Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185861 times)

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2014 (DF 0.40.19)
« Reply #1065 on: December 11, 2015, 09:58:38 am »

Don't forget crystal berries :)

As far as I remember alicornhood in the mod was attained in some secrets-related way. How does that mesh with the new version?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 11, 2015, 11:54:42 am »

Honestly, I gotta look into it a bit. I know alicorns generally work in world generation, but I'm not sure if it actually works in play. One thing I am looking at is the civ positions .

edit:

okay, I had a look, alicorn interactions are currently not included, interactions are not really something I've dug particularly much into.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:35:29 pm by Sorcerer »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 11, 2015, 01:54:41 pm »

We need pretty powerful nigh-immortal Alicorn Princesses.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 11, 2015, 03:01:02 pm »

Alicorns are pretty OP, they learn at twice the rate of normal pones, have no skill rust and have amazing stats, while they do age, their minimum lifespan is a thousand years.

they are also so rare that they generally only show up in worldgen, since the princess position can only be appointed to alicorns they usually end up historic figrues, tho I think I need to tweak settings to ensure they are more likely to survive :P

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 11, 2015, 03:29:12 pm »

they are also so rare that they generally only show up in worldgen, since the princess position can only be appointed to alicorns they usually end up historic figrues, tho I think I need to tweak settings to ensure they are more likely to survive :P

Probably a good idea... in most cases in worlds I made in the older version it seemed like alicorns leaders of the civ just had targets painted on their flanks for cutiemarks for how often they get horribly murdered.

I remember one gen that ended up with an alicorn princess coming to power year 1, and in year 2 she got eaten by a dragon.  (Well obviously that dragon didn't get the memo that you're supposed to capture princess and put them in distant towers for knights to rescue)

ALSO, one question I always had but never asked is why are alicorns only female... I know in canon we only see female alicorns but it stands to reason that males COULD become one.

If you do turn alicornanation into a attainable interaction for ponies via learning secrets from gods... (I can guess that spheres that would be associated with) ...make sure that it can't be written down so some random yuck can't just pick up the slab with it written on it and suddenly become an alicorn... You know like what basically Twilight did~  I think there's a tag in the secret interactions that prevent it from being learnable from being written down. I'd have to check again.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 11, 2015, 03:59:32 pm »

To have alicorns with some serious power magic would have to be at least partially implemented, I'm afraid.

I was asking because I've seen people turn their whole forts into necromancers, and having an entire settlement of alicorns would probably be somewhat overpowered even now.

Shadow_Hornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 11, 2015, 11:34:48 pm »

I think one idea worth thinking about for if fliers are having their flier tag removed is also having them be naturally good climbers so it is almost as if they can fly.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 14, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »

I think one idea worth thinking about for if fliers are having their flier tag removed is also having them be naturally good climbers so it is almost as if they can fly.

+1 (I did like fliers and didn't mind the ramps, but bumping into trees and dropping stuff like Derpy on booze is annoying)

If you want magic spells for Alicorns, take a look at Fallout Equestria mod. It has "bind" (slow down with telekinesis), "shield" (resistance to damage), celerity and some other spells and even a system of 4 schools of magic with most Unicorns only able to learn basic spells in one school, but some CMs able to learn all schools and use more powerful versions from their own school.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 14, 2015, 04:39:04 pm »

Anyone know if they will path across walls if they are good climbers? if so, I'll definitely add it, I've only really tried climbing as a means of getting them down from trees, but they would just give up and resign to their fate.

Spells are definitely on the agenda, but I wouldn't mind stealing them wholesale from FO:E :D
I can't wait until we can tie recipes to the proper research/library feature, but I guess we'll have to wait another year for that.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2015 (DF 0.42.03) yay!
« Reply #1074 on: December 14, 2015, 06:12:50 pm »

Allright, The current version should be playable, but closer to vanilla DF than usual. I played a bit of fort mode and some advmode as a goat.
I recommend to gen a world with lower savagery as there are a lot of civs to spawn now, and it takes a while to find space for them all.
Yaks and griffons are not great at surviving due to their cold climate, need to fix this.

Kraiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 14, 2015, 09:01:31 pm »

Hooray the update is here! Time to worship the sun goddess!

One question, you mean for all the colors to be the way they are in the?

Can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into this!
This is a masterful image of Machunguroho, Torchsilver, the alicorn, a dark iron bastard sword, a volcanic aurum battle axe, a felsteel heater shield, and an emerald golem. The golem has been struck down. Torchsilver is making a triumphant pose.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 14, 2015, 11:24:54 pm »

Much appreciated, I shall now play the living shit out of this.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 15, 2015, 01:58:33 am »

The way th the cutie marks work at the moment is coloring the cutie mark part of them a specific colour r. It does result in some ponies liking the colour "two stars over a field" but that's an acceptable compromise.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 15, 2015, 06:47:47 am »

It doesn't bother me. I just put it off as that being those ponies favorite designs. Or really fancy names for in-universe colors.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: December 15, 2015, 10:26:00 am »

> I can't wait until we can tie recipes to the proper research/library feature.
I don't like the idea of multiple workshops producing "reseach points" out of thin air on repeat, then getting combined into "stacks of research" (separate item) by an automatic reaction, which I think is how it worked in this mod. I don't have an idea for a better solution, though. FoE mod had rare "medium / high quality salvage" trees, which were processed into "crates" at a salvage yard, then those crates were opened to get items, including stuff needed for advanced workshops. In made sense in archeotech-postapocalyptic setting, but wouldn't be good here. Maybe check what Masterwork mod uses to simulate a research tree? I think they have archeology, but that wouldn't fit Equestria either.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 81