Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185841 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress - 2014 (DF 0.40.19)
« Reply #1050 on: December 06, 2015, 11:07:47 pm »

Glad to hear it's working! :D
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 06, 2015, 11:17:11 pm »

I played around in a world for a bit, and changelings had more or less taken over the world already, they owned all the sites, but i could still play as ponies, griffons or zebra, that all worshiped changeling gods of submission and thralldom, good times :D

I.. need an adult? D:

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 07, 2015, 02:57:43 am »

One strange new issue i came across after messing with the files is that Griffons and Zebra no longer start correctly, so I think i have to fix that up first.

An idea I had was to release a "baseline" version with just the civs polished up as much as I can (maybe even make some other than ponies playable) and then add any other changes I want to implement as a separate version after that. The baseline will be a lot closer to vanilla DF with ponies than what I've done before.. and will probably look closer to the original Pony Fortress from Nido'
I've also been toying with adding more hooved animals as minor civs (like beastmen) that should be able to join civilizations if I'm not mistaken. So there'll be options for cows and goats and such.. and i guess we need some uber traditional yaks from the great north  at some point.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 07, 2015, 05:26:28 am »

Yes! Yaks please! I need to sate my desire to murder them all using ingenious contraption and pony-constructed death traps and sacrificial alters to the blood god.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 07, 2015, 06:54:12 am »

THIS IS NOT TRADITIONAL INGENIOUS YAK-CONSTRUCTED DEATH TRAP AND SACRIFICIAL ALTAR TO BLOOD GOD!?!
YAK SMASH!

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 08, 2015, 12:32:28 am »

Might want to wait 'till the next bugfix release. There's another world gen crash that's been fixed. Plus, there's a bug making it nearly impossible to equip armor in fort mode in the current release.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 08, 2015, 06:07:35 pm »

Good news everyone!

I have fixed the crash bugs, fixed most of the error log entries, and removed all animal men, in their place I have added "special" variants of goats, donkeys and cows, that can talk and work and will actually join civilizations. If anyone can think of some other creatures that have had speaking parts and would make sense to have as "intelligent" variants, let me know!

Next goal is to add the Yak and tweak some of the numbers, especially populations probably need to be balanced a bit to prevent some civs just taking over completely.
For the release I will include a version of the pony creature without the giant pile of castes for adventure mode, as it seems to be quite popular.

Should have a playable version ready within the next couple of days, probably around the time 0.42.03 is out.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 09, 2015, 04:23:31 pm »

If anyone can think of some other creatures that have had speaking parts and would make sense to have as "intelligent" variants, let me know!

Sheep and deer have been shown the ability to speak in the series.

Also horses (Saddle Arabians), which are different then ponies as they apparently don't have cutimarks which I guess is just unique to the ponies...  Probably make them their own desert dwelling major civ?

ALSO Also Mules... but since that is a hybrid species probably best to not add that in till DF gets hybrid in... which I remember in a Future of the Fortress replay that was on the docket in the future.

Boy have I not checked in on this mod in a while...  I miss anything interesting?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:29:20 pm by Phenoix12 »
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 09, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »

Not really much new in about a year, the 0.40.x update kinda broke fliers with all them trees and then I got discouraged and then i got sidetracted.

But now I am comitted to at the absolute very least clean it up and release a working 0.42.x version, which is coming along nicely. :D

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 09, 2015, 09:05:50 pm »

Great to hear it's going to work again. :D

I can't wait to build a Vault for my little ponies, centuries after they were last seen.

Then a small group kind of just showed up next to a Changeling Fortress and start digging and made a self-sufficient vault, opening only to accept new migrants in.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 09, 2015, 09:42:26 pm »

Last time I remember checking in was... well I don't remember but I do remember that you were planning or thinking of doing some things things I didn't think were the best idea but meh, not my mod so I can't tell you want to do.

Though I do look forward to this mod being set up for this release~  Can't wait to have my ponies broiled alive by dragons... OH!  Dragons, you should totally set them up to change them from Megabeasts to something that appears more often... since in the show there are a LOT of dragons and not just one or two in a world if your lucky.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 09, 2015, 10:32:24 pm »

Hey, question... now that libraries and book making are an actual thing in normal DF, what's going to happen to the library and book making for research?  Will it be revamped into something else, removed, or what?  (Personally I think the research aspect is interesting but doesn't make sense in the aspect of the ponies should know how to make all these things we have to research first anyway.)
Dwarf Fortress.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 10, 2015, 04:27:25 am »

At the moment, discoverable/researchable recipes just missed the release apparently, but that'll probably be in a future update.

I'll most likely disable most of the non-canon stuff for the first release, but I'll keep the sawmill and straw reactions to make above ground structures a bit easier.

I was quite inspired by Masterwork when I thought up the research system and all that, and I get it's not for everyone, but I'm not a huge fan of being able to set up "endgame" steel production within the first season of play, and adding an artificial progression system that requires a bit more infrastructure felt like a good solution. I'll probably still tinker with that on my own, but I'm going to make this version of ponies a bit more vanilla.

I have been considering dragons as a civ as well, they'll probably start out pretty small and live a long time growing bigger as they age, I'll see if they're best suited as a fully fledged civ or as a minor group like the cows and such. 

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 10, 2015, 06:09:09 pm »

Okay, today I cleared out the last of the easily squashable errorlog entries (the remainder being a single colour entry out of some.. 1500 entries)
I also added the "Make Wood planks" reaction to the carpenter's shop, because we can do that now! :D
Instead of the straight up 6 logs from before, with the amount of log you already get from trees, I changed it to 4 planks guaranteed, with two ten percent bonuses for an extra.
I've temporarily disabled most of the other reactions for now.

Then I started going through and ensuring all the entity files are correct, I tweaked some values here and there and generally cleaned up things.

There's a small issue at the moment where there aren't really a lot of civilizations around, they don't spread a lot and they die out pretty often.
I guess I'll need to play around with some values tomorrow.

The remaining "big" issue is adding the new skills to the Cutie Mark classes and adding some more creatures.. who wants crystal ponies? well. the missus does, so crystal ponies it is :D

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 10, 2015, 09:37:56 pm »

who wants crystal ponies? well. the missus does, so crystal ponies it is :D

I think I remember suggesting (or possibly just thinking to myself) a long while back that we add in Crystal ponies as a playable race separate from the normal ponies and give them those special crystal reactions to make the crystal blocks and armor and such.  If I didn't suggest it before and I'm just remembering then I'm suggesting it now.
Dwarf Fortress.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 81