Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 4  (Read 14658 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning Turn 1
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 08:34:47 pm »

I mean can you inform me on gender and other notable traits ahead of time, so I can figure out a name before the next update.

As for the other stuff: Good to know. Can you give me an approximate cultural and temporal counterpart for figuring out what kind of industries exist?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 08:46:48 pm »

This is really, really cool and I'm excited to see how the game progresses.  Can I please put in a family for a waiting list position?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:43:46 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 08:55:12 pm »

You may right after you update me in kings again :P.

But seriously go ahead :).

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: .
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 09:00:02 pm »

News: The wars abroad have created chaos in the economy - prices of food fluctuate year to year, and on year 2 and 7 the King sends taxmen to come take some crops from every household in town.

Dmitri works hard to become a great carpenter, and returns with a grand idea. He will make the first inn in town. He returns and builds a basic inn - three rooms with straw beds in the biggest crossroads of town. In the first full year of operation, he figures he has only made a silver out of it but that's okay.
Even though Nikita and Volk have a relatively meager existence from farming, they are comfortable in their home. Volk is bright and learning quickly.

Nirur is a devout man, he realizes his community cannot prosper without a church. After nine years of labor, the church is completed but the priest who requested it is dead. With no-one to fill the the role of the priest, Nirur's son goes to another city to begin his journey into priesthood.
Petra successfully has two more girls, and continues to toil in the fields to keep the growing family fed.

Overall, finances have been good and House Kappel's church has become a interesting point of the city.

Spoiler: Nirur-House Kappel (click to show/hide)

Leon decided that the growing family needed a proper place to live, so he started immediately as his wife rested. Once again, they tried to have a baby and another baby was stillborn. She rested another year, and tried for one final child and another baby boy was born. Leon continued to lumber as the family attempted to farm their large fields, but most of the gold came from the logs. With so much construction occurring, the logs brought premium prices.

The family took a year long vacation to rest and recover, and while the townsfolk first thought this was strange, all the members of House Fenix made friends that will last a lifetime. Overall, everyone is pretty happy - there definitely could be more gold in the family coffers but they definitely didn't suffer this time around. 

Spoiler: "mesor-House Fenix" (click to show/hide)

Day in and day out, the carpenters build the small shop, gathering lumber at a slow pace while Magnum and Speciosam shiver in the tattered campsite. After being bedridden for a year, Fillium makes some recovery and grows up to be a weak teenager. It is fortunate he survived.

Speciosam opens the first business in town , and struggles for several years. The first few projects she works on goes at a painfully slow pace, and the raw materials available to her are of such poor quality she almost gives up. But as time passes, more people come into the town and the coin starts to trickle in. She's still not entirely sure she wouldn't be better off farming, but seeing most of the town wear shirts made out of her fabric is pleasing. Her business has reached it's limit of profitability as the family living inside the shop has basically kept her from working during the winter, the time of highest cloth demand. 

Although he lacks the physical prowess, Fillium is sent to an apprenticeship with a metalsmith.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:03:08 pm by Mullet Master »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing -Beginning of Turn 3
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 09:09:14 pm »

How much do buildings cost now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dynasties of Cairnwood Crossing (1 spot open)
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:24 pm »

Year : 1500

Cairnwall Crossing Population : 115
Cairnwall Crossing Buildings : 25 huts , 1 house , 1 church, 1 inn, 1 weaver's hut     
Political Climate : War with Durant Oligarchy (Bethelos is losing, slightly and borders are shrinking)
Cairnwall Local Environment : Waning wildlife, moderately forested
Events :
The forests are being depleted by a rash of construction and burning tremendous amounts of lumber for fuel in the winter.
The forests are overhunted by the settlers. The Burgomeister is looking for a sheriff to patrol, but that will cost 1 gold.
A livestock dealer has added Cairnwall to his yearly route.
Livestock available : cattle (5 silver), flock of 50 chickens (5 silver)

-The town has zero unemployment - labor is just not available anywhere.

Burgomeister (appointed by the King) : Doral Root - Appointed 1480 (20 years of service)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »

How much do buildings cost now?

A small hovel is 1    gp
A small house is 4.5 gp
A small shop for a tradesman is 1gp now
A storage building lvl 1 is 2gp

Anything else needs a formal quote from a builder, which costs 2 silver just to get the quote.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2012, 09:15:14 pm »

How long do small shops take to build?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »

How much pasture do the cattle need?
How much land for chickens?
How much silver would the chickens/cows bring in annually, on average?
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:42 pm »

Hmmm...

Spoiler: Letter to House Draco (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »

The orchards sound like a good idea.

I'll keep the suggestion for trade in mind. Once I get a real house up, I can probably accept it.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2012, 09:47:41 pm »

The orchard does sound good I may have to get a few of my own going.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »

New children are Julia and Birgit.
Spoiler: House Kappel Actions (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2012, 05:03:21 pm »

I need to name my daughter.

Argentum Decorem Draco is her name.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »

House Fenix

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13