Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68421 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 20a: King of the Hill
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2012, 01:25:45 am »

((Dwarmin, you amaze me. You have consistently put things in your RP that look like they were copied from my notes. Having to move camp was a possible plot hook I've had in mind for a while, although this big guy wasn't explicitly intended as the motivation. I'd been sorta wondering if I was going to have to use an exposition fairy to introduce it as a possiblity but nope.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 20b: qui tacet consentire videtur
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2012, 01:27:49 am »

((Dwarmin is epic that way. He breaks any story by pulling the hooks himself.

Don't tell anyone...but he's psychic.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 21, 2012, 02:29:16 am »

((Dwarmin, you amaze me. You have consistently put things in your RP that look like they were copied from my notes. Having to move camp was a possible plot hook I've had in mind for a while, although this big guy wasn't explicitly intended as the motivation. I'd been sorta wondering if I was going to have to use an exposition fairy to introduce it as a possiblity but nope.))

((I take it more as a compliment to your story making skills. I tend to roleplay games realistically enough, as in what to I would do in that situation. If your thinking mirrors mine, you like to keep your games intelligently plotted. :)

@Tiru: :I *Psi-slap*  ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2012, 03:01:08 am »

((I take it more as a compliment to your story making skills. I tend to roleplay games realistically enough, as in what to I would do in that situation. If your thinking mirrors mine, you like to keep your games intelligently plotted. :)

@Tiru: :I *Psi-slap*  ))

Thanks. :) I do try to set things up logically and forshadow things. Or at least put out info that might click into place for some players.

btw, I know you must be leaving soon. I wonder...if you have any ideas for stuff for this game, plot hooks, situations whatever. Would you drop me a PM? I think our brains work similarly on this type of thing. I welcome any input you might have.

Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2012, 11:21:13 am »

((Hey, I'm not dead! :D ))

Ripmaw sulked around behind the Great One, trying to reconnect with the rest of the pack. Though he knew the beast would probably have simply killed him on a bad day, Ripmaw's pride was still a little injured at being shooed off so easily. The others were in a great huff, trying to herd the nestlings away from the massive beast, and Ripmaw busied himself, using his reputation as a bully to help herd some of the more recalcitrant youngsters away with less effort than some of the nestmothers would have had to use.
Ripmaw turned for one final, long glare at the beast, and hissed under his breathe, "Next time." He turned away, to nurse his pride, and frighten the youngsters into compliance once more.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #320 on: November 23, 2012, 12:35:14 am »

((It was a close call. If it had a slightly shorter temper...I rolled an attack against you to test his stats. He hit, was holding you in his jaws, and did 80 damage.

Turn tommorow. Shouldn't be late since Charlie's combat is all set and most of you are doing pretty much the same thing, I just want to polish the prose when I'm not so tired.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 23, 2012, 08:22:38 am »

((@Joben: Did you get my recent pm by the way, or was it lost in cyberspace? O_o ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2012, 11:29:43 am »

((Ahh didn't see notice. Off to read it now))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2012, 01:12:17 pm »

I rolled an attack against you to test his stats. He hit, was holding you in his jaws, and did 80 damage.

((o.O))
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2012, 01:47:35 pm »

((It ain't called a Great One for nuthin'.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2012, 03:49:31 pm »

((It ain't called a Great One for nuthin'.))

((Yes it's probably the most dangerous single predator in the gameworld and IRL one of the biggest land predators ever. At least 6.5 tons, about as much as 40 of you. A reasonable comparison would be a small dog like a Jack Russel Terrier vs a Tiger.))

Bestiary Entry:

Acrocanthosaurus - Great One
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acrocanthosaurus
40 feet long. 6.5 tons.
TL:DR Like a T-Rex, but bigger.

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:12:09 pm by Joben »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2012, 04:05:09 pm »

Or a chihuahua versus a lion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Roll to Raptor - Turn 21: Stolen Bread Tastes Sweet
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2012, 04:32:15 pm »

If the snatcher on the boulder is just watching, quickly rend the jugular of the prone snatcher.

If the snatcher on the boulder looks like he's gonna jump, sidestep so he'll land on his partner.

Innitiative: Charlie, S3, S2

The one up top hesitates so Charlie acts. He grapples the prone Snatcher with his claws and tries to rip it's throat. Flesh rips free in his jaws and there is a flash of arterial spraw which subsides as the Snatcher's blood pressure drops. A pool starts to form under it. This one seemed doomed, though it might have a few minutes yet to live.  It struggles and breaks your grip but is too weak to do more that. (Charlie Attack Cunning 2+1 vs 4-1-2. Damage 6+1) (Snatcher Grapple Cunning 5-1 vs 2+1. Success.)

Snatcher2 drops down while Charlie is distracted, trying to land on him. It just makes it, bearing him to the ground but accomplishing little else. It howls loudly in anger. (Lost the details, it rolled 1 on damage though)

Charlie sees another Snatcher, #4 approaching quietly from the NW, It knows it's been spotted and breaks into a run.

[Snatcher3 is Prone. bumped and bruised, and has a it's throat torn out. Bleeding 7/10]
[Snatcher Bleeding Save: 3. Fail 1/2 Until Faint: Lost an action. Bleeding 8/10]
[Charlie is Prone.]
[Charlie lost 3 HP. Burned 2 Stamina Fighting and 3 from getting hit.]
[Charlie is at 25 Stamina. He can no longer move at a pace faster than Jog.]

--------------------------------
Moonfang pondered on the wisdom as-said-by-Strider as she stared at one swaying patch of grass in the breeze. She easily understood his words, but the meaning...did she get what it really meant?

So this ones out for food...we didn't bring in much...

A thought clicked in her head...It would probably still be hungry...

The Hatchlings!

Get the pack away from This Great One!

Hooktoe followed Moonfang, hoping to help her with whatever it was she was going off to do.

Moonfang starts encouraging the Adult hunters on guard to stand further back and the mothers and fathers to take their young away. Hooktoe gets the idea and helps.

The pack hesitates, between you and Strider. He chirps "Do as my son and the Honored Hunter say. Look to them, they could well be your leaders in due time." (Cunning 5-1, 4+1,6+1 Excellent. lol the 3 of your could have made them do anything this turn.)

Cooperation ensures. Chicks depart with parents and youngsters to guard them out of the clearing and some way away downwind. The remaining adults of fighting weight are encouraged to step farther back and not to harass the Great One. Perhaps a fight will occur, but not today, not if the leaders have anything to say about it. Not over a few scraps of food. 

After the initial exodus you count about 20 total adults remaining within sight of the Great One. They will probably go too if any of you order them away. You are all near the center of the clearing. The Great one is eating near the NE edge.

Ironhide mutters to the other members of the pack. "We got a meal, that's all we needed from those Snatchers. We gain little and risk all if we oppose the Great One."

Step back. Try to bring any little ones foolish enough to approach back with me. Hope the Great One heads out after finishing its meal.

The bigger youngsters seem to have caught onto their elder's concern and go without much fuss.  Ripmaw arrives and helps...in his way. You help parents herd their chicks off to the SW and soon arrive at the tree line. A number of adults have so far remained behind and are loitering near the center of the clearing. The Great one is eating at the opposite side of the clearing to the NE.

((Hey, I'm not dead! :D ))

Ripmaw sulked around behind the Great One, trying to reconnect with the rest of the pack. Though he knew the beast would probably have simply killed him on a bad day, Ripmaw's pride was still a little injured at being shooed off so easily. The others were in a great huff, trying to herd the nestlings away from the massive beast, and Ripmaw busied himself, using his reputation as a bully to help herd some of the more recalcitrant youngsters away with less effort than some of the nestmothers would have had to use.
Ripmaw turned for one final, long glare at the beast, and hissed under his breathe, "Next time." He turned away, to nurse his pride, and frighten the youngsters into compliance once more.

You make your way back to the others. You join Ironhide in the effort to herd the little ones away. You are now on the far side of the clearing from the Great one. It is to your NE. To the Southeast the little ones and their guardians are entering the woods. A number of adults have so far remained behind and are loitering near the center of the clearing.

Quote from: Great One
Eat, keep an eye on those little guys

The Great one finds about half a Snatcher corpse that hadn't been finished and pulling it into chunks proceeds to eat it. It looks up to make sure none of you have approached then it starts sniffing around in a slowly expanding circle for more meat.

At A Glance:

It's about 12:30
Wind is blowing from the North.

A Great One is in yer home eatin yer foods.
Ironhide and Ripmaw are sheparding littles ones off to the SW.
Moonfang and Hooktoe have pulled the remaining adults back away from the Great One.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thought for the day:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:41:21 pm by Joben »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 21: Stolen Bread Tastes Sweet
« Reply #328 on: November 23, 2012, 05:20:08 pm »

(That's basically Hooktoe, who's so stupid he tends to think in today's terms. Rather anachronistic of him. XD)

"Come on. Keep it moving, nothing to see here," Hooktoe said, continuing to herd the adults away from the Great One. No need to kick that particular hornet's nest at this time.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 21: Stolen Bread Tastes Sweet
« Reply #329 on: November 23, 2012, 06:22:37 pm »

"Oh, dear...I do not like that Great One's expression..."

Ironhide urges the little ones into the undergrowth, quickly, before the Great One decides to eat some Hunter on the side...
Keep an eye on the Great One, though.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:26:37 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36