/hide)

Also, Happy Halloween to all ye merry men!  :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:33:54 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:42 am »

Shella was sure she could have sneaked past the guard tower herself-but with the whole party...she felt someone would find a twig to step on. It was like someone was writing this all down somewhere.

She motioned for the others to be quiet, whispering only to Eisen.

"We're sneaking around this tower. I'm going first, you second-pass it on the the next one. That person goes third, got it-and if anybody wakes up the Cat, we stick together and book it-just follow my footsteps. Understand?"

After the message was passed around, she began to move her mount forward in a gentle trot-leading the party along the shadowed areas, evading potential troubles-piles of crunchy leaves and the like. She was a Hunter, after all-if she couldn't do this, what could she do? Her eyes were accustomed to the dark-much like her soul-but it would still be a challenge leading everyone through...especially if word had already gotten around a patrol was missing.

Action: Lead the party past the tower stealthylike-if someone triggers an Alert (!) , we RIDE together.

((Shut up, this is totally going to work :P))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:23:18 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2012, 10:13:23 am »

=snip=
((Ye hath horses, my friend. Don't forget yer mounts. :P))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2012, 10:17:43 am »

((Let's just ride them the fuck down. Cavalry charge, cut them down before they can react. Let's spill some blood, I WANT TO TASTE MAN-FLESH.

This is all totally in-character.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2012, 10:22:49 am »

=snip=

((Can we still ride past the tower unseen?

@DH: They're in a tower! D: How do we ride them down...if they're...above us!?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2012, 10:25:08 am »

((We'll run the tower down too. Duh. It can't be that sturdy, and these horses have tough skulls.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2012, 10:31:24 am »

=snip=

((Can we still ride past the tower unseen?

@DH: They're in a tower! D: How do we ride them down...if they're...above us!?))
((Yes, you can sneak by horse. The map is drawn in a way that shows which part is forested and hilly. The cartographer loves her trees. :P
Only problem is charging the watchtower head on. You silly Digital.

Try to make use of your...resources. Talking is a free action - when done with allies. It's not like the whole camp is gathered at that area though, don'cha worry.))You can ride through the whole camp, if you can sneak in a [Large] target (that's you on a mount) through the copious amounts of people who may or may not be around.

@DH: Ye art mad. XD
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 10:50:10 am by Tiruin »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2012, 11:15:07 am »

((Yes, Aaaaaaa. Its when Im all worked up over something, for example me missing that it had updated.))

Gurrath clears his thoat slightly, while glancing up at the first moon, luna. He liked looking at the moons when it was night, it was usually calming for him, and he centered his nerves once again, looking back down to the forest.

"Well, I guess we should sneak in one by one into the forest with our mounts?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2012, 12:28:00 pm »

Carrying the rest of the unclaimed weapons on the back of his horse and away from the bandits, Eisen calmly followed the rest of the group, silently stopping and standing still when the lights were sighted.

"We're sneaking around this tower. I'm going first, you second-pass it on the the next one. That person goes third, got it-and if anybody wakes up the Cat, we stick together and book it-just follow my footsteps. Understand?"

If the female orc had already seen any of the quiet ones who treaded the forest trails and navigated amidst the trees, she could probably notice Eisen's outfit resembled one of these rangers - light, resilient cloth, a characteristic color scheme and good-quality leather.

"Sure, miss." he answered with a smile, hidden by the darkness and his hood. He wasn't one to raise unneeded doubts - even if he had grown amidst the woods and plains, he supposed there was no harm in letting the female orc take the lead, if so she wanted. Maybe it was part of her culture, even.

"If you want to infiltrate with our mounts, we should move in a line, with or feet on the ground and pulling our horses by the reins. However, they are large and leaving them behind for the moment to make our entry easier is a valid option." the young man answered Gurrath.

Eisen then tugged on the reins of his mount. "Even then, it might be tactically better for us to keep them. And remember, if we are found out, the ones with ranged weaponry should take down the man with the hunting horn first."

Sneak and assist Shella in her attempt if necessary. If the group is found out, leap atop the horse to get to a higher ground and shoot the man with the horn.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 01, 2012, 07:52:15 am »

"H-hey! What about us?" you hear the Spearman speak from behind you. "You aren't just going to leave us here, right? At least give us our weapons back."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 01, 2012, 12:37:44 pm »

"H-hey! What about us?" you hear the Spearman speak from behind you. "You aren't just going to leave us here, right? At least give us our weapons back."

"Good point." Eisen says, turning his head to the spearman as he talks. "We can not risk having you attack our backs."

Before leaving, gag the bandits and take them bound and gagged on the back of the horses.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:29:17 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2012, 08:10:51 am »

((If it wasn't clear, I'll be following along and following orders.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2012, 08:21:57 am »

((Why do you OOC? XD
Anyway, it isn't clear if you just post without bolding actions, because I'm confused that way.

And it's not clear if you only post in OOC, at all. But thanks. :/))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:17:33 am by Tiruin »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »

Gurrath nods, and obtains some rope from his pack.
"Its nothing personal you know, we just don't want you to stab us in the back. We'll just release you afterwards. Or something."
Help with the binding and gagging of bandits.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22