Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Best misc-item for weapon?  (Read 6666 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Best misc-item for weapon?
« on: October 06, 2012, 05:48:37 pm »

What's the best item to use for a misc weapon?
My adventurer currently use a lead bin, but it doesn't seem effective.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Best misc-item for weapon?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:55:40 pm »

As far as lethality, heavier is certainly better. However, if you're going to fight with something that isn't specifically designed to dish out the hurt, then your best bet is to stock up on shields. Copper shields, specifically. There's a lot of hurt to dish out with a heavy copper bludgeon, and a lot more attacks to block as you wield more shields.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:21:38 am »

THE VERY LIMBS OF YOUR FOES!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 08:54:36 am »

I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin, increasing its weight and power.

This.^^^
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 01:14:06 pm »

One time, I had this rattlesnake corpse...

It kicked ass.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 08:13:16 pm »

I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin, increasing its weight and power.

This.^^^
This sounds like an epic idea.
Can you get coffins in human forts?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 09:53:05 pm »

This.^^^
This sounds like an epic idea.
I think it's only found in tombs and catacombs, though I'm not entirely sure. I've never seen a coffin for sale at a market or found anywhere else.
If all else fails, just make a fortress, churn out a bunch of heavy leaden or platinum coffins, abandon, and find it in adventurer.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 10:40:42 pm »

You could probably achieve the same effect with some chest or rock coffer if you stick enough stuff into it. If you do, you could start by using the chest to store all your loot, backpack, food, etc. and pick up the chest to carry.  Then kill some boars or villagers or go grab some heavy goods, stick the stuff(or corpses) in said chest, and continue from there.

Although the use of a marble coffin does earn some badassery points. bonus points if you're a necro and throw the corpses out of the coffin at enemies and then reanimate them!

As for coffin searching, yeah. I'd suggest making a dorf fort and filling it with coffin stockpiles. If I assume correctly, you can't pick up coffins that are built as furniture, and tombs and catacombs and such would most likely already be using their coffins after having them "(b)uilt" in worldgen.

You could just get lucky and find it in a shop too, you never know.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:30 am »

I just finished owning things with a copper flute that weighed 35 urists.

I was power-barding it, as I like to call it.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 08:34:36 am »

my latest adventurer fought with a minecart. He rode the iron beast into combat and pucnhed enemies from minecartback! after riding down an anemy he stopped his minecart and finished them with a strike to the head.

ps. he didn't do that well though. most of the time he ended up flying somewhere in his cart.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 08:39:22 am »

my latest adventurer fought with a minecart. He rode the iron beast into combat and pucnhed enemies from minecartback! after riding down an anemy he stopped his minecart and finished them with a strike to the head.

ps. he didn't do that well though. most of the time he ended up flying somewhere in his cart.

Wait, you can ride in minecarts in adventure mode?

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 08:57:35 am »

Wait, you can ride in minecarts in adventure mode?
... I found a minecart and didn't know I could do anything with it!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 09:15:15 am »

I just made the best weapon.
A lute that weighs 77 pounds, that is also made of gold.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 09:29:36 am »

Okay, yeah, you can use a minecart in adventure mode.

Just stand on it and press 'u'.
What ever you do, when riding in it. DO NOT MOVE IN THE DIRECTION THE CAR IS.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 10:08:36 am »

Okay, yeah, you can use a minecart in adventure mode.

Just stand on it and press 'u'.
What ever you do, when riding in it. DO NOT MOVE IN THE DIRECTION THE CAR IS.
... I am going to have to re-find the dwarven fortress that has the minecart in it again, then!
Pages: [1] 2