Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68529 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Velociraptor
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2012, 12:47:25 am »

(...TBH I kind of like the first picture there a little better than the standard Jurasic Park dino. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2012, 10:10:16 am »

The first of the interpretations looks realistic, but the second has the undeniable" cool" factor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2012, 04:42:45 pm »

Rules post updated with new section on Stealth and Detection.

...kinda important in a predator/prey based game. :D
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2012, 05:01:32 pm »

I've been watching for a while now, but never got around to PTW. So, PTW.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »

((OOC: Alright, looks like we're waiting on NRDL to post, yeah?

Why you so slow? :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2012, 08:08:16 pm »

((Hehe it's only been about 30 hours I think since last Action Post. He's fine. :D ))

((IMO, I don't think you need to show [Failed Rolls]  , not that I'm reading the rolls anyway
Also, rolling for friendliness. I like. :P

Also. Name is Moonfang, just saying.  :P Why'd I have a +1 to Sense?))

((Roll To Social Awkwardness!

oopseh.

If I recall, you got a +1 because you specified that you wanted to look out for danger in your Action. Originally there was going to be a difference between Active and Passive observation. But my original stealth/sense system was wonky and it doesn't work like that anymore. ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2012, 08:11:38 am »

You can auto me, I'm a bit busy.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2012, 08:45:37 am »

((I would just have Char assist me with the flanking maneuver, as specified in my turn.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »

Spoiler:  Initiative (click to show/hide)

Moonfang cocked her head at the sight. Perhaps this was another stray?

Wait, no. The scent...the- curvatures? It didn't seem right to be staying there. Any good animal would've moved out of the way of the pack when they made their way...
And she partly knew they had sense to move away, with all the strutting she accidentally made. Her coloration was painfully obvious.
Calling out to the rest in a low, sonorous tone, Moonfang engages the creature in the bushes! Because food!

You're dimly aware of Strider giving orders behind you. He seems to want you attack head on, which is good because you already are. You dash toward place where you saw the creature. You can see it clearly now, (5) it's a a Snatcher.
Attack (3+1 vs 6-2 (prone)) You leap onto the prone snatcher, but the undergrowth keeps you from landing a satifactory strike. The Snatcher rolls to the side and scrambles upright. Hooktoe come barreling in, missing even worse than you did. The Snatcher panics and starts running.

Hooktoe whistled excitedly. ~Got it, Dad! Just leave it to me, I'll rip that Snatcher apart!~ He charged at the spot indicated, trying to outpace Moonfang and get to it first so he could get the kill.

You're just a second behind Moon as she dashes off. She jumps and tries to land on the Snatcher in the bushes, but it manages to scramble to it's feet. You charge in trying to bowl it over again (Attack 1+1 vs 4) but it wriggles to the side. You've pick up quite a bit of momentum which causes you to overshoot. You have passed the snatcher, it is now between you and Nesthome.

~I smell Snatcher-meat. Let's punish it for daring to come some close to our nest.

Char! Move around and flank it with me-Hook and Moon attack together-flush him out toward us.~

Action: Flank the Snatcher cautiously, and try to catch him when he runs, or at least circle around and attack if nessecary.

You whistle out orders to the rest of the pack and start running briskly around to the left abandoning all attempt at stealth hurrying into position as Hook and Moon charge in. Both of them appear to miss their initial attacks and the Snatcher comes bolting in your direction in a panic. If get gets a little closer you can either attack, or try to spook him so that Hook and Moon can catch up.

You can auto me, I'm a bit busy.

Strider chirps out a command to flank the Snatcher, he heads left so you peal off the the right. You're a bit slow to get moving and are not quite in position by the time Hook and Moon engage. The snatcher dodges then starts running. The flanking idea was good, but much to your annoyance it decides to run toward Strider instead of you.

Quote from: Snatcher
Prepare for action
It appears those flickers of movement where pretty important because two grown hunters are charging straight for you. Oh no! (Spot Checks aborted by combat, it is only fully aware of Hook and Moon.) Miraculously neither one manages to hurt you.

You may not be able to count very well, but there are fewer of you than there are of them. Bravery roll (1), This was not part of the plan! You dash in what seems like a sensible direction, neither toward the nest nor your attackers. You (Luck 3) manage to put a short distance between yourself and the two who charged you.

Snatcher Stats:
-1 Attack
-1 Cunning

Ironhide tries to locate and catch up to the others.

You have caught up with the others just in time to notice they were being all sneaky before a fight broke out. You are a little way's South of the action. You see two hunters charge in while two more flank. You clearly see the other party to the dispute, a Snatcher, as it starts to dash to the left. You don't think anyone knows you're there yet (Stealth 6)

Situation At A Glance:
Moon missed and is now East of the Snatcher
Hook missed and is now North-East of the Snatcher
Strider is flanking and is now West of the Snatcher
Charlie is Flanking and is now South-East of the Snatcher
Ironhide is observing and is South of the Snatcher

Snatcher is running in terror, right toward Strider, Moon and Hook close behind.

It is just after dawn.
A breeze is picking up from the East.

No one is hurt.
Everyone is slightly hungry.
Everyone is well rested.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2012, 12:39:29 pm »

Moonfang bared her teeth as the Snatcher ran away. Just like the vermin it was, she berated herself on the lousy strike -- Strider would not be pleased, and so would her parents. Hooktoe was watching, she had to make an impression for the pack.

"Get back here you thief!"

Go with the plan! Charge!

But first, try to sense if there are more around!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:10:26 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2012, 12:52:50 pm »

~You're mine, you little runt!~ Hooktoe hooted as he continued to pursue the small Snatcher. He was going to kill it before it even got to his dad!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2012, 01:19:22 pm »

The urge of the kill was hot in Striders veins-he could almost imagine flesh and bone tearing under his vicious attack-the kill, the honor-all his. He felt, for the briefest moment, young and powerful.

...but he wasn't anymore-he was getting old, and it was getting harder every day. So why not let the new generation of young ones have their own moments in the sun?

For, while the lust for blood and glory never went away entirely, he had long ago gained wisdom enough to think beyond his immediate desires. Moon and Hook were charging in at full speed-if he moved into attack, they'd all probably collide-and the Snatcher would get away...while some part of Strider hoped the Snatcher would try to run past him and get torn apart by his own claws, a panicking, encircled enemy was far easier to kill. He couldn't risk a vocalization warning the Snatcher of their maneuver, so he could only hope Char held the right flank and got the general idea of what to do.

Strider crouched low to the ground, preparing an intimidating combination of leaping, claw splaying and hissing.

Action: Prepare to spook the Snatcher into panicking when he closes with me, hopefully right into Hooktoe and Moonfang. If he tries to run past me, try to bite one of his legs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2012, 01:40:19 pm »

Feint. Distract the Snatcher by shrieking and charging.

Oh, dear, I hope I didn't mess things up...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2012, 03:39:24 pm »

((Wow you guys are fast. I'm gonna auto Charlie again since his possible actions are again somehow both obvious and relatively safe.))

Initiative:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The urge of the kill was hot in Striders veins-he could almost imagine flesh and bone tearing under his vicious attack-the kill, the honor-all his. He felt, for the briefest moment, young and powerful.

...but he wasn't anymore-he was getting old, and it was getting harder every day. So why not let the new generation of young ones have their own moments in the sun?

For, while the lust for blood and glory never went away entirely, he had long ago gained wisdom enough to think beyond his immediate desires. Moon and Hook were charging in at full speed-if he moved into attack, they'd all probably collide-and the Snatcher would get away...while some part of Strider hoped the Snatcher would try to run past him and get torn apart by his own claws, a panicking, encircled enemy was far easier to kill. He couldn't risk a vocalization warning the Snatcher of their maneuver, so he could only hope Char held the right flank and got the general idea of what to do.

Strider crouched low to the ground, preparing an intimidating combination of leaping, claw splaying and hissing.

Action: Prepare to spook the Snatcher into panicking when he closes with me, hopefully right into Hooktoe and Moonfang. If he tries to run past me, try to bite one of his legs.

You've been at this game far longer than the others. Speed and strenght can make a kill, but so can deception. Dropping low you position yourself in the Snatcher's path, it does not appear to have noticed you (Stealth 4 vs Sense 1-1 [distracted foe]). (Cunning 5+1 vs 1 -1) The Snatcher is so utterly and completely shocked when you burst from cover in it's path that it falls over!

Feint. Distract the Snatcher by shrieking and charging.

Oh, dear, I hope I didn't mess things up...

You shriek and charge. Your cry appears to draw the attention of the Snatcher for a fraction of a second as it continues running. ((distraction attempt gave is a -1 to spot Strider)) You're charge (3) covers about half the distance to your target. Which you now see has fallen over somehow and is being attacked.

Moonfang bared her teeth as the Snatcher ran away. Just like the vermin it was, she berated herself on the lousy strike -- Strider would not be pleased, and so would her parents. Hooktoe was watching, she had to make an impression for the pack.

"Get back here you thief!"

Go with the plan! Charge!

But first, try to sense if there are more around!

You snarl and snap your teeth in anger, but control yourself enough to glance quickly around and take a deep sniff to see if any other Snatchers are around. (2) Nothing else is running around, and there only seems to be enough Snatcher stink for one.

(Combat move check 5) This fractional pause does not slow you down at all and you dart off after your prey just in time to see it fall over as Strider bursts from nowhere to block it's escape.
The stupid thing actually fell over it was so startled. It won't get away from you this time. (Attack 5+1 vs 2 -2 (prone)) Hit (Cunning 2) You grab it by the tail with your teeth (Damage 4) your teeth sink to the bone. It isn't happy about this and tries to kick you in the snout. (3-1 vs 4) You ignore it's pitiful struggles and hold on.

~You're mine, you little runt!~ Hooktoe hooted as he continued to pursue the small Snatcher. He was going to kill it before it even got to his dad!

(Combat Move Check 5) You dash off after the Snatcher. Ahead you are startled to see your father burst from out of nowhere and make it fall over as if by magic. You have to admit Dad is kinda awesome.
Attack 5+1 vs 4-2 (prone) Hit! Cunning 2 You kick at it savagely (Damage 1+1) punching a small hole in it's side with your sickle claw.

((btw, this creature is actually slightly larger than you, an almost juvenile Deinonychus.))

Quote from: Charlie (Auto)
Help out

You decide you're too far out to do good since the target is on the ground again so you trot towards the fight (Combat movement check 2) You don't get especially far but if you roll well next turn you might be able to assist. Out of habit you start moving stealthily again (5-1 (trotting)) and sniff around for more trouble (Sense 4) There isn't much you don't expect. Hunters, snatcher scent...ooo is that blood? :)

Quote from: Snatcher
Runrunrunrun!
Just when you think you might be doing all right some sort of demon creature looms in your path. You fall over in pure astonishment and terror. Unfortunately this means the two pursuers behind you catch up. One bites you on the tail making it difficult to move. You kick but it doesn't seem to do much good. Also your side hurts now.

(Snatcher base rolls: -1 Attack, -1 Cunning)

Situation At A Glance:
Moon is holding onto the Snatcher's tail.
Hook is adjacent to the Snatcher.
Strider is being awesome, and is near the Snatcher.
Charlie is East of the fight and moving toward it
Ironhide is running to assist and will arrive soon.

Snatcher is prone, grappled and terrified. Minor wounds to tail and left side.

It is just after dawn.
A slight breeze continues from the East.

No one is hurt.
Everyone is slightly hungry.
Everyone is well rested.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:45:30 pm by Joben »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »

PTW
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36