Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 186096 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

the problem is mostly that as long as leather exists, it'll be used by the game. The civ doesn't understand that it needs a tanner to make leather as it is considered a byproduct of the animal industry, which is needed for milk, eggs and wool, so you either have [USES_ANIMAL_PRODUCTS] and get leather in addition to milk eggs and wool, or you remove it and lose the non-murderous byproducts. Which is why I ended up removing the leather completely instead. Replacing the tissue file won't work perfectly as I've done some changes to the bleeding and healing factors for balancing and bug fixing purpose.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

Damn...
Well so much for be able to play as a meat eating civ...  or getting meat in adventure mode.
Welp I can live with that I guess, for now.

Also on changelings.
I was thinking since in the civ there will be multaple "queens" but only one appointed ruler...  should the ruler be called something other then queen or just give a diffrent name for the female cast other than queen...  like queenling or brood mother or something.  Cuz having more then one creature refered to as a queen in the civ and also haveing a noble possition called queen seems strange.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Ive found through tests that with the current rating of 1 per 1000 (same as alicorns) means you usually only get 1 or 2 max per civ. It seems to be a first come first serve thing in civ generation when it comes to noble positions, and the first queen will automatically be appointed ruler. Im not sure if the game actually spawns someone in to fill a requirement but I've never seen a civ spawn without a queen.

I like the idea of broodmother tho, definitely changing the changeling civ leader position to that.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

broodmother

:D... wait this isn't starcraft related... Either way this will make the changelings much cooler considering we are separating the queens from the QUEENS.

Also a possible tip for Changleings: Add reactions that they can access which transform them into a certain thing. I think Masterwork did this, however I think fear the night was the sub-mod that actually had it.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

I think the idea at the moment is to make interactions that lets them copy a pony, confusing anypony nearby for a time, reducing their stats slightly or something, still need to work on that.
Broodmother is not exactly invented by starcraft, it's an insectile thing.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like the idea of broodmother tho, definitely changing the changeling civ leader position to that.

I would think that brood mother would just be the name of the female changing… like Changeling brood mother.  And the leader of the civ would still be the queen.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

I think the idea at the moment is to make interactions that lets them copy a pony, confusing anypony nearby for a time, reducing their stats slightly or something, still need to work on that.
Broodmother is not exactly invented by starcraft, it's an insectile thing.

...This is why I never knew that. I hate insects.

Alright no changey interactions like that, However I don't think there is a way to do that in current DF
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 12:39:06 pm by Iceblaster »

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Though the use of custom interactions and syndromes one could make the changelings quite “fun”
I would give them the ability to hide in plain sight for a time.  (I remember reading that you can make an interaction that does that, I'll look up the interaction tags and stuff and see if I can cobble it together)
I would also give the brood mother type changeling a special syndrome that she can sue to mess with the heads of a target, make them rage/depressed/something.  Mabey give other changelings a lesser version of it.
Dwarf Fortress.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made an interaction that might work for changelings if your interested.
Would need to go into an OBJECT_INTERACTION file
Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:STEALTH]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:HIDE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]

Would need to go into the changling creature file
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:STEALTH]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Hide]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:FLEEING]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_TYPE:HORN]
[CDI:VERB:fade into the shadows:fades into the shadows:NA]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]

This interaction should be able to make them go invisable(hide even if seen) when they need to run away.
I haven't tested it yet but I do beleave it will work. (I hope)
Dwarf Fortress.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile

Edit; I'm retarded, disregard me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 10:52:15 am by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

So, I installed this and I must say, I am quite impressed with what you've done. This mod is a joy to play with and I'm glad many new things have been added since I last played around with ye olde Pony Mod.

Yes, this is just a poorly disguised PTW.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

Alrighty! Had some time to clean up the mod, Changelings breed now and spawn in worldgen, but they may require some balancing for sieges and such, I have hardly tested them at all outside some fights in arenamode. No interactions yet, hopefully I'll have some time to work on them in the upcoming weeks.

Will send some PM's to the ones that have announced their interest in testing this before i do a full release.
If anyone else wants to get hold of this a week or two before the official release, just let me know, but know that I have somewhat of a history of letting pretty gamebreking bugs slip by, hence why I am doing a "closed" beta this time around XD

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm back from my extended hiatus, and I am quite interested in bug testing again. I hate it when I have to drop off the face of the earth for excessive periods of time.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Dignity

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So, uh. I'm having a bit of the problem with the Crystal Forge: I can't make crystal shards. Apparently I need a low/high/medium/whatever value gem, plus some fuel. I'm practically drowning in coke, though, so clearly the fuel isn't the problem. Is there anything I might be doing wrong, like maybe I should be using cut gems or a different type of gem or something?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile

I think you'll need uncut gems for this actually, I'll have to double check this once I have access to my files tho. If that is the case I'll see about adding a reaction to crystalize a cut gem as well
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 81