Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Raptor: Turn 31 - Where the Buffalo Roam  (Read 68512 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Velociraptor
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2012, 05:58:31 pm »

Swallow fat. Take another bite.

Charlie, what are you doing?

Swallow bite, stealthily follow Charlie.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2012, 07:06:43 pm »

Strider bit into the chest and tore out the Striders heart, chewing and swallowing it. He licked his lips-what was going on?

~"What do you see, Char?"~ He hissed.

After a response (I doubt NRDL will respond unless I nudge him :P ) Strider motioned for the others to follow.

~Yeah! I did great! Right, Dad?~

~"A fine attack, well planned out-like I trained you to. Never be afraid to stop and think, before your instincts kick in."~

Minor Action: Eat the Striders heart out
Major: Support Charlie, sneak by his side and rally the others.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2012, 07:15:23 pm »

"Strider bit into the chest and tore out the Striders heart..."

That doesn't sound healthy...

Shush, follow Charlie. He knows what he's doing.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2012, 07:25:26 pm »

((No I don't.  And sorry if I'm deviating, I'm not used to team playing on forum games))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:48 pm »

Yay helpful note time  :D

Time and distance:

Combat turns last something like 5-10 seconds each.
(Out of combat they last as long as they need to until something interesting happens)
You can walk at about 7 feet per second, jog at 14 and sprint at 28

So...Charlie is about 75 yards away from the party and out of sight. But not hard to find. Besides knowing what direction he was in when last seen you can probably smell him easily thanks to the East wind that's blowing.

((No I don't.  And sorry if I'm deviating, I'm not used to team playing on forum games))

You're doing fine, haven't gone off the rails at all. In fact you're following a plot hook. So I'm happy about that. :)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2012, 09:49:35 pm »

((Still, RP is fun NRDL. Try it some time!

@Gwg: Strider=Snatcher? :P ))

Strider turned to the familiar sound-he hadn't been able to tell those markings in the press of battle.

Ironhide. A good Hunter, tough and smart as her name implied. All but his second in command, if Hunters were said to have a chain. Also a friend...they had been good friends, casual rivals, occasional lovers and Hunt partners for as long as he cared to remember. She was almost the last of the packmates he had run with in his younger days...

Lashfang. Quickstrike. Longtalon. Leaper. Streaktail. Sunrunner. Greeneye. His old friends.

With so many gone, it was sometimes easy to take those left for granted.

He approached her as they skulked on, gingerly bumping her snout with his own in friendly camaraderie.

Strider clicked and whistled to her in a softer tone.

~Ironhide. What are you doing following this old Hunter on his egg-sitting hunt? It's apt to amusing in a way, but fairly boring.

Also, hearts are very healthy to eat-they're the center of youth, and I could certainly use more of that these days.~

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Velociraptor - Turn 4: Oviraptorosauria are yummy
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2012, 09:52:26 pm »

PTW. Put me on the waitlist please. :) Awesome looking game.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2012, 11:49:50 pm »

((Ok guys, these first few turns were a shakedown cruise for game system.

I'd like to know what you liked about it and what you didn't. Do you have any suggestions?

Also a note: This was an easy combat. Many of the creatures in this world outweigh you by 10 or more times. Don't metagame and assume that because you encounter a creature it's set up to be defeatable. Also I'll be playing the creatures with reasonable motives so you have options. Think of nature documentaries. Sometimes a lion will stroll through a herd of wildebeest and they just watch it carefully until it goes away.))

(Sorry for not answering this earlier, been busy most of the day. Um, I'm going to hold off on speaking about combat until I've played a few more turns of it. The first combat so far was definitely a 'tutorial' combat - or at least it had that feel - and we managed to take it down pretty easily. I imagine when we fight enemies that are on more even terms with us the strengths and flaws of combat will show.

Also, I forgot to do a major action this turn, so here's some more RP and that. :P)

Hooktoe hooted softly but happily at his father's praise and nuzzled his head - perhaps a little too hard - against Strider's. The movement caused him to see Charlie sneaking off, maybe following more prey? He finished what he was eating and sauntered off after the other Hunter, keeping low and too the shadows.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Raptor - Turn 4: Oviraptorosauria are yummy
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2012, 01:00:43 am »

@Hanslanda Thanks, your on the list.

@Serious. That's a fair point. I just wanted to make it clear I'm open to altering things that my players don't like. :)

@Everyone: OP updated in various ways. A lot of the stuff there is more for my reference than yours. But the new section "Specific Action Rules" lists some interesting things you can do, and how various actions will affect your character.

Tracking mechanics will be there as soon as I decide how exactly they work. :D
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2012, 10:24:53 am »

((Just to point out: You're doing fine Joben :)

Don't overcomplicate things if you can, a 1d6 is the simplest and most flexible of approaches to anything.

Also, Rawr. I get to do this without being judged.

Rawr!))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2012, 11:04:16 am »

Charlie: Follow snatchers
Ironhide: Nomnom and follow Charlie
Hooktoe: nomnom and follow Charlie
Strider: Nomnom, rally party, follow Charlie
Moonfang: nomnom and ??

I'll assume for now you'll tag along when Strider calls you together, but if you have another action we can change it.

...Starting to write turn.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2012, 11:08:11 am »

((I'm forgetful after a power outage. XD))

Moonfang was happy at seeing her fellow hunters' success, but it seemed Hooktoe was busy with his own matters.

If only he'd notice-

I'll stay with the rest, Strider. The younglings need to learn how to eat, yes?

Check on the pack for any missing younglings! Then examine surroundings for any sense of danger!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 11:12:57 am by Tiruin »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2012, 01:26:04 pm »

Follow them.  Sneakily.

(Stealth 1+1) You are quite distreased to see what you are sure is part of a young Hunter and let out a loud snarl.  One of the Snatcher's (Sense 5) glances back  and spots you, and they start running faster. They are soon over 100 yards from you and you lose sight of them in the trees. You move steadily along in their wake. They have to stop sometime. (Sense 4) You're not worried, their trail is clear.

Quote from: Strider/Moon/Hook/Iron
Grab a few bites, socialize, Find Charlie

[There are so many Hunters milling around it's not worth rolling for a lot of this stuff and splitting the perspective. And you all did such a great job with the RP there isn't much for me to add. You find everything noteworthy and share info.]

You all take a few bites of your kill and discuss how it happened. While your talking and wondering where Charlie went many members of the pack arrive.  A few adults congratulate you and start tearing the Snatcher into manageable chunks. The youngsters frolic and tumble trying to snatch scraps of meat, then wrestling over them. [Tribe has gained enough food for a couple days. Those who made the kill are now Well Fed.]

Another pair of adults sniff at the snatcher for a moment and then start searching around making the call used to summon young. Moonfang asks what's going on and they say they can't find two of their children.

A few minutes searching by more or less everyone finds the screen of ferns and the baby remains behind it. The area smells strongly of blood and snatchers. You also see Charlie sneaking along to the East.

Those of you who are socially inclined pause to bump noses with the bereaved parents. The Party trots off after Charlie, quickly closing the distance. Looking back you see that the father is following you.

[Party is together again.]

Name: Tepin [NPC]
Sex: Male
Sense +1
Attack +1
Defense -1
He is slim and fidgety, always trying to look in every direction at once.

Situation At A Glance:

Party has made a grizzly discovery.
Nesthome population is eating and mourning the loss of some chicks.
Charlie is following the culprits and the Party has caught up to him.
Tepin [NPC] is following you.

It is very early morning.
A slight breeze continues from the East.

No one is hurt.
Everyone is Well Fed, Except Charlie who is Slightly Hungry.
Everyone is Well Rested.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 01:27:58 pm by Joben »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2012, 01:42:28 pm »

Hooktoe sniffed and looked around for the trail Charlie was following. Once he caught wind of it, he jogged along it in an attempt to catch up to the snatchers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2012, 02:18:47 pm »

[Party is together again.]
((Yes they are. :P))

What did I miss? Moonfang said as she caught up with the rest. She figured that the rest of the pack wouldn't need her, and the addition of another hunter would provide a better benefit to the rest.Those thieves are going to pay for the chicks.

Lag behind the leader of the hunting party, ready to pounce on anything wanting to attack us, or on the first target spotted by the rest.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36