Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4  (Read 14653 times)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »

Alright, good. About how much food is produced on one acre of land?
Generally 2 units or 2 silver's worth.
Excellent. Am I correct in assuming that one person can farm multiple acres in a year?

Spoiler: Turn 1 (click to show/hide)
Yep, one person can farm multiple plots of land. After 4 acres, there is seriously dimensioning returns until more modern farming is invented.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 08:47:03 pm »

Thats Ok I can set it all out fine just wanted to be sure.
Should all line up since I am assuming Leon can still work while Alexandria is taking a year out to have a baby.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 08:48:35 pm »

Ok, let's retry this.
Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:05:48 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 08:49:57 pm »

(( Hang on he has an entire village full of people? When did that happen? ))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 08:50:37 pm »

Spoiler: House Kappel Actions (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 08:51:14 pm »

I thought the OP read 40 people + your people. Maybe I read something wrong?
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 08:51:46 pm »

(( Thats total lol you have 2 people you and your wife.

From the OP.

As a player in this game, you will start by controlling the lives of a young married couple (20 years of age, to be exact) who has just arrived at one of the newest settlements in the Kingdom, Cairnwood Crossing. All you have known your entire life is farming - ever since you were capable of bending down to pick up a weed, you've been on the farm. ))

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »

Tsuchigamo : The Burgomeister of the town is the highest official, and is currently held by a NPC. Any citywide building projects would be originated by him, and he alone has authority. The current plan of yours would basically go against the king, and would be considered an act of treason.  You are welcome to suggest such projects - but they will have to be financed almost solely by the players at this early in the game since zero taxes are being collected. I have clarified the population figure in the first post.

Farming Rotation : Farmed fields do not have to lie fallow. This land is completely virgin, and has not been farmed since antiquity. By the time you need serious amounts of fertilizer, it will be commonplace.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:57:34 pm by Mullet Master »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 08:57:31 pm »

Tsuchigamo : The Burgomeister of the town is the highest official, and is currently held by a NPC. Any citywide building projects would be originated by him, and he alone has authority. The current plan of yours would basically go against the king, and would be considered an act of treason.  You are welcome to suggest such projects - but they will have to be financed almost solely by the players at this early in the game since zero taxes are being collected. I have clarified the population figure in the first post.

Farming Rotation : Farmed fields do not have to lie fallow.

Everything is fixed. We are now the proper poor people given sudden nobility we're supposed to be.
Oh, just call me Tsuchi, Tsuch, or Sushi. It's easier.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 09:00:56 pm »

We're farmers, not nobles, and we can't afford training.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 09:06:12 pm »

I'm normally not this bad with reading OPs, I guess I'm just really tired >.<

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 09:06:25 pm »

Okay, I think my plan fits that pretty well...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

Players: I am attempting to get this turn out tonight. This is subject to some minor revision later. You will notice I don't produce a turn by turn breakdown - this will be more important later. Also, at this time all characters are illiterate and detailed records are not kept. I will be doing a lot of formatting changes tomorrow, also.

House Wolfclaw has had many years of good harvests, combined with a boon of 8sp from selling 2 acres of timber. The early years were hard, and many times Dimitri and Nikita went hungry. But it was worth it when they finally finished their house.... Many winters have passed, and they were thankful for the warmth the house provided.

Nirur and Petra went forth and multiplied. Having a string of children while living in a campsite was difficult, and the third child died during a particularly harsh winter. Having such a large number of fields has made Nirur somewhat wealthy.
Spoiler: Nirur-House Kappel (click to show/hide)

Many hard years of labor were in store for House Fenix . Leon and Alexandria spent year after year of backbreaking work, clearing the land around them, returning only to a camp. The winters were harsh, the days miserable. After a year of logging, Alexandria birthed a stillborn baby. Alexandria looked ragged- her muscles were twisted and her frame lean, there was just no more work left in her.

But as they toiled, the townspeople took notice. The house Fenix had become the largest landowners in town.. even more than the Burgomeister himself!

Spoiler: "mesor-House Fenix" (click to show/hide)

House Draco preserves through many mediocre harvests and harsh winters. Speci takes an apprenticeship with a Weaver in the city, and takes the child with her. The apprenticeship is a difficult one - 16 hour days, and the child is forced into working with her mother as soon as it is able to. Years of work has taken it's toll on the child, and it is very unhealthy.

You have  the option to start a weavers business - processing fibers into thread and cloth. It is a minimum of 1 gold for a loom, but you may invest extra in the business if you wish. No buildings are available in this town , so you will have to construct a home before being able to buy the tools of the trade.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:16:50 pm by Mullet Master »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 10:25:02 pm »

How old do kids need to be before they can work?

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing (1 spot open)
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 10:28:08 pm »

Year : 1490

Cairnwall Crossing Population : 66
Cairnwall Crossing Buildings : 16 huts , 1 house   
Political Climate : Destabilizing; Impeding war with Durant Oligarchy, border raids by bandits
Cairnwall Local Environment : Completely forested, lush wildlife
Events :
-The King has declared the plague to be over
-Durant Oligarchy has taken a disputed parish on the edge of the kingdom, war is imminent
-Burgomeister Root is trying to build a warehouse for crop storage, will require 6 lumber units donated.
-A venerable priest has moved into town, and requested a small church be built. It will take 10 person-years.
-The town has zero unemployment - labor is just not available anywhere.

Burgomeister (appointed by the King) : Doral Root - Appointed 1480 (10 years of service)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:30:54 pm by Mullet Master »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13